This morning Walt Disney World submitted its proposal to the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force in Florida detailing their plans for a phased reopening of its parks.
Pending approval, Walt Disney World’s parks will have a staggered opening.
Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom will begin a phased reopening to the general public on July 11, with EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios to follow on July 15.
Theme park capacity will be significantly limited as they welcome guests back to the magic, so Disney will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system that will require all guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance.
And you thought getting FastPasses and dining reservations was difficult…
Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold; they’ll be reaching out to these guests soon to provide additional details. They will then resume new ticket sales and hotel reservations after that period of time.
Experiences such as parades, fireworks shows, and nighttime spectaculars that would draw a large group gathering will not be available when the parks reopen, but will return at a later date.
“High-touch” experiences such as makeover opportunities, playgrounds, and character meet and greets will remain temporarily unavailable, but characters will still be in the parks to entertain guests.
Disney Vacation Club resorts at Walt Disney World will reopen to members and guests, and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen on June 22. There was no mention of the rest of the resorts.
Cast members, as well as guests 3 years of age and older will be required to wear appropriate face coverings in theme parks and common areas of resort hotels.
All guests will also undergo temperature screenings prior to entering a theme park, and cast members will also have temperature checks.
Cashless transactions are recommended, and cleaning and disinfection procedures will be increased in high-traffic areas.
Physical barriers are being installed in some locations to encourage social distancing, including plexiglass at cash registers.
Additional information on enhanced health and safety measures and operational changes for reopening locations will be shared soon.
There will also be a ‘Social Distancing Squad’ will be made up of enthusiastic cast members that will joyfully remind guests to practice social distancing. Reminder signs will be on display throughout the parks, too.
I’m sure Walt Disney World will release more comprehensive information prior to the park reopenings, and we’ll let you know as soon as we hear something.
Are you excited to return to Walt Disney World, or are you going to wait?
- SeaWorld Orlando Hosts “Flicks & Fireworks” This Weekend .. #SeaWorldOrlando #FlicksFireworks - July 8, 2020
- Tango Cares Needs Your Help to Feed Orlando’s Unemployed Hospitality Workers .. #TangoCares #MiasItalianKitchen #CafeTuTuTango - July 6, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 5, 2020: The Old Jailhouse, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, Chef Bruno Fonseca, Shake Shack, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoRestaurants - July 5, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2020 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #Grilling - July 1, 2020
- The Bourne Stuntacular to Grand Open at Universal Orlando June 30, 2020 with Sneak Peek Online June 29 .. #UniversalOrlando #BourneStuntacular #ThemeParkNews - June 29, 2020
- Florida Suspends Alcohol Consumption at Bars Again Due to COVID-19 .. #FloridaBars #DoYourPart - June 28, 2020
- Orange County Florida Launches New “Safer, Stronger, Together” Campaign for Businesses & Residents to Combat COVID-19 Spread .. #DoYourPartORL #VisitOrlando @OrangeCoFL - June 27, 2020
- Walt Disney World to Give Magic Kingdom’s Splash Mountain New ‘The Princess and the Frog’ Theme .. #WaltDisneyWorld #SplashMountain #ThePrincessandtheFrog #Tiana - June 26, 2020
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to Host ‘MLS is Back’ Tournament This Summer .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ESPN #WWoS #MLSisBack #Soccer - June 21, 2020
- Walt Disney World Cancels Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for 2020 .. #Disney #MNSSHP #Halloween - June 20, 2020