OrlandoiX, an international digital festival to be held in Orlando from October 2-6, 2015, announced today it is searching for the best geek band.
These bands are wanted to compete in The Battle of the Geek Bands on Saturday, October 3, with the winner getting to headline a performance the next night, Sunday, October 4. .
Under OrlandoiX criteria, a geek band means 50 percent of its members work at a technology company, in a tech-related role or are students enrolled in technology-related fields of study
During the Battle, the OrlandoiX crowd will vote for the winner via the OiX mobile app as competing bands face-off on stage.
If you/your band meets the above tech requirement, applications are being accepted now until Friday, August 28. Submissions must include examples of a performance on CD or via YouTube, Vimeo or SoundCloud; stage set-up; set list with lyrics (one song must be a cover); and a photo of the band. Bands can be no larger than seven members. Music genre must be rock or alternative. Foul language is not permitted nor are inappropriate actions and attire.
Five bands will be chosen to compete. Each band will be allowed a maximum of 15 minutes for their performance. Bands can apply at orlandoix.com/partner/battle-of-geek-bands.
Not musically inclined but want to flex your opinion? The Battle of the Geek Bands is included with admission to OrlandoiX.
Pass prices are $35 (Gaming Experience), $159 (Startup Summit), $199 (Digital Expo+Speakers) and $389 (All-Access Pass).
For more information, or to purchase passes, visit orlandoix.com.
- Orlando Shakes Hosts 30th Anniversary Season Gala Sept 16, 2018 @OrlandoShakes - July 16, 2018
- Frightened Rabbit Tribute Show at Will’s Pub July 19 to Benefit TWLOHA - July 15, 2018
- Universal Orlando Announces Chucky and Killer Klowns Scare Zones for Halloween Horror Nights 28 #HHN28 - July 13, 2018
- Ellipsis Brewing Marks Six-Month Anniversary with 5 Special Release Brews - July 12, 2018
- Walt Disney World Introduces its Newest Annual Pass and a Summer Pass Add-on - July 11, 2018
- First Narrators Announced for 2018 Candlelight Processional at Epcot - July 11, 2018
- Orlando Story Club Presents ‘What A Mess!’ at The Abbey July 18, 2018 - July 10, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Offers Free Day of Dining with Annual Pass Purchase - July 9, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup July 7, 2018: 33 & Melt, 4 Rivers Smokehouse, Paddlefish, and More - July 7, 2018
- Spooky Empire to Mark 25th Anniversary of Hocus Pocus with Guest Kathy Najimy - July 6, 2018