This weekend, my family and I were invited to opening day of the Orlando Shakespeare Theater‘s production of The Magic Tree House: A Ghost Tale for Mr. Dickens.
If you have kids and have read the Magic Tree House books, you remember Jack and Annie, along with the tree house and how it magically travels through time with help from Morgan La Fey, the magical librarian of Camelot.
In this new production, Jack and Annie find themselves tasked with helping Charles Dickens overcome his writers block. Well, as clever as the kids are, they always end up getting into a bit of trouble, and it’s fun watching the story unfold.
This musical production follows the book pretty well. The cast play multiple roles, and I also found the performances to be well done and engaging. I always love the audience participation, too…it makes the show more fun!
My daughter’s favorite character was Morgan La Fay, due to the costume, she said. I am always amazed at the costuming for the productions at the Orlando Shakes company.
It is well worth it to find the time to take the family to see this show. It really is fun for all ages. Grandma was with us, and she enjoyed it with her grandkids.
The Magic Tree House: A Ghost Tale for Mr. Dickens is playing now through November 20. Ticket prices are $9 for all showsMonday/Tuesday//Thursday/Friday at 10:15am and noon, and Wednesday at noon; and $15 adults/$12 children for Saturday shows at 2pm and 4:30pm. The production is in the Margeson Theater at John and Rita Lowndes Shakespeare Center (812 E. Rollins St.).
To purchase, or for more information, call 407-447-1700, ext 1, or visit orlandoshakes.org.
[Photos by Carol Garreans]
Disclaimer: We were guests of the Orlando Shakespeare Theater for review purposes. As always, my opinion is my own and honest.
- Out and About: The Big Bounce America Tour is Fun for All Ages .. @TheBigBounceUSA - October 24, 2019
- Out and About: The Holy Land Experience Debuts New Show ‘David: King of Jerusalem’ .. #HolyLandExp #WhereTheTrueHeroesLive - September 30, 2019
- Out and About: ‘Tuck Everlasting: The Musical’ at The Orlando REP .. @OrlandoREP - September 28, 2019
- Out and About: Disney On Ice Brings Road Trip Adventures to Orlando - September 8, 2019
- Out and About: Nona Adventure Park Opens in Orlando @Nona_Adventure - March 30, 2019
- Out and About: Monster Jam in 2019 is Better Than Ever! - January 15, 2019
- Out and About: Maker Faire Orlando 2018 Was a Fun Family Weekend - November 15, 2018
- Out and About: LEGOLAND Florida’s Brick or Treat Offers Family-Friendly Spooky Fun - October 13, 2018
- Out and About: Catching the Premiere of Disney On Ice presents Mickey’s Search Party - September 10, 2018
- Out and About: Monster Jam Triple Threat at the Amway Center was Fun for the Whole Family - August 20, 2018