This winter, guests at Gaylord Palms will feel the magic of Christmas come alive around them as the classic Christmas film, “The Polar Express,” is featured inside ICE!, the resort’s signature holiday experience.
Christmas at Gaylord Palms, presented by Pepsi, welcomes guests to enjoy the joy and excitement of the holiday season with a variety of experiences and shows. It runs from November 25, 2019 to January 5, 2020.
ICE! at Gaylord Palms
“The Polar Express” arrives at Gaylord Palms as an all-new theme for ICE!, presented by DEI. As guests enter the attraction, they will embark on a magical adventure to the North Pole, while learning about friendship, bravery and the true spirit of Christmas.
A truly heart-warming tale, “The Polar Express” will come alive for guests in a world made from more than two million pounds of ice, hand-carved into sculptures and interactive features to recreate iconic scenes from the film.
The ICE! attraction is crafted by artisans from Harbin, China, home of the world’s largest ice and snow sculpture festival, who travel more than 6,000 miles to hand-carve more than two million pounds of colorful ice, creating larger-than-life sculptures.
This year, as guests explore the nine-degree attraction, they will discover more than ten favorite scenes from “The Polar Express,” along with the event’s two-story ice slides and the popular Frostbite Factory live ice carving showcase. The ICE! experience concludes with a separate area dedicated to a traditional Nativity created with crystal clear ice.
NEW THIS YEAR
Families can experience a day in the life of one of Santa’s toy makers inside the new Elf Training Academy at Alpine Village. Guests can become honorary gift maker elves as they create the perfect Christmas present for someone special, all under the guidance of the elf supervisor.
Gaylord Palms’ St. Augustine atrium will also be home to an all-new, dazzling light show for the 2019 season. The multisensory experience will feature a new musical score accompanied with millions of dancing, choreographed lights all around the resort’s six-story Christmas tree during nightly shows.
Cirque Dreams Unwrapped, a 25-minute action-packed experience featuring soaring acrobatics, theatricality and imagination returns with new acts and performers to bring to life a magical and timeless Christmas wonderland, all imagined by Broadway director and renowned Cirque Dreams founder Neil Goldberg. This is one of my favorite events during Christmas at Gaylord Palms!
Guests exploring the meandering paths inside the resort’s Everglades atrium will find the Christmas Tree Trail, a display of nine magnificent trees provided by Balsam HillTM. Sparkle the Elf, Santa’s chief Christmas Tree Decorator, has personally prepared these for grand display at Gaylord Palms.
Another favorite event of mine is Snow Tubing, where guests zoom down an eight-lane tubing hill covered in real snow. This all-ages attraction offers both single and double tubes to accommodate children and parents. It’s so much fun!
Festive Alpine Village will again be the central hub for holiday happenings. In addition to ICE!, the village is home to various attractions and shows, Photos with Santa, seasonal food and beverage options plus holiday retail locations, including a Build-A-Bear Workshop®, where guests can choose from all kinds of furry friends to make and bring home, including a Gaylord Hotels-exclusive bear.
Also returning this year are:
- The Secret Santa Scavenger Hunt
- The Naughty or Nice Escape Room
- The Reindeer Express Post Office
- Gingerbread Decorating Corner
- The Alpine Village Sweet Shop
- Sugary Sweet Storytime
- Mrs. Claus’ Christmas Traditions
- Santa’s Snow Throw
- Sounds of the Season Concert Series (See last year’s line-up)
- Three Kings Festival (See last year’s preview)
Plus Cinnamon and Nutmeg, the gingerbread duo, will also be available for toasty hugs and holiday photos.
The best way to experience all of Christmas at Gaylord Palms is with an overnight stay. One-night packages start at $224 plus tax, resort fee and parking, and it’s easy to add additional nights.
Packages include ICE! tickets for two (with option to add additional adults or children) plus a souvenir family photo. Overnight guests may also schedule a visit to ICE! during the daily hotel guest-exclusive Extra Cool Hour from 9am to 10am.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO BOOK
For additional information and to book packages or tickets, visit ChristmasAtGaylordPalms.com.
Gaylord Palms is also running a special deal on ICE! tickets through July 31 for any day of the season for only $20 for adults, $10 for kids (+ fees/tax). Get them at bit.ly/GP_CIJ19.
We’ll also have more information closer to start date. You can also check out our recap of last year’s Christmas at Gaylord Palms.
- WRESTLEMANIA® Week 2020 Events at Amalie Arena in Tampa Go Onsale Today .. @WWE @AmalieArena #Wrestlemania - December 13, 2019
- Def Leppard, Mötley Crüe, Poison and Joan Jett & The Black Hearts Bring Summer 2020 Tour to Camping World Stadium in Orlando .. @CWStadium @DefLeppard @MotleyCrue @Poison @JoanJett - December 12, 2019
- 2019 Hearthstone Collegiate Championship Fall Finals To Be Held At The Fortress At Full Sail University Dec 14 .. @FullSail @Blizzard_Ent - December 11, 2019
- Orlando Shakes presents ‘Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley’ Through Dec 29 .. @OrlandoShakes - December 11, 2019
- Tony Roma’s Hosts ‘Toys for Tots Toy Drive & Mixer’ Dec 13 .. @TonyRomas #ToysForTots - December 10, 2019
- Epcot International Festival of the Holidays 2019 Food and Drink Guide .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot #Disney #Foodies - December 10, 2019
- Amazon Prime Video To Promote ‘The Aeronauts’ With Free Victorian Fair in Orlando Dec 13 .. @TheAeronautsMov @PrimeVideo - December 9, 2019
- Celebrate the ‘Songs of the Season’ at Dr. Phillips Center for Free on Dec. 12 .. @DrPhillipsCtr - December 8, 2019
- Orlando Story Club Presents “Best Of 2019” at The Abbey on Dec 11 .. @OrlandoStoryClub - December 6, 2019
- #Free 2019 Central Florida #Holiday Events for You and Your Family to Enjoy - December 5, 2019