For the second consecutive year, Cask & Larder and the Bach Festival Society of Winter Park will collaborate on a limited edition beer release to commemorate famed 18th century German composer Johann Sebastian Bach, a noted beer lover.
The 2016 Branderburger Bock, brewed by Cask & Larder head brewer Larry Foor, will be produced in a style that mimics the methods of brewing in Germany during the 18th century, when Bach enjoyed his brews.
The collaboration between Cask & Larder and The Bach Festival Society came to be after the Bach Festival Society’s Betsy Gwinn and Alex Tiedtke discovered a 300-year old letter Johann Sebastian Bach wrote to a friend proclaiming his love for a barrel of beer he had received as a gift. Gwinn and Tiedtke approached Cask & Larder’s Foor about brewing a beer in a style similar to the one Bach wrote about, to celebrate the Bach Festival Society of Winter Park’s 80th anniversary.
The release of the 2016 brew will be on Feb. 13, from 11am to 4pm, at Cask & Larder, and the party will also feature a special German food menu to pair with the beer. The limited edition beer will be available on tap until it runs out, and also will be sold in 32-ounce to-go crowlers for $7 per can at both Cask & Larder and neighboring Swine & Sons. Cask & Larder will donate $1 from each Brandenburger Bock sold to the Bach Festival Society of Winter Park.
Foor has also invited several other local breweries, including Redlight Redlight, ten10, Central 28, Crooked Can and Red Cypress to pay homage to Bach. Each brewery will showcase its own German-style beer during the event.
The beer release also falls during the 81st Annual Winter Park Bach Festival, which runs from Feb. 12-28, 2016.
For more information visit: CaskandLarder.com.
To view the complete 2015 Bach Festival Society of Winter Park event schedule visit: BachFestivalFlorida.org.
[photo courtesy Cask & Larder]
- Walt Disney World To Cut Theme Park Hours Starting in September .. #WaltDisneyWorld - August 11, 2020
- Enchanted Fairy Doors Returns to Harry P. Leu Gardens … #LeuGardens #FairyDoors - August 10, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For August 7, 2020: Pig Floyd’s, Framework Craft Coffee Bar, The New Standard, Paddlefish, Eola General, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - August 7, 2020
- The 2020 Florida Film Festival Goes Virtual August 8-20 .. #FFF2020 - August 6, 2020
- Country Thunder Florida Cancels 2020 Festival and Announces 2021 Dates .. #CountryThunder #musicfestivals #Kissimmee - August 5, 2020
- Walt Disney World Replaces Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios .. #WaltDisneyWorld #BeautyandtheBeast - August 4, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort Reopens With Deal for Florida Resident and WDW Passholders .. #SwanandDolphin #FloridaResidentDeals - August 4, 2020
- Universal Orlando Offers Special ‘Buy a Day’ Deal to Florida Residents for Limited Time .. #UniversalOrlando #FloridaResidentDeals - August 3, 2020
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns August 2020 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool - July 31, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 30, 2020: Sister Honey’s, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Finca, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - July 30, 2020