Food trucks are the new gourmet eateries of this decade. They’ve far eclipsed the old stereotype of a run-down vehicle with a haphazard kitchen set-up serving up cold sandwiches and greasy fries.
In cities around America, people are flocking to check out the new food trucks. Many are run by top-notch cooks and chefs who have bypassed renting a building to serve their culinary creations in, and are out on the streets, serving up well-created small menus to hungry patrons who seek them out in parking lots or wherever they find a place to put the truck in park long enough to cook.
Well, there happens to be quite a young food truck scene happening right here in Orlando.
To help introduce the hungry denizens of this city to these restaurants on wheels, fellow Orlando blog The Daily City has organized a Food Truck Bazaar for Tuesday, March 29.
Rather than seek out each truck’s location, all participating food trucks will be in one spot for a few hours.
Who’s participating? Take a gander at this list (current as of this posting):
- Big Wheel Provisions Truck
- Korean BBQ Taco Box
- Red Eye BBQ
- Shipyard Brewery
- The Taco Lady
- Vegan Hot Dog Cart
- The Yum Yum Cupcake Truck
Stop drooling on your computer, folks.
So show up at Discovery Church at 4400 S. Orange Ave in Orlando, from 7pm to 10pm and come armed with:
- Cash – The trucks don’t take credit or debit cards.
- Seating – It’s bring your own, so grab a lawnchair, stool or be prepared to sit on your car to eat.
- An empty tummy – there’s going to be a lot of food you’ll want to try
I think it’ll be a fun event and I’m looking forward to checking it out.
- Tijuana Flats to Host “Day of Outrageousness” on October 21, 2017 - October 20, 2017
- Out and About: On Your Feet! a Dazzling Musical Telling of Gloria and Emilio Estafan’s Rise to Fame - October 19, 2017
- WDW Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Celebrates 8th Year Oct 27-28, 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Horror Con Returns to Orlando October 27-29, 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Launches Spooky Nights and Spider Frights for Halloween Fun - October 16, 2017
- 6th Annual Orlando Sentinel Pink Bash Set For Oct 20 in Winter Park - October 15, 2017
- Go DIY at Maker Faire Orlando Oct 21-22, 2017 - October 13, 2017
- On Your Feet! The Emilio and Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical Comes to Dr Phillips Center Oct 17-22, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Salty Sweet Women’s Pro/Am Surf Event Returns to Cocoa Beach Pier Oct 14-15 - October 11, 2017
- Sonny’s BBQ Hosts Pulled Pork Palooza Oct 12 for #NationalPulledPorkDay - October 10, 2017