To wrap up 2020, Visit Orlando announced the hiring of new President and Chief Executive Officer Casandra Matej to lead the destination marketing organization.
Matej brings over two decades of experience in the tourism industry, including most recently serving as president and CEO of Visit San Antonio as a leading figure in the development of the region’s hospitality industry.
Matej has long been an active leader driving tourism on national, state and local levels, currently serving on the Board of Directors for the U.S. Travel Association and formerly Destinations International, as well as past chairman of the Texas Travel Industry Association.
“We are thrilled to welcome Casandra in this significant leadership role for Orlando’s tourism industry,” said Brian Comes, chairman of the board for Visit Orlando in the press release. “She is known in the industry as a strategic leader with an ability to collaborate throughout the region, and her energy, vision and industry experience will be especially critical as our destination moves to recover from this challenging time.”
Matej assumes her new position February 1, 2021.
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022