Yesterday, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment interim CEO Marc Swanson unveiled a proposal for reopening its Orlando theme parks to the public.
The reopening would include SeaWorld Orlando, Discovery Cove and Aquatica Orlando, with a target date of June 11. The parks would first reopen on June 10 for an Employee Appreciation night.
In addition to temperature checks, employees and visitors age 2 and older would be required to wear masks to enter the parks. No word if masks would be required on the rides, but last week, SeaWorld was spotted testing the coasters with masked riders.
Certain animal interactions will also be modified as part of the new protocols.
At the water parks, SeaWorld said it will limit the number of visitors in its pools and rivers to maintain distancing. Riders on rafts and other vehicles on water rides, will only be grouped with people in their party. Ride vehicles, rafts, tubes and life vests will cleaned and sanitized more frequently.
Tickets will be scanned by employees separated from visitors by plexiglass to limit contact. The parks will also encourage contactless payments such as Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the entrances and exits at attractions. High-contact areas throughout the parks will cleaned more frequently, as well.
Physical distancing markers will be placed in queues for attractions, and riders will be spaced out to maintain distance. Similar steps will be made at restaurants with tables being rearranged for distancing.
Paper park maps will no longer be available. Instead visitors can access digital maps. Hope the internet is really good within the parks.
For more information, visit seaworld.com/orlando.
- SeaWorld Orlando Hosts “Flicks & Fireworks” This Weekend .. #SeaWorldOrlando #FlicksFireworks - July 8, 2020
- Tango Cares Needs Your Help to Feed Orlando’s Unemployed Hospitality Workers .. #TangoCares #MiasItalianKitchen #CafeTuTuTango - July 6, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 5, 2020: The Old Jailhouse, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, Chef Bruno Fonseca, Shake Shack, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoRestaurants - July 5, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2020 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #Grilling - July 1, 2020
- The Bourne Stuntacular to Grand Open at Universal Orlando June 30, 2020 with Sneak Peek Online June 29 .. #UniversalOrlando #BourneStuntacular #ThemeParkNews - June 29, 2020
- Florida Suspends Alcohol Consumption at Bars Again Due to COVID-19 .. #FloridaBars #DoYourPart - June 28, 2020
- Orange County Florida Launches New “Safer, Stronger, Together” Campaign for Businesses & Residents to Combat COVID-19 Spread .. #DoYourPartORL #VisitOrlando @OrangeCoFL - June 27, 2020
- Walt Disney World to Give Magic Kingdom’s Splash Mountain New ‘The Princess and the Frog’ Theme .. #WaltDisneyWorld #SplashMountain #ThePrincessandtheFrog #Tiana - June 26, 2020
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to Host ‘MLS is Back’ Tournament This Summer .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ESPN #WWoS #MLSisBack #Soccer - June 21, 2020
- Walt Disney World Cancels Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for 2020 .. #Disney #MNSSHP #Halloween - June 20, 2020