Now open for the sports fans, Universal Orlando‘s NBC Sports Grill & Brew held their grand opening Friday, October 23, with a bevy of sports figures and celebrities on hand.
NBC Sports commentators Bob Costas, Cris Collinsworth, Hines Ward and Michele Tafoya were joined by the likes of Paul Burmeister, Doug Flutie, Rebecca Lowe, Jeremy Roenick, Kathryn Tappen, Lauren Thompson and Gary Williams.
The venue is designed to combine the sophistication of a VIP sports suite with the excitement and adrenaline of the game. Highlights include nearly 100 HD TV screens throughout, open-fire grills to watch the chefs in action, and a 120+ foot wide HD stadium screen outside over the entrance showing a reel of some of the greatest moments in NBC Sports history.
The menu features more than 75 items highlighting the best in game day food from burgers and wings to shrimp skewers and salads. There is also a quartet of steaks for the heartier appetite, and for the lighter eats, a char-grilled chicken sandwich and a turkey-burger BLT. Vegetarians also have more to enjoy besides salad, with items like the Portobello sandwich, and the Quinoa & Edamame burger.
As for the “Brew” in the name, the restaurant features more than 100 beer selections from craft beers to more mainstream tastes. They are also offering an exclusive draft brew called 862 Orlando, that you can only enjoy here.
NBC Sports Grill & Brew is located at Universal Orlando’s CityWalk before the bridge to go to Universal Studios Florida park. For more information, visit universalorlando.com.
You can watch a highlight reel Univeral Orlando put together from the grand opening party here:
[Images courtesy of Universal Orlando]
- 2019 Marketplace Menus for SeaWorld Orlando’s Seven Seas Food Festival - February 22, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating National Margarita Day - February 21, 2019
- Florida Strawberry Festival Brings The Yum To Plant City Feb 28-Mar 10, 2019 #BerryFest19 - February 20, 2019
- MegaCon Orlando Brings Star-Studded Fandom Fun May 16-19, 2019 #MegaConOrlando19 - February 19, 2019
- Chef José Andrés to open Jaleo and Pepe Restaurants at #Disney Springs Winter 2019 @ChefJoseAndres - February 18, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces 2019-2020 FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando Season @drphillipsctr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 15, 2019
- Out and About: Cheddar’s Adds New Comfort Food Dishes to the Menu #CheddarsScratchKitchen #csktvtheloop - February 14, 2019
- Pentatonix and Rachel Platten Bring World Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center June 1 #PTXTheWorldTour - February 13, 2019
- Walt #Disney World Offering New Dining Package for Final Months of IllumiNations at Epcot - February 13, 2019
- 142nd Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 15-17, 2019 #SilverSpursRodeo - February 12, 2019