Food trucks are the new gourmet eateries of this decade. They’ve far eclipsed the old stereotype of a run-down vehicle with a haphazard kitchen set-up serving up cold sandwiches and greasy fries.
In cities around America, people are flocking to check out the new food trucks. Many are run by top-notch cooks and chefs who have bypassed renting a building to serve their culinary creations in, and are out on the streets, serving up well-created small menus to hungry patrons who seek them out in parking lots or wherever they find a place to put the truck in park long enough to cook.
Well, there happens to be quite a young food truck scene happening right here in Orlando.
To help introduce the hungry denizens of this city to these restaurants on wheels, fellow Orlando blog The Daily City has organized a Food Truck Bazaar for Tuesday, March 29.
Rather than seek out each truck’s location, all participating food trucks will be in one spot for a few hours.
Who’s participating? Take a gander at this list (current as of this posting):
- Big Wheel Provisions Truck
- Korean BBQ Taco Box
- Red Eye BBQ
- Shipyard Brewery
- The Taco Lady
- Vegan Hot Dog Cart
- The Yum Yum Cupcake Truck
Stop drooling on your computer, folks.
So show up at Discovery Church at 4400 S. Orange Ave in Orlando, from 7pm to 10pm and come armed with:
- Cash – The trucks don’t take credit or debit cards.
- Seating – It’s bring your own, so grab a lawnchair, stool or be prepared to sit on your car to eat.
- An empty tummy – there’s going to be a lot of food you’ll want to try
I think it’ll be a fun event and I’m looking forward to checking it out.
- Watch the Live Stream of Rivers of Light from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Aug 22 - August 20, 2017
- Where to Watch the 2017 Solar Eclipse in Central Florida - August 19, 2017
- Win Tickets to the 8th Annual Orlando Fall Home & Garden Show Aug 2017! - August 18, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017
- American Idol Auditions Coming to Orlando August 17, 2017 - August 5, 2017