SeaWorld Orlando, crowned the Coaster Capital of Orlando, is celebrating National Roller Coaster Day on August 16 with the “Coaster Capital Challenge.”
SeaWorld Orlando will be distributing exclusive “Coaster Capital Challenge” lanyards to the first 400 guests to accept the challenge, inviting them to conquer all seven coasters within the park.
This lanyard will act as a complimentary Quick Queue for each coaster, allowing those participating in the challenge to bypass the lines.
The roller coasters to challenge at SeaWorld Orlando are:
- Ice Breaker: Rated the #1 Best New Theme Park Attraction by USA Today’s Readers’ Choice Awards, Ice Breaker has the steepest beyond vertical drop in Florida, sending guests on a 93-feet tall spike with a 100-degree angle.
- Mako: Rated the #1 Best Roller Coaster by USA Today’s Readers’ Choice Awards, Mako hits speeds up to 73 mph and races up to 200 feet high.
- Manta: Riders will go head-first, face-down on an inverted nosedive on the only flying roller coaster of its kind in Florida.
- Journey To Atlantis: Guests will explore dark, watery passageways through the sunken city before being flung from its gates down a thrilling plunge into the waters below on this exciting flume ride/roller coaster hybrid.
- Kraken: Orlando’s only floorless roller coaster has riders travelling at highway speeds to heights of more than 150 feet.
- Super Grover’s Box Car Derby: This family-friendly coaster is full of fun hills, big turns, and mini-dives! This action-packed race is the perfect first steel roller coaster for kids and adults!
- Pipeline: The Surf Coaster: the recently opened coaster where riders stand on a surfboard for even more thrills.
SeaWorld Orlando says Pass Members will also have an opportunity to participate in a behind-the-scenes tour of Mako (limited availability) as an exclusive Pass Member perk.
Valid park admission required to participate. For more details on the coasters, or to purchase admission, visit SeaWorldOrlando.com
- ‘Penguin Trek’ Immersive Family Coaster Coming to SeaWorld Orlando in Spring 2024 - September 28, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces The Residency Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Special Guests Oct 3-8, 2023 - September 11, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando Turns 13 Today! - September 2, 2023
- Out and About: Magical Dining at AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park - September 1, 2023
- ‘Every Brilliant Thing’ Starring John O’Hurley Coming to The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Sept. 8-24 - August 31, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Opens Registration for the 2024 Free Teacher Card - August 30, 2023
- A List of Hurricane Idalia Closings in Central Florida - August 29, 2023
- LEGOLAND Florida Offers Florida Resident Rates For Hurricane Idalia Sheltering - August 29, 2023
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando Reduces Pricing for Florida Residents Ahead of Idalia - August 28, 2023
- SeaWorld and Busch Garden Florida Parks to Go Cashless Aug 30, 2023 - August 25, 2023