Yesterday, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment interim CEO Marc Swanson unveiled a proposal for reopening its Orlando theme parks to the public.
The reopening would include SeaWorld Orlando, Discovery Cove and Aquatica Orlando, with a target date of June 11. The parks would first reopen on June 10 for an Employee Appreciation night.
In addition to temperature checks, employees and visitors age 2 and older would be required to wear masks to enter the parks. No word if masks would be required on the rides, but last week, SeaWorld was spotted testing the coasters with masked riders.
Certain animal interactions will also be modified as part of the new protocols.
At the water parks, SeaWorld said it will limit the number of visitors in its pools and rivers to maintain distancing. Riders on rafts and other vehicles on water rides, will only be grouped with people in their party. Ride vehicles, rafts, tubes and life vests will cleaned and sanitized more frequently.
Tickets will be scanned by employees separated from visitors by plexiglass to limit contact. The parks will also encourage contactless payments such as Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the entrances and exits at attractions. High-contact areas throughout the parks will cleaned more frequently, as well.
Physical distancing markers will be placed in queues for attractions, and riders will be spaced out to maintain distance. Similar steps will be made at restaurants with tables being rearranged for distancing.
Paper park maps will no longer be available. Instead visitors can access digital maps. Hope the internet is really good within the parks.
For more information, visit seaworld.com/orlando.
- Brightline to Construct Walt Disney World Station at Disney Springs .. @GoBrightline #WaltDisneyWorld - November 24, 2020
- FusionFest Returns to Downtown Orlando Nov 28-29, 2020 .. #FusionFest #FusionFestOrlando - November 23, 2020
- Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites Opens at Universal Orlando December 2020 .. #EndlessSummerDockside @UniversalOrlando - November 22, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center’s Frontyard Festival Kicks Off Dec 5: What You Need to Know .. #FrontyardFestival #OrlandoArts #SaveOurStages @DrPhillipsCtr - November 21, 2020
- Holidays at LEGOLAND® Return to LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 27, 2020 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #Holidays - November 20, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating #Thanksgiving 2020 In Orlando - November 18, 2020
- Walt Disney World Reopens Petting Zoo at Affection Section in Disney’s Animal Kingdom .. #WaltDisneyWorld #DisneysAnimalKingdom - November 16, 2020
- Walt Disney World First Look at Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Ride Vehicles .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot #GOTG - November 15, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For November 13, 2020: Hawkers, Firehouse Subs, Pig Floyd’s, Tapa Toro, Gideons Bakehouse, White Castle, First Watch, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - November 13, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Christmas Celebration 2020 Kicks Off Nov. 14 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #ChristmasCelebration - November 10, 2020