As a Feld Entertainment Blogger Ambassador, CitySurfing Orlando was invited to enjoy the Monster Jam Triple Threat show at the Amway Center this weekend, and here is what we thought of it.
Normally, Monster Jam is at a stadium, or other large outdoor venue, with 12 or so Monster trucks, and the audience is exposed to the weather.
This show was at Amway Center Arena, however. A nice air-conditioned venue, which we appreciated in the middle of August.
It’s a smaller venue, of course, so there were only 8 trucks. This event had many fan favorites, including local driver Bari Musawwir from Ocoee, who drove for the Zombie team.
Triple Threat is a new show by Feld Entertainment, and in it, the Monster truck drivers also drive ATV’s and Speedsters around the course in races.
There are skills competitions for 2 wheel tricks, fastest thru the course, and best freestyle performance, with points awarded for first place. It is truly a marvel at what these drivers can do with a 12.000 pound monster truck. Standing on the front 2 wheels, standing on the back 2 wheels, bouncing, etc. The drivers are truly athletes. And now to see them race using a different vehicle, is fun.
This is a fun show. we enjoyed it!
Amway Center is sometimes a challenge to attend events at, as my husband needs to use a motorized scooter. However, all of the staff and customer service at this event were helpful and courteous. This is a good change that I am happy to see.
I recommend that if Monster Jam comes to your town, or a town near you, go see it. It’s a very fun family-friendly show. Make sure you have ear plugs for the kids – and adults – as it gets very loud. Visit MonsterJam.com for dates and more information.
[Photos by Kirk Garreans for CitySurfing Orlando]
Disclaimer: CitySurfing Orlando is a Feld Entertainment Blogger Ambassador, and in exchange for our time and efforts in attending shows, and reporting our opinions within this blog, as well as keeping you advised of the latest discount offers, Feld Entertainment has provided us with complimentary tickets to Feld shows, along with other exclusive opportunities. As always, my opinions are honest, and my own.
- Out and About: Maker Faire Orlando 2018 Was a Fun Family Weekend - November 15, 2018
- Out and About: LEGOLAND Florida’s Brick or Treat Offers Family-Friendly Spooky Fun - October 13, 2018
- Out and About: Catching the Premiere of Disney On Ice presents Mickey’s Search Party - September 10, 2018
- Out and About: Monster Jam Triple Threat at the Amway Center was Fun for the Whole Family - August 20, 2018
- Out and About: Monster Jam is Coming to Orlando Jan 20 and We Previewed It In Tampa - January 16, 2018
- Out and About: Marvel Universe LIVE! Age of Heroes at the Amway Center is Fun For the Whole Family - January 13, 2018
- New #Wawa Opens on Central Florida Parkway in Orlando - December 14, 2017
- Out and About: Christmas Bricktacular Returns to LEGOland Florida! - December 8, 2017
- Out and About: Zarrella’s Italian & Wood Fired Pizza in Cape Canaveral - June 11, 2017
- Out and About: 139th Silver Spurs Rodeo is Fun for the Whole Family - June 8, 2017