The holidays at Universal Orlando are full of wonder and magic. Macy’s brings a few balloons from their legendary Thanksgiving Parade to Universal Studios Florida for a mini-parade that makes me want to go to NYC to see the whole thing! It’s amazing to watch as these gigantic balloons are maneuvered down the street in the park. I think I was just as excited as the kids were.
At the end of the parade, Santa stops in front of the Macy’s store façade in the park, and lights the Christmas tree. The parade includes Rockette type dancers, snowmen, penguins, and other characters. The only drawback we had was that we had to get to where we were at 4 pm for a 5pm parade. There is not enough handicap areas in this section of the parade route. I don’t know about elsewhere. I strongly recommend getting there early to get a good viewing spot.
The parks are so pretty at Christmas time. But there is something about Suess Landing that is extra special. Maybe it’s the stage production of Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular, a live retelling of Dr. Seuss’ classic holiday tale. The entrance is in Islands of Adventure, with the show presented in a soundstage that is located between the two parks.
This show lasting about 30 minutes. This stage production is well done. The acting is good, and the sets put you in the middle of Whoville, while the air conditioning makes it seem like winter. Not really, but it is welcomed with our higher temps than normal for this time of year. The music is composed by Mannheim Steamroller. I really like this show, and so did my family.
The last of the big holiday events is the Mannheim Steamroller concert on select weekends. It’s always seems more like Christmas with their music. Those shows take place in the Universal Studios park, on the Music Plaza Stage. It’s not a 2 hour concert, but it’s a nice relaxing time as the park closes.
All of these events (except the Mannheim Steamroller concert) run on selected dates through January 3, 2017, and are included with park admission. All of these events are also handicap accessible.
Read our post to find out more about holidays at Universal Orlando.
[All photos by Carol Garreans]
- Out and About: The Big Bounce America Tour is Fun for All Ages .. @TheBigBounceUSA - October 24, 2019
- Out and About: The Holy Land Experience Debuts New Show ‘David: King of Jerusalem’ .. #HolyLandExp #WhereTheTrueHeroesLive - September 30, 2019
- Out and About: ‘Tuck Everlasting: The Musical’ at The Orlando REP .. @OrlandoREP - September 28, 2019
- Out and About: Disney On Ice Brings Road Trip Adventures to Orlando - September 8, 2019
- Out and About: Nona Adventure Park Opens in Orlando @Nona_Adventure - March 30, 2019
- Out and About: Monster Jam in 2019 is Better Than Ever! - January 15, 2019
- Out and About: Maker Faire Orlando 2018 Was a Fun Family Weekend - November 15, 2018
- Out and About: LEGOLAND Florida’s Brick or Treat Offers Family-Friendly Spooky Fun - October 13, 2018
- Out and About: Catching the Premiere of Disney On Ice presents Mickey’s Search Party - September 10, 2018
- Out and About: Monster Jam Triple Threat at the Amway Center was Fun for the Whole Family - August 20, 2018