This weekend, my family and I were invited to opening day of the Orlando Shakespeare Theater‘s production of The Magic Tree House: A Ghost Tale for Mr. Dickens.
If you have kids and have read the Magic Tree House books, you remember Jack and Annie, along with the tree house and how it magically travels through time with help from Morgan La Fey, the magical librarian of Camelot.
In this new production, Jack and Annie find themselves tasked with helping Charles Dickens overcome his writers block. Well, as clever as the kids are, they always end up getting into a bit of trouble, and it’s fun watching the story unfold.
This musical production follows the book pretty well. The cast play multiple roles, and I also found the performances to be well done and engaging. I always love the audience participation, too…it makes the show more fun!
My daughter’s favorite character was Morgan La Fay, due to the costume, she said. I am always amazed at the costuming for the productions at the Orlando Shakes company.
It is well worth it to find the time to take the family to see this show. It really is fun for all ages. Grandma was with us, and she enjoyed it with her grandkids.
The Magic Tree House: A Ghost Tale for Mr. Dickens is playing now through November 20. Ticket prices are $9 for all showsMonday/Tuesday//Thursday/Friday at 10:15am and noon, and Wednesday at noon; and $15 adults/$12 children for Saturday shows at 2pm and 4:30pm. The production is in the Margeson Theater at John and Rita Lowndes Shakespeare Center (812 E. Rollins St.).
To purchase, or for more information, call 407-447-1700, ext 1, or visit orlandoshakes.org.
[Photos by Carol Garreans]
Disclaimer: We were guests of the Orlando Shakespeare Theater for review purposes. As always, my opinion is my own and honest.
- Out and About: Monster Jam is Coming to Orlando Jan 20 and We Previewed It In Tampa - January 16, 2018
- Out and About: Marvel Universe LIVE! Age of Heroes at the Amway Center is Fun For the Whole Family - January 13, 2018
- New #Wawa Opens on Central Florida Parkway in Orlando - December 14, 2017
- Out and About: Christmas Bricktacular Returns to LEGOland Florida! - December 8, 2017
- Out and About: Zarrella’s Italian & Wood Fired Pizza in Cape Canaveral - June 11, 2017
- Out and About: 139th Silver Spurs Rodeo is Fun for the Whole Family - June 8, 2017
- Out and About: Universal Orlando Celebrates Holidays with Macy’s Parade and Grinchmas - December 27, 2016
- Out and About: Disney on Ice Follow Your Heart is Fun for the Whole Family! - September 5, 2016
- Out and About: House of Pho Opens in Orlando - August 14, 2016
- Out and About: A Dining Review of Pincho Factory in Dr Phillips - April 18, 2016