Florida’s largest Maker event, Maker Faire Orlando, returns to the Central Florida Fairgrounds the weekend of November 4-5, 2023, for its 11th Anniversary event.
The two-day event is expected to draw over 15,000 attendees and includes over 200 exhibits, Power Racing, Combat Robots, Nerdy Derby, and much more on display throughout three air-conditioned exhibit halls, as well as green spaces filled with hands-on activities, workshops and competitions.
Individuals behind the exhibits are known as ‘Makers’ and range from tech enthusiasts to crafters and scientists to garage tinkerers of all ages and backgrounds.
Make t-shirts and buttons, learn to solder, watch robot battles and drone racing, and so much more throughout this weekend. Maker Faire is a family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity, and resourcefulness
New for 2023 is the Maker Faire stage presented by Universal Creative. Meet world-class Maker Jen Schachter (IG: @schac_attack), the mastermind behind large-scale public art projects and collaborative builds.
Schachter cut her teeth in the Maker realm building furniture and teaching workshops at maker spaces in Baltimore, writing tool instruction manuals, and testing digital fabrication machines for Make: Magazine.
Other invited guests include film historian and model maker Michael Corrie (IG: @propstohistory), award-winning cosplay creator Allison Chase (IG: @allison.chase.cosplay), Magic Wheelchair Executive Director Christine Getman (IG: @magicwheelchair), and Caleb Kraft (IG: @caleb_kraft) contributing editor for Make: Magazine.
“Maker Faire Orlando is a gathering of fascinating, curious people who enjoy learning and who love sharing what they can do. From engineers to artists to scientists to crafters, Maker Faire is a venue for these ‘makers’ to show their hobbies, experiments, or projects for others to glimpse the future and get inspired,” said founder Ian Cole.
Advance tickets start at $15 for youth and students and $20 for adults. Children under age three are FREE.
Add a second day to your one-day ticket for $10. Tickets will also be available at the gate.
Parking is free, and there will be a variety of food and beverages available for purchase each day.
First responders, active military, and Veterans receive free admission to Maker Faire Orlando with identification
Employees of schools, colleges, universities, homeschool educators, and libraries also receive free admission to Maker Faire Orlando with identification.
For more information and tickets visit makerfaireorlando.com.
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts Announces Opening Date for New Venue Called Judson’s Live - December 1, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando Reveals Initial Line-Up of Guests for 2024 Event - November 30, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To 2023 Holiday Events In Central Florida - November 29, 2023
- Places To Donate On #GivingTuesday 2023 In Central Florida - November 28, 2023
- Out and About: Jeff’s Bagel Run Introduces Holiday Flavors for the Season - November 22, 2023
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens Nov. 24, 2023-Jan. 06, 2024 - November 13, 2023
- The Holidays at Universal Orlando Return Nov. 17 Throughout the Resort - November 11, 2023
- HOLIDAYS at LEGOLAND Florida Return Nov. 24-Dec. 31, 2023 - November 10, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando’s 2023 Christmas Celebration Kicks Off Nov. 10 - November 9, 2023
- Get Free Tickets to ‘Thanksgiving’ Advance Movie Screening In Orlando - November 8, 2023