My family and I are huge Marvel fans so we were excited to the the Marvel Universe LIVE! Age of Heroes at the Amway Center last night (Jan 12)! This show is loaded with action.
The show begins with Dr. Strange flying in and telling us about a powerful and magical wand; The Wand of Watoomb. In the wrong hands, it will destroy the universe!
The Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, Black Widow, Captain America, Black Panther, Wasp, Iron Man, Thor, and others show up to help save the universe from certain destruction if Loki were to get his hands on the Wand.
Our heroes fight evil to get the wand and they travel all around the universe to do it. Motorcycles are used in some settings, and aerial acrobatics are artfully performed throughout the show.
The story is original, and does not tie in to the movies, other than all the characters are present. And of course, [spoiler alert!] evil is defeated by the end of the show.
The technical aspect of the show contributed to the enjoyment of it. The staging is dynamic, with moving platforms, and the scenery is done with projection which allows a variety of settings to be used more effectively and easily than in years past. The audio was clear and not too loud.
It all helped to tell a fun story for our whole family to enjoy. Don’t miss your chance to see Marvel Universe LIVE! Age of Heroes…it’s at the Amway Center through Monday, January 15.
Tickets for Marvel Universe LIVE! Age of Heroes start at only $15, and are available at marveluniverselive.com or ticketmaster.com, by calling 800-745-3000, or at the Amway Center box office (phone for information only: 407-440-7900). For group ticket sales and information, call 866-248-8740.
Remaining Orlando show times: Saturday (today), January 13, 11am, 3pm and 7pm; Sunday, January 14, 1pm and 5pm; Monday, January 15 (MLK Day), 1pm.
[photos by Kirk Garreans on assignment for CitySurfing Orlando]
Disclaimer: We received Marvel Universe LIVE! Age of Heroes tickets in exchange for this review and promotion of the event. As always, my opinion is honest.
- Out and About: The Big Bounce America Tour is Fun for All Ages .. @TheBigBounceUSA - October 24, 2019
- Out and About: The Holy Land Experience Debuts New Show ‘David: King of Jerusalem’ .. #HolyLandExp #WhereTheTrueHeroesLive - September 30, 2019
- Out and About: ‘Tuck Everlasting: The Musical’ at The Orlando REP .. @OrlandoREP - September 28, 2019
- Out and About: Disney On Ice Brings Road Trip Adventures to Orlando - September 8, 2019
- Out and About: Nona Adventure Park Opens in Orlando @Nona_Adventure - March 30, 2019
- Out and About: Monster Jam in 2019 is Better Than Ever! - January 15, 2019
- Out and About: Maker Faire Orlando 2018 Was a Fun Family Weekend - November 15, 2018
- Out and About: LEGOLAND Florida’s Brick or Treat Offers Family-Friendly Spooky Fun - October 13, 2018
- Out and About: Catching the Premiere of Disney On Ice presents Mickey’s Search Party - September 10, 2018
- Out and About: Monster Jam Triple Threat at the Amway Center was Fun for the Whole Family - August 20, 2018