OrlandoiX, an international digital festival to be held in Orlando from October 2-6, 2015, announced today it is searching for the best geek band.
These bands are wanted to compete in The Battle of the Geek Bands on Saturday, October 3, with the winner getting to headline a performance the next night, Sunday, October 4. .
Under OrlandoiX criteria, a geek band means 50 percent of its members work at a technology company, in a tech-related role or are students enrolled in technology-related fields of study
During the Battle, the OrlandoiX crowd will vote for the winner via the OiX mobile app as competing bands face-off on stage.
If you/your band meets the above tech requirement, applications are being accepted now until Friday, August 28. Submissions must include examples of a performance on CD or via YouTube, Vimeo or SoundCloud; stage set-up; set list with lyrics (one song must be a cover); and a photo of the band. Bands can be no larger than seven members. Music genre must be rock or alternative. Foul language is not permitted nor are inappropriate actions and attire.
Five bands will be chosen to compete. Each band will be allowed a maximum of 15 minutes for their performance. Bands can apply at orlandoix.com/partner/battle-of-geek-bands.
Not musically inclined but want to flex your opinion? The Battle of the Geek Bands is included with admission to OrlandoiX.
Pass prices are $35 (Gaming Experience), $159 (Startup Summit), $199 (Digital Expo+Speakers) and $389 (All-Access Pass).
For more information, or to purchase passes, visit orlandoix.com.
- 2018 Atlanta Braves Spring Training Comes to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex - February 24, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 23, 2018: Pig Floyd’s, Pizza Bruno, Be Our Guest, and More - February 23, 2018
- February 22 is National Margarita Day – Where to Celebrate in the Orlando Area - February 22, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Announces Concert Line-Up For 2018 Food & Wine Fest Starting March 3 - February 21, 2018
- 10th Annual Downtown Food & Wine Fest Returns to Lake Eola Park in Orlando Feb 24-25, 2018 - February 20, 2018
- Sonny’s BBQ Smokin’ Showdown Comes to Orlando March 3 + Win Tickets! #sonnysbbq - February 19, 2018
- Out and About: Selena Comes to Madame Tussauds Orlando - February 18, 2018
- Walt Disney World Announces Toy Story Land to Open June 30, 2018 - February 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 16, 2018: The Glass Knife, MidiCi, Pammie’s Sammies, and More - February 16, 2018
- Universal Orlando Adds Jason Derulo and Jessie J to 2018 Mardi Gras Headliners - February 15, 2018