On October 1, 2021, Walt Disney World will be 50 years old, and this week we got new details on the 50th Anniversary celebration.
The biggest news revealed was the icons of the four theme parks – Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios – will transform into Beacons of Magic, by coming to life with their own magical glow courtesy of special lighting. Here are some artist renderings courtesy of Walt Disney World.
The makeover of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom will continue, as well, with the addition of gold bunting and other golden embellishments.
Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will also have sparkling new looks for the celebration. As hosts of the event, they’ll be dressed for the occasion in custom-made fashions of EARidescent fabric with gold highlights.
The 50th Anniversary celebration is scheduled to run 18 months, so expect to see many more updates on everything Walt Disney World is planning for it.
Along with the artist renderings and photos, Disney Parks put together this video of guests and Disney cast members talking about what a magical celebration would mean to them and why they love being here so much.
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023
- Limited Time ‘Shrimpwich’ Comes to Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips at ICON Park - April 26, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Chicago’ 25th Anniversary Tour at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center April 18-23, 2023 - April 7, 2023