Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining is in full swing and I decided to treat myself to JALEO at Disney Springs.
The restaurant is from James Beard-award winning chef, José Andrés, and offers tapas and small plates influenced by Spain.
Inside, the restaurant is arranged into cozy booths and tables decorated in reds, golds, and dark wood tones on two levels. It’s cozy but not crowded.
The highlight of the main floor is the huge open kitchen anchoring one end, where one can see the chefs hard at work.
I started with Gazpacho Estilo Algeciras, which is a classic chilled Spanish soup made with tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers. It was lightly spiced and the flavors were bright and crisp.
I chose the Ensalada Verde (mixed greens with cherry tomatoes, onions and olives with a sherry dressing) for my second course. I had them hold the olives since I’m not a fan, but I enjoyed the dressing.
For the third course, I went spicy with the Patatas Bravas (fried potatoes with spicy tomato sauce and aioli), which is a favorite of mine.
I chose the Butifarra Casera con Mongetes as my entree, which is grilled pork sausage with sautéed white beans and alioli. The dish was a nice balance of spices and textures.
I ended the meal with Flan al Estilo Tradicional. The custard was thick but light and the Catalan cream and oranges provided a nice balance of sweet and tangy to accent the dessert.
Service was excellent, and though Jaleo offers a nice selection of cocktails, wine, and more, as a non-drinker, I stuck to water with my meal.
If you love the flavors of Spain, you’ll definitely want to visit Jaleo during Magical Dining. It’s a lovely way to experience some of the best of their regular menu.
Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining has just been extended through October 17, 2021, so there’s still plenty of time to check out some of the best restaurants in the Orlando area, all offering the prix fixe $37 menus. Read our preview or visit MagicalDining.com for more details.
- Out and About: Walt Disney World Opens Space 220 Restaurant at EPCOT .. #Space220 #EPCOT #DisneyDining #WaltDisneyWorld - September 21, 2021
- Space 220 Restaurant Opens at EPCOT Sept 20, 2021 .. #Space220 #EPCOT #DisneyDining - September 17, 2021
- SeaWorld Orlando Welcomes Families to SeaWorld Spooktacular® Starting Sept 18, 2021 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #HalloweenSpooktacular - September 16, 2021
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Returns Oct 29-30, 2021 .. #SwanandDolphin #FoodandWineClassic #OrlandoFoodies - September 15, 2021
- Visit Orlando Extends Magical Dining Until October 17, 2021 .. #VisitOrlando #MagicalDining #OrlandoRestaurants - September 14, 2021
- Out and About: Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining at JALEO at Disney Springs .. #VisitOrlando #MagicalDining #Jaleo #DisneySprings - September 13, 2021
- SeaWorld Orlando Extends Craft Beer Festival Through October 31, 2021 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #CraftBeer - September 12, 2021
- ICON Park honors First Responders on 20th Anniversary of 9/11 .. #ICONPark #FirstResponders - September 10, 2021
- Ramen Rumble 4 Comes to Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs Sept 28, 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #RamenRumble4 - September 10, 2021
- Rib & Whiskey Menu Returns to Marlow’s Tavern Locations .. #MarlowsTavern #RibsAndWhiskey - September 9, 2021