Inspired by Spanish gastrobars, Florida-based Bulla Gastrobar is known for a tapas-style menu that inspires sharing and casual after work get-togethers. But CitySurfing Orlando was recently invited to check out its lunch menu at the brand’s Winter Park location, and we were happy to oblige.
Bulla Gastrobar offers prix fixe 2 or 3 course lunch menus, but we decided to choose from the a la carte menu so we could try a variety of dishes between us.
In honor of #DryJanuary, my guest and I opted to do the flavored lemonades. I chose the Blackberry lemonade, and it was so fresh squeezed it left a lemon tang in my mouth with each sip. I also enjoyed the muddled blackberries. My guest also enjoyed her Strawberry lemonade.
For appetizers, we chose one vegetarian dish, the Potato Tortilla, a traditional Spanish omelet featuring layers of potato and caramelized onions, plated with garlic aioli. Ask for extra aioli – it really amps up the dish.
Our other choice was the Montaditos, featuring savory brisket, guindilla peppers, tomato marmalade, and tetilla cheese on medallions of fresh bread. It was so good we both wished they offered it as a sandwich, instead of tapas-sized portions. The balance of savory, sweet, and mild heat was just right. Seriously Bulla…consider making this a sandwich!
Speaking of sandwiches, that’s what we both chose for our lunch entree.
I chose the Futbol Club, a Spanish take on a Cuban sandwich, featuring breaded chicken and marinated chicken slices, with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mustard aioli on a loaf of pan de cristal (similar to ciabatta bread). I wish the bacon would’ve been cooked crisp, but otherwise it was a delicious and filling sandwich.
I opted for a side of patatas bravas, which translates to “angry potatoes” due to the spicy sauce the potatoes are served with. I enjoyed them, and found the sauce also worked with the sandwich.
My guest opted for the Steak sandwich, featuring tender slices of steak, sautéed onions, piquillo confit, mustard aioli, and Mahón cheese on a loaf of pan de cristal. She opted for truffled fries on the side. She said it was very tasty.
We decided to split a large order of fresh made churros to end our lunch. The fried dessert arrived lightly dusted with sugar and served with two dipping sauces: chocolate and a rich creamy dulce de leche, which both of us loved.
Service was great (not just for us, but all the tables around us, I noticed), and even though we had the option of a leisurely lunch, we were in and out in a little over an hour.
This was our first visit to Bulla Gastrobar, and we look forward to returning to eat our way through more of the menu.
Disclaimer: CSO was hosted for a media dine. As always, our opinions are honest, and our own.
- Southern Fried Sunday to Host Free Online #StayHome Music Fest March 29 With Optional Food Supplied by Winter Park’s #NewStandard .. #SFS - March 28, 2020
- Where to Find Restaurants Offering Take-Out and Delivery in the Orlando Area .. #SupportLocalRestaurants #GoodToGoOrlando #OrlandoToGo #VisitOrlando - March 28, 2020
- Crayola Experience Orlando Launches Search for “Kid CEO for the Day” .. @VisitCrayolaORL @VisitCrayola - March 27, 2020
- MEGACON™ Orlando Has Been Postponed to June 4-7, 2020 .. @MegaConOrlando #MegaConOrlando - March 24, 2020
- FAIRWINDS Broadway In Orlando Shows ‘Miss Saigon’ and ‘A Bronx Tale’ at Dr. Phillips Center Have Been Cancelled .. @DrPhillipsCtr @MissSaigonUS @ABronxTaleTour #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - March 23, 2020
- ‘Drawn to Life’ by Cirque du Soleil Postpones March Previews at Disney Springs .. @Cirque @WaltDisneyWorld #DrawnToLife - March 18, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s List of Orlando and Central Florida Closures, Postponements, and Cancellations Due to Coronavirus (Continuously Updated) || #LastUpdated March 29 @ 1am || - March 14, 2020
- Out and About: Trying the Limited Time “Bone In, Bold Flavors” Menu at LongHorn Steakhouse .. @LongHornSteaks #BoneInBoldFlavor - March 13, 2020
- What Coronavirus Means for Orlando’s Economy and How You Can Help .. #Coronavirus #VisitOrlando #LiveLocal - March 12, 2020
- Out and About: Lunch at Huey Magoo’s in Dr. Phillips .. @HueyMagoos #OrlandoEats #DiningReview - March 12, 2020