Seasons 52 menus change with the seasons, to better reflect foods that are in season. On a recent afternoon, Carol, our family writer, and I tried out their spring lunch menu at the Dr. Phillips location.
We arrived shortly after they opened at 11:30am, so we were immediately seated for our reservation. After perusing the menu, we decided to order a few items and share. While we waited for our food, we took in the decor. Dark wood and plenty of skylights gave the room a upscale feel that wasn’t stuffy. The living trees and plants gave the main room an outdoorsy feel, as well. Classy but understated.
We started with the Piedmontese Beef & Black Bean Chili ($6.25/cup; $6.95/bowl), topped with a swirl of cilantro sour cream. This was a big hit with both of us. It had nice tender pieces of beef and was very hearty. It was also served with a fresh multi-grain breadstick, perfect for sopping up the last remnants of the chili in the bowl.
The Grilled Garlic Pesto Chicken flatbread ($9.50) was larger than we expected – definitely enough to share, even if we hadn’t just eaten the chili. In addition to the chicken and pesto, the flatbread was covered in mozzarella, balsamic onions, roasted red peppers, and a smattering of arugula. It was delicious and had a good flavor balance of spicy and sweet. It also paired nicely with the Warre Otima 10 year Tawny Port from Portugal we tried.
The most unusual item we tried was a side of Tamale Tots ($2.75). It featured tamale masa dough, cut into small squares and pan-fried, so the outside was crisp but the inside was still soft. It was served with a hearty mole and chili sour cream for dipping. It was a nice departure from potato-based tots, and we found out the tots also made good croutons for the chili. Ok, so it accidentally fell into the bowl, but it was still tasty.
Not only was everything we tried so fresh and full of flavor, without anything being overpowering, but all menu items at Seasons 52 are 475 calories or less. Even the Mini Indulgences desserts (read our review of these delights)!
We both agreed we will definitely be back to try more items off the menu. In fact, next time we may even try something off of one of their specialty menus – there are five in all: vegan; vegetarian; lactose/dairy-free; low sodium; and gluten-free. And since all items are made-to-order, all requests can be accommodated (allergies, etc).
Seasons 52 has two Orlando area locations in Dr. Phillips and Altamonte Springs. For directions, hours, and full menus, visit Seasons52.com.
Thanks to Seasons 52 for inviting us to try their spring menu offerings, and kudos to the staff, especially Mark, Chef Josue, and our server Tony, for putting up with all of our questions about the menu.
As always, all opinions are honest and solely reflect those of CitySurfing Orlando’s writers.
- The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art Offering Free Admission Sept 17-22, 2019 .. @MorseMuseum - September 16, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces Details of New Coaster for 2020 .. @SeaWorld #SeaWorldOrlando #IceBreaker - September 15, 2019
- Central Florida Auto Show Returns to Orlando Sept 20-22 + Win Tickets! .. @OrlandoAutoShow - September 14, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando and Firehouse Subs Partner Together to Honor Florida First Responders with Free Admission .. #SeaWorldOrlando - September 10, 2019
- Central Florida Foodies Events For September 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies - September 9, 2019
- Walt Disney World to Close Early on Sept 3 Due to Hurricane Dorian ::UPDATED:: .. @WaltDisneyWorld @VisitOrlando #HurricaneDorian - September 2, 2019
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Dedication Ceremony of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Aug 28 .. #StarWars #StarWarsGalaxysEdge - August 27, 2019
- All-New Lagoon Show to Debut at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2019 .. #HHN29 @UniversalOrl @HorrorNightsORL - August 22, 2019
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019