I recently joined several other bloggers to check out items from Marlow’s Tavern‘s summer menu, as well as a few guest faves, and it was a delicious afternoon.
Marlow’s Tavern is featuring a six-week Summer Celebration menu that includes:
- Watermelon, Feta and Arugula Salad with fresh basil, ginger and balsamic glaze (pictured below)
- Grilled Kansas City Strip Steak – “Hot off the Grill,” tender bone-in KC strip, blazed with Montréal spice and served with twice-baked salt crusted Burbank potato and grilled jumbo asparagus
- Slow Roast Brisket & Buns – a 24-hour-smoked beef brisket sliced thin and slathered with Jack Daniel’s® honey glaze, topped with celery root slaw and crispy tobacco onions on a buttery brioche bun
- Watermelon Margarita with Herradura agave nectar, Herradura Reposado tequila, watermelon juice and house-made sweet and sour mix.
We started off with a sampling of summer cocktails:
- Blueberry Buck – Smirnoff Blueberry vodka, Fresh Lime, Simple Syrup, Barritt’s Ginger Beer and Shaved Nutmeg ($9.50) (pictured above)
- Grapefruit Ricky (2.0) – American Harvest vodka, St. Germaine liqueur, Fresh Grapefruit Juice & a Squeeze of Lime ($11)
- Cucumber Rita – Herradura Reposado Tequila, Brovo Boomerang liqueur, Cucumber, House-Made Sour & Salt ($11)
And a beer – MIA Tavern beer, an IPA brewed especially for Marlow’s Tavern with notes of pineapple and grapefruit.
I’d have to say the Blueberry Buck was my favorite – it’s like a crisper lighter mule.
Next up were a trio of appetizers:
- Marlow’s Famous Hummus – Classical Creamy Hummus, Grilled, Toasty Seasoned Pita, Crisp Veggies, Marinated Olives and a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. ($7.50)
- Ahi Tuna Poke – Ahi Tuna, Hawaiian Style, Avocado, Teriyaki Glaze, Scallions, and Crispy Wontons for dipping. ($13)
- Fig & Bacon Toast – Toasty Rosemary Ciabatta, Whipped Ricotta, Black Mission Figs, Caramelized Onion, Apple-Wood Smoked Bacon, and a drizzle of Balsamic Glaze ($6) (pictured below)
The hummus was good, and while I couldn’t try the poke due to a seafood allergy, the other ladies loved it.
My OMG moment of the entire meal, though, was that Fig & Bacon toast. It was the perfect balance of lightly sweet and salty, crunchy and soft. I would go back to Marlow’s Tavern over and over just for this dish.
For entrees, we sampled two salads and three main dishes:
- Black and Blue Steak Salad – Grilled Beef Tenderloin, Crisp Field Greens, Orange Tomato, Crumbling Gorgonzola, Scallion, Pickled Red Onion, Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing ($14.50) (pictured up top)
- Watermelon, Feta and Arugula Salad – with fresh basil, ginger and balsamic glaze (from the summer menu)
- Shrimp & Grits – This award-winning dish features White Cheddar Grit Cake, Sautéed Spinach, Roma Tomato, Shallot, Roast Tomato Beurre Blanc ($16.70)
- Roast Chicken Frisco Club – Prestige Farms Chicken, Melting Swiss, Arugula, Apple-Wood Smoked Bacon, Granny Smith Apple, Pickled Red Onion, Horseradish Aioli, on Pressed Sourdough Bread ($12) (We had it served with Fried Okra as a side)
- Black and Blue Burger – Gorgonzola, Apple-Wood Smoked Bacon, Toasted Sesame Brioche Roll ($12.50) (We had it served with Truffle Fries as a side) (pictured below)
I tried all but the Shrimp & Grits, and all were very tasty, but I’d have to say my favorite was the Black & Blue Steak Salad. It was light and creamy, and the steak added just the right amount of a protein kick to the dish.
I also have to admit that I’m not an okra fan, but I ate every bite of the Fried Okra side on my plate. I enjoyed it a lot. I also enjoyed a side sample I had of the Jalapeno Corn Grits. It was spicy and cheesy, and also gluten-free.
One thing I appreciated about Marlow’s menu is that you don’t have to get fries with a sandwich or burger. They have a variety of sides available, including vegetarian and gluten-free options.
And burger fans – you won’t be disappointed by the Black and Blue. It was so good I didn’t even ask for condiments.
We finished off with a quartet of fan favorite desserts:
- Classic Creme Brulee – This NYC Classic is house-made with Madagascar Vanilla Bean and Crispy Sweet Crust ($6)
- Fried Banana Split – Panko Crusted-Phyllo Wrapped Banana with Vanilla Ice Cream, Chocolate, Strawberry & Caramel Sauces and topped with Salted Caramel Whipped Cream ($8.50)
- Pot de Creme Chocolate Pudding – House-Made Chocolate Pudding topped with Chocolate Sauce, Salted Caramel Whipped Cream, and a Shortbread Cookie ($6)
- N.Y. Style Cheesecake – This house-made Classic Creamy Vanilla Cheesecake is served with Strawberry sauce, Powdered Sugar & Cinnamon Crisps ($6)
They were all good, but that creme brulee is one of the best I’ve tasted, and I liked the twist on that banana split. You really can’t go wrong with any of these choices.
We dined at the Pointe Orlando location, and found the location was very conveniently located next to valet parking (which this Marlow’s Tavern will validate with a qualifying purchase). Other Central Florida locations (Winter Park, Waterford Lakes, Oviedo, and Lee Vista) have free onsite parking.
For more information on menus or locations, visit marlowstavern.com.
Disclaimer: I attended a media event where I was served samples to try. As always, my opinion is honest, and my own. Thanks to Marlow’s Tavern at Pointe Orlando for hosting us.
- Walt Disney World Replaces Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios .. #WaltDisneyWorld #BeautyandtheBeast - August 4, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort Reopens With Deal for Florida Resident and WDW Passholders .. #SwanandDolphin #FloridaResidentDeals - August 4, 2020
- Universal Orlando Offers Special ‘Buy a Day’ Deal to Florida Residents for Limited Time .. #UniversalOrlando #FloridaResidentDeals - August 3, 2020
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns August 2020 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool - July 31, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 30, 2020: Sister Honey’s, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Finca, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - July 30, 2020
- Walt Disney World Announces Attraction Closures and Project Postponements .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ThemeParkNews - July 29, 2020
- Osceola Arts presents ‘Once on the Island’ Online July 31-August 9, 2021 .. @Osceola_Arts #OnceontheIsland #oaOOTI - July 28, 2020
- MEGACON Orlando Cancels Fall LIMITED EDITION and Announces 2021 Dates .. #MegaCon #MegaConOrlando - July 27, 2020
- Universal Orlando Announces Cancellation of Halloween Horror Nights for 2020 .. #UniversalOrlando #HalloweenHorrorNights #HHN2020 - July 24, 2020
- Universal Orlando Also Closes Face Covering Loophole for Guests .. #UniversalOrlando #ParkSafety - July 23, 2020