Disney and Cirque du Soleil will be opening their newest collaboration, “Drawn to Life,” at Disney Springs on November 18, and they’ve given us a peek at two previously unannounced acts.
Here are the amazing acrobatic acts:
In the “Garden of Lines” unicycle act, Julie is swept into a wonderland of familiar shadows, shapes and outlines in an homage to cherished tales that inspire an animator. Julie’s whimsical mood fixates on a mischievous marionette from a time-honored Italian fairytale.
Five playful unicyclists representing the Blue Fairy of the classic Disney Animation film “Pinocchio” appear to effortlessly float across the stage, performing synchronized stunts and individual tricks with pinpoint precision.
Meanwhile, “The Old Mill” double wheel act is inspired by Walt Disney’s groundbreaking 1937 animated short of the same name, which is seen in projections throughout this segment of the show.
In a display of tenacity, perseverance and rise-and-fall motion, owls dreamed up by Julie’s imagination weather a storm using teamwork and courage to carry them through the powerful wind and rain that threaten their windmill home.
The windmill of the film is represented in a spectacular, churning, fast-moving double wheel structure. Gravity-defying acrobats are in constant motion with the turning wheels—at times airborne—with astonishing balance and agility.
“Drawn to Life” is written and directed by Michel Laprise with Fabrice Becker as Director of Creation. It is a live acrobatic journey telling the story of Julie, a determined girl who discovers an unexpected gift left by her Disney Animator father: an unfinished animation.
As she dives into the inner world of animation guided by a surprising pencil, Julie embarks on an inspiring quest filled with her childhood Disney memories.
“Drawn to Life” performances will be held inside the signature white tent at Disney Springs West Side. The Cirque du Soleil Store has just reopened for guests.
For more information on show tickets, dates and pricing, visit cirquedusoleil.com/drawntolife.
- Huey Magoo’s to Grand Open in Downtown Orlando August 17, 2022 .. #HueyMagoos #OrlandoFoodies #DowntownOrlando - August 16, 2022
- SeaWorld Orlando Issues Challenge for National Roller Coaster Day Aug. 16 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #RollerCoasters #NationalRollerCoasterDay - August 15, 2022
- Universal Orlando To Host Passholder Appreciation Days Aug 15 – Sept 30, 2022 .. #UniversalOrlando #UOAP #PassholderAppreciationDays - August 12, 2022
- ‘Sip And Savor’ Highlights Orlando Restaurants And Bars Aug 8-21, 2022 .. #SipandSavorOTown #Foodies #EatLocal - August 8, 2022
- SeaWorld Orlando Craft Beer Festival Returns Starting Aug 5, 2022 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #CraftBeer #Orlando - August 4, 2022
- Brightline Construction Road Closures for August 2022 .. #Brightline #Orlando - August 3, 2022
- Museum of Illusions Orlando Hosting Back-To-School Giveaway Aug 1-7, 2022 .. #MuseumofIllusions #MOIOrlando #ICONPark - July 31, 2022
- Bites & Bubbles Kicks Off Happy Hour August 1, 2022 .. #BitesandBubbles #HappyHour #OrlandoHappyHours - July 30, 2022
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns July 25-Aug 7, 2022 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool #FloridaSchools - July 24, 2022
- MagicBand+ Launches at Walt Disney World July 27 .. #WaltDisneyWorld #MagicBandPlus - July 21, 2022