This morning (June 22, 2021) on ABC’s “Good Morning America,” Walt Disney World released more details for its upcoming 50th Anniversary celebration that will start on October 1.
As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, EPCOT will debut the new nighttime spectacular “Harmonious,” which will invite you to travel the globe through new interpretations of classic Disney songs as you’ve never heard them before, reimagined in more than a dozen languages by a diverse group of 240 artists from around the world.
It will also feature new technical magic that incorporates pyrotechnics, choreographed moving fountains, lighting, and media to help tell the story.
Magic Kingdom will also be getting a new nighttime spectacular, called “Disney Enchantment.” This evening extravaganza will feature music, enhanced lighting, stunning fireworks and, for the first time, immersive projection effects that extend from Cinderella Castle down Main Street, U.S.A.
Also at Magic Kingdom, guests can enjoy “Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade,” several times a day. It will feature Mickey and Minnie, Donald and Daisy, Goofy and Pluto, and Chip ‘n’ Dale, who will all be sporting their own custom-made EARidescent outfits.
Those same eight characters will also be featured in special golden character sculptures in the hub in front of Cinderella Castle. There will be 50 characters total in this series of sculptures that will be displayed across all four theme parks.
Finally, over at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, a new daytime show called “Disney KiteTails,” will feature performers flying windcatchers and kites of all shapes and sizes, while out on the water elaborate three-dimensional kites – some stretching to 30 feet long – will depict Disney animal friends, including Simba, Zazu, Baloo and King Louie.
This show will come alive several times daily at the Discovery River Amphitheater to entertain guests.
As we get closer to October 1, expect even more information and details on rides, attractions, and more set to debut during the 18-month celebration. I’ll bring you all the news as soon as I hear it.
Bookings and tickets are available now for the start of the 50th Anniversary, so head over to DisneyWorld.com.
[artist renderings courtesy of Walt Disney World/Disney Parks]
- First Details Released For Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary
- Walt Disney World Announces Opening Date For Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure And La Crêperie De Paris
- World’s First Peppa Pig Theme Park to Open in Central Florida Feb 2022 .. #PeppaPigFlorida @PeppaPigFlorida - October 14, 2021
- The Orange Cup Regatta Returns to Lakeland Oct 16-17, 2021 .. #OrangeCupRegatta @APBA_Racing @CentralFLSports - October 13, 2021
- Universal’s Mardi Gras Returns to Universal Orlando in 2022 .. @UniversalOrlando #MardiGras - October 12, 2021
- Disney Genie and Lightning Lane Launch Oct. 19 at Walt Disney World .. @WaltDisneyWorld #DisneyGenie #LightningLane - October 10, 2021
- Come Out With Pride Orlando Takes Over Lake Eola Oct. 9, 2021 .. #ComeOutWithPride @orlandopride - October 7, 2021
- Universal Orlando To Close Shrek 4-D Attraction .. @UniversalOrlando #Shrek4D - October 6, 2021
- Celebrate National Taco Day 2021 With These Orlando-Area Restaurant Deals .. #NationalTacoDay #OrlandoTacos #OrlandoFoodies - October 4, 2021
- IMMERSE 2021 to Take Over Downtown Orlando Oct 15-17! .. #IMMERSEOrlando #OrlandoArts #CreativeCity #JOYBOX #COLORDAYOrlando - October 2, 2021
- Brick Or Treat Returns To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Oct 2, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #BrickorTreat - September 30, 2021
- Out and About: Magical Dining at Amatista Cookhouse at Loew’s Sapphire Falls Resort .. #MagicalDining @VisitOrlando #AmatistaCookhouse #LoewsHotels - September 27, 2021