This morning Walt Disney World submitted its proposal to the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force in Florida detailing their plans for a phased reopening of its parks.
Pending approval, Walt Disney World’s parks will have a staggered opening.
Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom will begin a phased reopening to the general public on July 11, with EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios to follow on July 15.
Theme park capacity will be significantly limited as they welcome guests back to the magic, so Disney will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system that will require all guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance.
And you thought getting FastPasses and dining reservations was difficult…
Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold; they’ll be reaching out to these guests soon to provide additional details. They will then resume new ticket sales and hotel reservations after that period of time.
Experiences such as parades, fireworks shows, and nighttime spectaculars that would draw a large group gathering will not be available when the parks reopen, but will return at a later date.
“High-touch” experiences such as makeover opportunities, playgrounds, and character meet and greets will remain temporarily unavailable, but characters will still be in the parks to entertain guests.
Disney Vacation Club resorts at Walt Disney World will reopen to members and guests, and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen on June 22. There was no mention of the rest of the resorts.
Cast members, as well as guests 3 years of age and older will be required to wear appropriate face coverings in theme parks and common areas of resort hotels.
All guests will also undergo temperature screenings prior to entering a theme park, and cast members will also have temperature checks.
Cashless transactions are recommended, and cleaning and disinfection procedures will be increased in high-traffic areas.
Physical barriers are being installed in some locations to encourage social distancing, including plexiglass at cash registers.
Additional information on enhanced health and safety measures and operational changes for reopening locations will be shared soon.
There will also be a ‘Social Distancing Squad’ will be made up of enthusiastic cast members that will joyfully remind guests to practice social distancing. Reminder signs will be on display throughout the parks, too.
I’m sure Walt Disney World will release more comprehensive information prior to the park reopenings, and we’ll let you know as soon as we hear something.
Are you excited to return to Walt Disney World, or are you going to wait?
- Brightline to Construct Walt Disney World Station at Disney Springs .. @GoBrightline #WaltDisneyWorld - November 24, 2020
- FusionFest Returns to Downtown Orlando Nov 28-29, 2020 .. #FusionFest #FusionFestOrlando - November 23, 2020
- Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites Opens at Universal Orlando December 2020 .. #EndlessSummerDockside @UniversalOrlando - November 22, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center’s Frontyard Festival Kicks Off Dec 5: What You Need to Know .. #FrontyardFestival #OrlandoArts #SaveOurStages @DrPhillipsCtr - November 21, 2020
- Holidays at LEGOLAND® Return to LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 27, 2020 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #Holidays - November 20, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating #Thanksgiving 2020 In Orlando - November 18, 2020
- Walt Disney World Reopens Petting Zoo at Affection Section in Disney’s Animal Kingdom .. #WaltDisneyWorld #DisneysAnimalKingdom - November 16, 2020
- Walt Disney World First Look at Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Ride Vehicles .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot #GOTG - November 15, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For November 13, 2020: Hawkers, Firehouse Subs, Pig Floyd’s, Tapa Toro, Gideons Bakehouse, White Castle, First Watch, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - November 13, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Christmas Celebration 2020 Kicks Off Nov. 14 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #ChristmasCelebration - November 10, 2020