OrlandoiX, an international digital festival to be held in Orlando from October 2-6, 2015, announced today it is searching for the best geek band.
These bands are wanted to compete in The Battle of the Geek Bands on Saturday, October 3, with the winner getting to headline a performance the next night, Sunday, October 4. .
Under OrlandoiX criteria, a geek band means 50 percent of its members work at a technology company, in a tech-related role or are students enrolled in technology-related fields of study
During the Battle, the OrlandoiX crowd will vote for the winner via the OiX mobile app as competing bands face-off on stage.
If you/your band meets the above tech requirement, applications are being accepted now until Friday, August 28. Submissions must include examples of a performance on CD or via YouTube, Vimeo or SoundCloud; stage set-up; set list with lyrics (one song must be a cover); and a photo of the band. Bands can be no larger than seven members. Music genre must be rock or alternative. Foul language is not permitted nor are inappropriate actions and attire.
Five bands will be chosen to compete. Each band will be allowed a maximum of 15 minutes for their performance. Bands can apply at orlandoix.com/partner/battle-of-geek-bands.
Not musically inclined but want to flex your opinion? The Battle of the Geek Bands is included with admission to OrlandoiX.
Pass prices are $35 (Gaming Experience), $159 (Startup Summit), $199 (Digital Expo+Speakers) and $389 (All-Access Pass).
For more information, or to purchase passes, visit orlandoix.com.
- Beth McKee and Her Swamp Sistas Launch The La La Summer Hope Virtual Food Drive for 2018 #lalasummer - April 24, 2018
- Thomas D. Jones, PhD and Captain Scott D. Altman Inducted into U. S. Astronaut Hall of Fame® at Kennedy Space Center @ExploreSpaceKSC - April 23, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup April 22, 2018: Krispy Kreme, Susuru, Little Blue Donut Co, and More - April 22, 2018
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Disney’s Animal Kingdom Anniversary Celebration April 22 - April 21, 2018
- Something New is Coming to Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 22 - April 21, 2018
- Mamas of The NICU to Host Brunch for NICU Moms at Ace Cafe Orlando May 6, 2018 - April 20, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Extends Seven Seas Food Festival Through April 29 - April 20, 2018
- Sunset Music Festival Returns to Tampa May 26-27, 2018 For 7th Year With Huge EDM Line-Up #SMF2018 - April 19, 2018
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Hosts Tiffins Talks Dining Events to Celebrate 20th Anniversary - April 18, 2018
- Give Kids The World Founder Henri Landwirth Passes Away #GKTW - April 18, 2018