Brightline and Walt Disney World have announced an agreement for the high-speed rail service to construct a station at Disney Springs.
According to Brightline, the design concept for the proposed station includes a lobby on the ground level, passenger facilities and an upper level train platform.
The agreement is conditioned upon Brightline’s satisfaction of certain obligations including obtaining all necessary government approvals.
Once built, the station will connect to other Brightline stations at Orlando International Airport (OIA), Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach, and planned stations in Aventura, Boca Raton, and Port Miami.
It could also be part of Brightline’s planned Orlando to Tampa route, which expects to break ground in 2022. The Brightline expansion from West Palm Beach to Orlando International Airport should also be complete by 2022.
No word on where exactly the Brightline station will be located at Disney Springs, but this definitely will make it easier for visitors to make their way from the airport to Walt Disney World.
- Daytona Lagoon in Daytona Beach Launches Summer Character Series June 4, 2023 - May 30, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center to Host Broadway’s ‘Into the Woods’ For Only Florida Shows June 6-11, 2023 - May 28, 2023
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023