For the second consecutive year, Cask & Larder and the Bach Festival Society of Winter Park will collaborate on a limited edition beer release to commemorate famed 18th century German composer Johann Sebastian Bach, a noted beer lover.
The 2016 Branderburger Bock, brewed by Cask & Larder head brewer Larry Foor, will be produced in a style that mimics the methods of brewing in Germany during the 18th century, when Bach enjoyed his brews.
The collaboration between Cask & Larder and The Bach Festival Society came to be after the Bach Festival Society’s Betsy Gwinn and Alex Tiedtke discovered a 300-year old letter Johann Sebastian Bach wrote to a friend proclaiming his love for a barrel of beer he had received as a gift. Gwinn and Tiedtke approached Cask & Larder’s Foor about brewing a beer in a style similar to the one Bach wrote about, to celebrate the Bach Festival Society of Winter Park’s 80th anniversary.
The release of the 2016 brew will be on Feb. 13, from 11am to 4pm, at Cask & Larder, and the party will also feature a special German food menu to pair with the beer. The limited edition beer will be available on tap until it runs out, and also will be sold in 32-ounce to-go crowlers for $7 per can at both Cask & Larder and neighboring Swine & Sons. Cask & Larder will donate $1 from each Brandenburger Bock sold to the Bach Festival Society of Winter Park.
Foor has also invited several other local breweries, including Redlight Redlight, ten10, Central 28, Crooked Can and Red Cypress to pay homage to Bach. Each brewery will showcase its own German-style beer during the event.
The beer release also falls during the 81st Annual Winter Park Bach Festival, which runs from Feb. 12-28, 2016.
For more information visit: CaskandLarder.com.
To view the complete 2015 Bach Festival Society of Winter Park event schedule visit: BachFestivalFlorida.org.
[photo courtesy Cask & Larder]
- Out and About: Selena Comes to Madame Tussauds Orlando - February 18, 2018
- Walt Disney World Announces Toy Story Land to Open June 30, 2018 - February 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 16, 2018: The Glass Knife, MidiCi, Pammie’s Sammies, and More - February 16, 2018
- Universal Orlando Adds Jason Derulo and Jessie J to 2018 Mardi Gras Headliners - February 15, 2018
- MidiCi Kissimmee Hosts #IHeartMidiCi Charity Pizza Drive During Feb 2018 - February 14, 2018
- 140th Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 16-18 #silverspursrodeo - February 12, 2018
- Breaking: Walt Disney World Raises Ticket, Pass, and Parking Prices Effective Feb 11, 2018 - February 11, 2018
- Monster Energy Supercross comes to Tampa Feb. 24 + Discount Ticket Code - February 11, 2018
- Cirque du Soleil Brings New Show VOLTA to Tampa Feb 14-Mar 18, 2018 - February 10, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 9, 2018: Pizza Ponte, Lucky’s Market, Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, and More - February 9, 2018