YES, one of the biggest bands in prog rock history and true pioneers of the genre, are bringing their 50th Anniversary Tour to Plaza Live! Orlando on July 27, 2018.
Titled #YES50: Celebrating 50 Years of YES, the tour finds founding member/Grammy winner/Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee Tony Kaye (keyboards; 1968-1971 and 1983-1995) joining Steve Howe (guitar since 1970), Alan White (drums since 1972), Geoff Downes (keyboards; first joined in 1980), Jon Davison (vocals since 2011), and Billy Sherwood (guitar/keyboards in the 1990s, and the late Chris Squire’s choice to take over bass/vocals in 2015) as a special guest during an extended encore, performing such YES hits as “Yours Is No Disgrace,” “Roundabout” and “Starship Trooper.”
Over the last 50 years, YES have achieved worldwide success with a history spanning 21 studio albums. They have sold 13.5 million RIAA-certified albums in the US. They were ranked No. 94 on VH1’s 100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock, and in April 2017, YES were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
“Much has changed since I joined Yes in 1970, but the core elements of the band have remained consistent,” shares guitarist Steve Howe. “We want to mark this anniversary with a tour that encompasses some of our best-loved work and revisit a few classic pieces that have been lost for a while. We look forward to sharing the 50th anniversary with the fanbase, playing classic songs that celebrate the broad musical style of Yes.”
In other news, on June 29, Warner Music released YES: The Steven Wilson Remixes, a five-album vinyl set featuring Steven Wilson’s remixes of five classic YES studio albums: The Yes Album (1971), Fragile (1971), Close To The Edge (1972), the double album Tales From Topographic Oceans (1973) and Relayer (1974). Each album features remixed audio by Steven Wilson, released on vinyl for the first time, and artwork created specifically for the set by Roger Dean, with new cover art for Close To The Edge and Tales From Topographic Oceans and reworked art by Dean for the remaining three covers.
Additionally, YES recently issued Fly From Here – Return Trip, a new version of their 2011 album Fly From Here featuring the Drama lineup and new lead vocals by Trevor Horn. The album, available from Pledge Music, contains a previously unreleased song, “Don’t Take No For An Answer,” recorded in 2011 featuring Steve Howe on lead vocals, and the full-length version of “Hour of Need,” previously only available as a Japanese bonus track. Fly From Here – Return Trip is a long-awaited treat for all YES fans and, following Chris Squire’s passing in 2015, represents the last chance for fans to hear a follow-up to the classic YES release Drama.
You can learn more at YESworld.com.
Tickets are $65 – $299, and are available at plazaliveorlando.org, or at the venue box office.
[photo credit: Gottlieb Bros via MSO]
Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links which add nothing to the cost of your order. Thanks!
- 2019 NFL Pro Bowl Week Returns to Orlando This Week! @NFL #ProBowl #ESPN - January 22, 2019
- Zora Neale Hurston Festival Returns to Eatonville Jan 26-Feb 3, 2019 - January 21, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Hamilton Digital Lottery for Orlando Shows - January 20, 2019
- Walt Disney World Resort to Offer Special 4-Park Magic Tickets in 2019 - January 17, 2019
- LEGOLAND® Florida Offers New Free Florida Resident Preschool Pass - January 15, 2019
- Don’t Miss Your Shot! Hamilton Comes to the Dr. Phillips Center Jan 22-Feb 10, 2019! @DrPhillipsCtr - January 14, 2019
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks For Free On January 17, 2019 - January 14, 2019
- 2019 Preschool Card Returns for Free Admission to SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica for Florida Kids - January 13, 2019
- The 2019 Florida State Fair Comes to Tampa Feb 7-18 + Win Tickets! #MyFloridaStateFair @FLStateFair - January 12, 2019
- Go Behind-The-Scenes at SeaWorld Orlando During Inside Look Weekends in January - January 11, 2019