OrlandoiX, an international digital festival to be held in Orlando from October 2-6, 2015, announced today it is searching for the best geek band.
These bands are wanted to compete in The Battle of the Geek Bands on Saturday, October 3, with the winner getting to headline a performance the next night, Sunday, October 4. .
Under OrlandoiX criteria, a geek band means 50 percent of its members work at a technology company, in a tech-related role or are students enrolled in technology-related fields of study
During the Battle, the OrlandoiX crowd will vote for the winner via the OiX mobile app as competing bands face-off on stage.
If you/your band meets the above tech requirement, applications are being accepted now until Friday, August 28. Submissions must include examples of a performance on CD or via YouTube, Vimeo or SoundCloud; stage set-up; set list with lyrics (one song must be a cover); and a photo of the band. Bands can be no larger than seven members. Music genre must be rock or alternative. Foul language is not permitted nor are inappropriate actions and attire.
Five bands will be chosen to compete. Each band will be allowed a maximum of 15 minutes for their performance. Bands can apply at orlandoix.com/partner/battle-of-geek-bands.
Not musically inclined but want to flex your opinion? The Battle of the Geek Bands is included with admission to OrlandoiX.
Pass prices are $35 (Gaming Experience), $159 (Startup Summit), $199 (Digital Expo+Speakers) and $389 (All-Access Pass).
For more information, or to purchase passes, visit orlandoix.com.
- The Masked Singer National Tour Comes to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center This Summer .. #TheMaskedSinger @DrPhillipsCtr - February 17, 2020
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Valentine’s Day 2020 in Orlando and Central Florida .. #ValentinesDay - February 9, 2020
- Orlando Wetlands Festival Returns To Fort Christmas Historical Park Feb 15, 2020 .. @CityBeautiful #VisitOrlando - February 8, 2020