Inspired by Spanish gastrobars, Florida-based Bulla Gastrobar is known for a tapas-style menu that inspires sharing and casual after work get-togethers. But CitySurfing Orlando was recently invited to check out its lunch menu at the brand’s Winter Park location, and we were happy to oblige.
Bulla Gastrobar offers prix fixe 2 or 3 course lunch menus, but we decided to choose from the a la carte menu so we could try a variety of dishes between us.
In honor of #DryJanuary, my guest and I opted to do the flavored lemonades. I chose the Blackberry lemonade, and it was so fresh squeezed it left a lemon tang in my mouth with each sip. I also enjoyed the muddled blackberries. My guest also enjoyed her Strawberry lemonade.
For appetizers, we chose one vegetarian dish, the Potato Tortilla, a traditional Spanish omelet featuring layers of potato and caramelized onions, plated with garlic aioli. Ask for extra aioli – it really amps up the dish.
Our other choice was the Montaditos, featuring savory brisket, guindilla peppers, tomato marmalade, and tetilla cheese on medallions of fresh bread. It was so good we both wished they offered it as a sandwich, instead of tapas-sized portions. The balance of savory, sweet, and mild heat was just right. Seriously Bulla…consider making this a sandwich!
Speaking of sandwiches, that’s what we both chose for our lunch entree.
I chose the Futbol Club, a Spanish take on a Cuban sandwich, featuring breaded chicken and marinated chicken slices, with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mustard aioli on a loaf of pan de cristal (similar to ciabatta bread). I wish the bacon would’ve been cooked crisp, but otherwise it was a delicious and filling sandwich.
I opted for a side of patatas bravas, which translates to “angry potatoes” due to the spicy sauce the potatoes are served with. I enjoyed them, and found the sauce also worked with the sandwich.
My guest opted for the Steak sandwich, featuring tender slices of steak, sautéed onions, piquillo confit, mustard aioli, and Mahón cheese on a loaf of pan de cristal. She opted for truffled fries on the side. She said it was very tasty.
We decided to split a large order of fresh made churros to end our lunch. The fried dessert arrived lightly dusted with sugar and served with two dipping sauces: chocolate and a rich creamy dulce de leche, which both of us loved.
Service was great (not just for us, but all the tables around us, I noticed), and even though we had the option of a leisurely lunch, we were in and out in a little over an hour.
This was our first visit to Bulla Gastrobar, and we look forward to returning to eat our way through more of the menu.
Disclaimer: CSO was hosted for a media dine. As always, our opinions are honest, and our own.
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For August 7, 2020: Pig Floyd’s, Framework Craft Coffee Bar, The New Standard, Paddlefish, Eola General, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - August 7, 2020
- The 2020 Florida Film Festival Goes Virtual August 8-20 .. #FFF2020 - August 6, 2020
- Country Thunder Florida Cancels 2020 Festival and Announces 2021 Dates .. #CountryThunder #musicfestivals #Kissimmee - August 5, 2020
- Walt Disney World Replaces Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios .. #WaltDisneyWorld #BeautyandtheBeast - August 4, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort Reopens With Deal for Florida Resident and WDW Passholders .. #SwanandDolphin #FloridaResidentDeals - August 4, 2020
- Universal Orlando Offers Special ‘Buy a Day’ Deal to Florida Residents for Limited Time .. #UniversalOrlando #FloridaResidentDeals - August 3, 2020
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns August 2020 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool - July 31, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 30, 2020: Sister Honey’s, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Finca, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - July 30, 2020
- Walt Disney World Announces Attraction Closures and Project Postponements .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ThemeParkNews - July 29, 2020
- Osceola Arts presents ‘Once on the Island’ Online July 31-August 9, 2021 .. @Osceola_Arts #OnceontheIsland #oaOOTI - July 28, 2020