One of the best Central Florida foodie events of the year returns August 18 as Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining event kicks off its 2023 edition citywide.
What is Magical Dining?
During Magical Dining, which will run through October 1, 2023, participating Orlando-area restaurants will be offering three-course prix fixe dinner menu showcasing the best of their dishes.
New this year, some menus will be priced at $40 per person, and some will be prices at $60 per person, allowing a greater variety of participating restaurants.
Magical Dining is a great way to try new restaurants on your list, or rediscover old favorites, and it’s super easy to enjoy. Simply ask for the Magical Dining menu when ordering.
Eat Well For A Good Cause
Plus $1 from every $40 meal and $2 from every $60 meal served will benefit the charity The Lifeboat Project, an organization that raises awareness on the issue of human trafficking, empowering the lives of survivors through short and long-term aftercare, residential programs and education.
Visit Orlando will also award a $2,000 donation to one local nonprofit in each of Orange County’s six commission districts that also supports workforce development. They include: Mustard Seed of Central Florida, Nuevo Sendero, One Heart for Women and Children, Salvation Army Orlando, Samaritan Village, and Wake Up Mentoring.
The newest additions to Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining include Amare at Swan Reserve ($40), Bella Tuscany Ristorante Italiano ($40), BR77 Brazilian Steakhouse ($40), El Conquistador Restaurant ($40), Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ – Orlando and Flamingo Crossing locations ($40), LakeHouse ($40), Lake Mary Social ($40), La Margarita Restaurant ($40), MYlounge Orlando ($60), North Italia ($40), Osphere Grill, Sushi and Bar ($40), Palate Bistro and Bar ($40), The Palm Restaurant ($60), Park Avenue Tavern ($40), Rodizio Grill ($60), Salt & The Cellar ($60), and The Wilson Cocktails & Seafood ($40).
Additionally, eight restaurants recognized by the MICHELIN Guide will participate in this year’s program: AVA MediterrAegean ($60), BACÁN ($60), The Pinery ($40), Kabooki Sushi East Orlando ($40), Maxine’s on Shine ($40), Ravello ($60), The Ravenous Pig ($40) and Z Asian – Vietnamese Kitchen ($40).
In past years, I have Magical Dined at Taverna Opa at Pointe Orlando, Jaleo at Disney Springs, and Amatista Cookhouse at Loew’s Sapphire Falls Resort. And while I haven’t Magical Dined at UnReserved Food Bazaar at JW Marriott Bonnet Creek, I have eaten several of the dishes on the restaurant’s Magical Dining menu and they were delicious.
In addition to all the wonderful restaurants to try, Visit Orlando is also offering some staycation hotel deals for locals and Florida residents.
The Alfond Inn is offering a Magical Experience Package with one-night stay in a classic room, complimentary parking, champagne and a dinner for two at Hamilton’s Kitchen starting at $329, while properties like Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort, The Lake Nona Wave, Melia Orlando Celebration, and the Wyndham Grande Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek are offering staycation savings. There are over 27 participating locations.
From Magical Dining menus to online reservations, you’ll find all the info you need at MagicalDining.com.
- ‘Penguin Trek’ Immersive Family Coaster Coming to SeaWorld Orlando in Spring 2024 - September 28, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces The Residency Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Special Guests Oct 3-8, 2023 - September 11, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando Turns 13 Today! - September 2, 2023
- Out and About: Magical Dining at AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park - September 1, 2023
- ‘Every Brilliant Thing’ Starring John O’Hurley Coming to The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Sept. 8-24 - August 31, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Opens Registration for the 2024 Free Teacher Card - August 30, 2023
- A List of Hurricane Idalia Closings in Central Florida - August 29, 2023
- LEGOLAND Florida Offers Florida Resident Rates For Hurricane Idalia Sheltering - August 29, 2023
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando Reduces Pricing for Florida Residents Ahead of Idalia - August 28, 2023
- SeaWorld and Busch Garden Florida Parks to Go Cashless Aug 30, 2023 - August 25, 2023