Now open for the sports fans, Universal Orlando‘s NBC Sports Grill & Brew held their grand opening Friday, October 23, with a bevy of sports figures and celebrities on hand.
NBC Sports commentators Bob Costas, Cris Collinsworth, Hines Ward and Michele Tafoya were joined by the likes of Paul Burmeister, Doug Flutie, Rebecca Lowe, Jeremy Roenick, Kathryn Tappen, Lauren Thompson and Gary Williams.
The venue is designed to combine the sophistication of a VIP sports suite with the excitement and adrenaline of the game. Highlights include nearly 100 HD TV screens throughout, open-fire grills to watch the chefs in action, and a 120+ foot wide HD stadium screen outside over the entrance showing a reel of some of the greatest moments in NBC Sports history.
The menu features more than 75 items highlighting the best in game day food from burgers and wings to shrimp skewers and salads. There is also a quartet of steaks for the heartier appetite, and for the lighter eats, a char-grilled chicken sandwich and a turkey-burger BLT. Vegetarians also have more to enjoy besides salad, with items like the Portobello sandwich, and the Quinoa & Edamame burger.
As for the “Brew” in the name, the restaurant features more than 100 beer selections from craft beers to more mainstream tastes. They are also offering an exclusive draft brew called 862 Orlando, that you can only enjoy here.
NBC Sports Grill & Brew is located at Universal Orlando’s CityWalk before the bridge to go to Universal Studios Florida park. For more information, visit universalorlando.com.
You can watch a highlight reel Univeral Orlando put together from the grand opening party here:
[Images courtesy of Universal Orlando]
- SeaWorld Orlando Ditches VR Component of Kraken Coaster - September 25, 2018
- 2019 Monster Jam Tickets Go On Sale September 25, 2018 - September 24, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 22, 2018: Holler and Dash, Pharmacy, Earth Fare, and More - September 22, 2018
- $10 Day Returns to @OrlandoScience Center Sept 23 - September 20, 2018
- Madame Tussauds Orlando and SEA LIFE Aquarium Orlando to Host Sensory Friendly Day Sept 22 - September 19, 2018
- 2018 US Open Table Tennis Championships to be Held in Orlando - September 18, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Reveals Plans for Florida’s Tallest Launch Roller Coaster #Tigris - September 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 14, 2018: Tijuana Flats, Columbia Restaurant, The Capital Grille, and More - September 14, 2018
- FOZZY to Rock House of Blues Orlando Sept 27, 2018 @FOZZYROCK - September 13, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Outfield’s Tony Lewis Sept 28 - September 12, 2018