Yesterday, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment interim CEO Marc Swanson unveiled a proposal for reopening its Orlando theme parks to the public.
The reopening would include SeaWorld Orlando, Discovery Cove and Aquatica Orlando, with a target date of June 11. The parks would first reopen on June 10 for an Employee Appreciation night.
In addition to temperature checks, employees and visitors age 2 and older would be required to wear masks to enter the parks. No word if masks would be required on the rides, but last week, SeaWorld was spotted testing the coasters with masked riders.
Certain animal interactions will also be modified as part of the new protocols.
At the water parks, SeaWorld said it will limit the number of visitors in its pools and rivers to maintain distancing. Riders on rafts and other vehicles on water rides, will only be grouped with people in their party. Ride vehicles, rafts, tubes and life vests will cleaned and sanitized more frequently.
Tickets will be scanned by employees separated from visitors by plexiglass to limit contact. The parks will also encourage contactless payments such as Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the entrances and exits at attractions. High-contact areas throughout the parks will cleaned more frequently, as well.
Physical distancing markers will be placed in queues for attractions, and riders will be spaced out to maintain distance. Similar steps will be made at restaurants with tables being rearranged for distancing.
Paper park maps will no longer be available. Instead visitors can access digital maps. Hope the internet is really good within the parks.
For more information, visit seaworld.com/orlando.
- World’s First Peppa Pig Theme Park to Open in Central Florida Feb 2022 .. #PeppaPigFlorida @PeppaPigFlorida - October 14, 2021
- The Orange Cup Regatta Returns to Lakeland Oct 16-17, 2021 .. #OrangeCupRegatta @APBA_Racing @CentralFLSports - October 13, 2021
- Universal’s Mardi Gras Returns to Universal Orlando in 2022 .. @UniversalOrlando #MardiGras - October 12, 2021
- Disney Genie and Lightning Lane Launch Oct. 19 at Walt Disney World .. @WaltDisneyWorld #DisneyGenie #LightningLane - October 10, 2021
- Come Out With Pride Orlando Takes Over Lake Eola Oct. 9, 2021 .. #ComeOutWithPride @orlandopride - October 7, 2021
- Universal Orlando To Close Shrek 4-D Attraction .. @UniversalOrlando #Shrek4D - October 6, 2021
- Celebrate National Taco Day 2021 With These Orlando-Area Restaurant Deals .. #NationalTacoDay #OrlandoTacos #OrlandoFoodies - October 4, 2021
- IMMERSE 2021 to Take Over Downtown Orlando Oct 15-17! .. #IMMERSEOrlando #OrlandoArts #CreativeCity #JOYBOX #COLORDAYOrlando - October 2, 2021
- Brick Or Treat Returns To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Oct 2, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #BrickorTreat - September 30, 2021
- Out and About: Magical Dining at Amatista Cookhouse at Loew’s Sapphire Falls Resort .. #MagicalDining @VisitOrlando #AmatistaCookhouse #LoewsHotels - September 27, 2021