In this week’s Orlando dining news round-up: several openings, new menu items, and more. Are you hungry? Let’s dive in…
If you missed Urbain 40 in Dr. Phillips during this fall’s Magical Dining month, the restaurant is offering a November prix fixe menu with many of the same amazing dishes.
The Fall Harvest Prix Fixe Menu features three courses and is priced at $35. Entrees include Risotto di Giorno (Pan-Roasted Sweet Red Argentine Shrimp, Butternut Squash,
Sage, Mascarpone & Pecorino Romano-Laced Risotto di Carnarolli) [pictured below], Orecchiette alla Campana (Italian Fennel Sausage, Eggplant, Rhapini, Herb-Infused Olive Oil, and Grana Padano) [pictured above], and Free-Range Organic Chicken Parmigiano Bianco (Mediterranean Vegetable-laced Pearl Pasta, Tiny Tomatoes, with a Mozzarella, Parmigiano & Fontina Cream). I’ve had all three dishes and they are delicious!
The menu is available now through November 30 (except Thanksgiving Day).
Ford’s Garage, an Official Licensee of Ford Motor Company, will be opening November 12 at Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets. It will occupy the space that formerly housed Dick’s Last Resort.
The food menu features gourmet burgers, American comfort food, and lighter fare. Ford’s Garage has a focus on American Craft Beer, with multiple rotating taps and bottled beers. Their drink menu also features wine, hand-crafted cocktails and non-alcoholic options.
National Baklava Day is Saturday, November 17, and Taverna Opa is giving away the sweet dessert to anyone mentioning the offer throughout the day.
A La Cart food truck park is finally opening in the Mlik District on November 18. Located at 609 Irvington Ave., the open-air venue will feature trucks by Adao Pastel Gourmet (Brazilian-style empanadas), Poke Kai (poke), Steak It Easy (Brazilian-style skewered meats), SwedeDish (Scandinavian), and Vinny & Kory (Vietnamese and Korean fare).
The venue will also offer a 15-tap bar featuring a rotating selection of craft beer, cider, wine and cold-brewed coffee.
The grand opening is slated for the weekend of Dec. 7-9.
Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto will host the first annual “12 Beers of Christmas” at Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs on Sunday, December 2. The event will feature multiple stations of holiday-themed beers from local breweries.
Enjoy pairings of Pan-Asian bites at each station, including Okonomiyaki, Takoyaki, Yakisoba, Yakitori, Gyoza, various Dim Sum, raw bar varieties,and multiple types of ramen and sushi. Cost is $55 per person. Visit the event’s ticket page for more information.
Chef Morimoto will personally host the event and be on hand to autograph his newest cookbook, “Mastering the Art of Japanese Home Cooking,” which will be available for purchase. One hundred percent of proceeds from the cookbook sales will be donated to Give Kids The World.
The Ravenous Pig in Winter Park has ended its house account program. Those who still have dining credit are welcome to use it, but no new accounts will be opened.
That’s it for this week. If you have any Central Florida dining news to share, drop it in comments or send it to us via our contact form. We’ll credit you if we use it.
- The 28th Annual Florida Film Festival Announces Grand Jury and Audience Award Winners #FFF2019 - April 22, 2019
- Dr Phillips Center Hosts Auditions for Jesus Christ Superstar National Tour on Saturday, April 20 @drphillipsctr #JesusChristSuperstar - April 18, 2019
- Party for the Planet Returns to Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 20-22, 2019 #EarthDay2019 #PartyforthePlanet - April 17, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s 2019 Picks For Easter Dining And Family Fun In Orlando - April 16, 2019
- Monster Jam World Finals XX Roll Into Orlando’s Camping World Stadium May 10-11, 2019 #MonsterJam - April 15, 2019
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Digital Ticket Lottery for Dear Evan Hansen #YouWillBeFound #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - April 12, 2019
- Five Reasons You Should Attend the 2019 Florida Film Festival #FFF2019 - April 11, 2019
- Central Florida Foodie Events for April 2019 #OrlandoFoodies ::UPDATED:: - April 7, 2019
- Out and About: CityArts Opens in Historic Roger Kiene Building in Downtown Orlando - March 31, 2019
- Out and About: Tony Roma’s Serves Up Delicious New Classics Menu Through April 28, 2019 @TonyRomas - March 27, 2019