For the second consecutive year, Cask & Larder and the Bach Festival Society of Winter Park will collaborate on a limited edition beer release to commemorate famed 18th century German composer Johann Sebastian Bach, a noted beer lover.
The 2016 Branderburger Bock, brewed by Cask & Larder head brewer Larry Foor, will be produced in a style that mimics the methods of brewing in Germany during the 18th century, when Bach enjoyed his brews.
The collaboration between Cask & Larder and The Bach Festival Society came to be after the Bach Festival Society’s Betsy Gwinn and Alex Tiedtke discovered a 300-year old letter Johann Sebastian Bach wrote to a friend proclaiming his love for a barrel of beer he had received as a gift. Gwinn and Tiedtke approached Cask & Larder’s Foor about brewing a beer in a style similar to the one Bach wrote about, to celebrate the Bach Festival Society of Winter Park’s 80th anniversary.
The release of the 2016 brew will be on Feb. 13, from 11am to 4pm, at Cask & Larder, and the party will also feature a special German food menu to pair with the beer. The limited edition beer will be available on tap until it runs out, and also will be sold in 32-ounce to-go crowlers for $7 per can at both Cask & Larder and neighboring Swine & Sons. Cask & Larder will donate $1 from each Brandenburger Bock sold to the Bach Festival Society of Winter Park.
Foor has also invited several other local breweries, including Redlight Redlight, ten10, Central 28, Crooked Can and Red Cypress to pay homage to Bach. Each brewery will showcase its own German-style beer during the event.
The beer release also falls during the 81st Annual Winter Park Bach Festival, which runs from Feb. 12-28, 2016.
For more information visit: CaskandLarder.com.
To view the complete 2015 Bach Festival Society of Winter Park event schedule visit: BachFestivalFlorida.org.
[photo courtesy Cask & Larder]
- WonderWorks Orlando Offering $10 All-Access Passes To Use After Quarantine .. @WonderWorksORL - April 10, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s 2020 Picks For #Easter Dining In #Orlando (At Home) - April 8, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For April 8, 2020: Kadance, Hawkers, Canvas, ICON Park, Estefan Kitchen Orlando, Ravenous Pig, and More .. #OrlandoFoodies - April 8, 2020
- Orange County and Visit Orlando Launch ‘#407Day’ Campaign April 7 to Support Local Restaurants .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoToGo #VisitOrlando - April 6, 2020
- Enzian Theater Offering Four New Indie Movies to Stream .. @EnzianTheater @atwdfilm #CorpusChristiFilm @ExtraOrdFilm @SWMYfilm - April 5, 2020
- Southern Fried Sunday to Host Second Free Online #StayHome Music Fest April 5 With Optional Food Supplied by Winter Park’s #NewStandard .. #SFS - April 5, 2020
- SeaWorld Parks Provide Free Online Animal and Nature Classroom Resources .. @SeaWorld #ClassroomResources - April 4, 2020
- Creative City Project Presents “Stimulate the Arts” Online Fundraiser .. @Creative_Proj #OrlandoArts - April 3, 2020
- Orlando’s East End Market Launches Mobile Delivery Service .. @EastEndMkt - April 2, 2020
- Feed the Need Florida to Distribute Meals to Families Impacted by COVID-19 .. #FeedtheNeedFL - March 31, 2020