Yesterday, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment interim CEO Marc Swanson unveiled a proposal for reopening its Orlando theme parks to the public.
The reopening would include SeaWorld Orlando, Discovery Cove and Aquatica Orlando, with a target date of June 11. The parks would first reopen on June 10 for an Employee Appreciation night.
In addition to temperature checks, employees and visitors age 2 and older would be required to wear masks to enter the parks. No word if masks would be required on the rides, but last week, SeaWorld was spotted testing the coasters with masked riders.
Certain animal interactions will also be modified as part of the new protocols.
At the water parks, SeaWorld said it will limit the number of visitors in its pools and rivers to maintain distancing. Riders on rafts and other vehicles on water rides, will only be grouped with people in their party. Ride vehicles, rafts, tubes and life vests will cleaned and sanitized more frequently.
Tickets will be scanned by employees separated from visitors by plexiglass to limit contact. The parks will also encourage contactless payments such as Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the entrances and exits at attractions. High-contact areas throughout the parks will cleaned more frequently, as well.
Physical distancing markers will be placed in queues for attractions, and riders will be spaced out to maintain distance. Similar steps will be made at restaurants with tables being rearranged for distancing.
Paper park maps will no longer be available. Instead visitors can access digital maps. Hope the internet is really good within the parks.
For more information, visit seaworld.com/orlando.
- LEGOLAND Florida Announces World’s First Peppa Pig Theme Park .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #PeppaPig - February 25, 2021
- Kevin Smith to Bring Mooby’s Pop-Up To Tin Roof Orlando in March .. @MoobysPopUp @ThatKevinSmith @tinrooforlando #MoobysOrlando - February 24, 2021
- Monster Jam Returns To Camping World Stadium Feb 27-28, 2021 .. @MonsterJam - February 23, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating National Margarita Day Feb 22, 2021 .. #NationalMargaritaDay - February 22, 2021
- First Details Released for Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary .. @WaltDisneyWorld #DisneyWorld50 - February 21, 2021
- Wekiva Paint Out Returns to Wekiva Island Feb 21-27, 2021 .. #WekivaPaintOut @WekivaIsland - February 18, 2021
- Out and About: Brickbeard’s Watersports Stunt Show Debuts at LEGOLAND Florida! .. #LEGOLANDFlorida #BuiltForKids #BrickbeardsWatersportsStuntShow #Be10Too #Pirates - February 13, 2021
- Orlando Science Center Unveils New Tiny Green Home at Loch Haven Park .. @CityBeautiful @OrlandoScience @OUCreliableone #TinyGreenHome - February 12, 2021
- Otronicon Returns To The Orlando Science Center Feb 12-15, 2021 .. @OrlandoScience @Otronicon - February 11, 2021
- New PirateFest Weekends Kick off at LEGOLAND Florida Starting Feb 12, 2021! .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #PirateFest #BuiltForKids - February 10, 2021