In this week’s Orlando dining news round-up: new menu items, new happy hours, charity events, and more. Are you hungry? Let’s dive in…
MidiCi The Neapolitan Pizza Company has added calzones to their delicious offerings. Baked in a 900 degree wood-burning pizza oven, they are available in 5 versions: Chicken Pesto, Truffle Cream, Spicy Sausage, Meatball, and Four Cheese.
MidiCi currently has locations in Kissimee and Daytona Beach, with a new location coming to Maitland.
From now until July 30, get 20% off tickets to Taste! Central Florida on September 8 with the code TASTE20 at tastecfl.org. Proceeds will benefit Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida and Coalition for the Homeless.
Royal Tea in Mills 50 is holding its Grand Opening on July 28. It specializes in Cheese Mousse Tea, Fresh Fruits Tea, Traditional Bubble Tea, Uji Matcha Green Tea, and Desserts. Subscribe to their email list for a free drink during the grand opening.
Duck Donuts in Kissimmee is celebrating its 1st anniversary on July 28 with two deals all day long: Get a free donut with any purchase; and buy 1 sundae, get another sundae 50% off. Additionally, each sundae purchaser will be entered into a raffle to win 2 free tickets to Fun Spot USA.
Bites and Bubbles in Mills 50 is hosting a three-night pop up dinner to benefit Cystic Fibrosis Foundation July 31-August 2. Enjoy a five course Wine & Champagne Paired Dinner featuring a special menu highlighted with caviar and wines. Cost is $175 per person inclusive of tax/gratuity. Only ten seats per night, so visit bitesbubbles.com/cystic-fibrosis-pop-up to reserve.
Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza, the South Florida-based restaurant brand , is drumming up a high-stakes celebration for National Chicken Wing Day. When the restaurant’s loyalty guests place a dine-in or take-out order any time through July 29, they will be entered to win free chicken wings for one year. The more they visit, the more chances they have to win.
Guests can sign up for the loyalty program until July 29th to be eligible to enter the contest. There will be one winner at each of the restaurants, including Orlando and Altamonte Springs, and they will receive a credit redeemable for one, dine in, 10-piece wing per week, all year long.
For more information to become an Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza loyalty guest and get your chance to win wings for a year, please visit acfp.com/rewards.
Starting July 23, Terralina Crafted Italian at Disney Springs will begin hosting a late-night happy hour from 9-11pm Sunday – Thursday on the patio. Specials include $5 Beers and half-price wines by the glass. They also have a regular happy hour with the same specials from 4-6pm Sunday – Thursday.
Also starting July 23, happy hours return to Paddlefish at Disney Springs. Enjoy $5 draft beers and $20 bottles of rosé at the bar only from 2-4pm, then later on the Rooftop Deck only from 9-11pm.
While at Disney Springs, you can also check out their Brews & BBQ promotion. One of the eateries highlighted is The Polite Pig (a sister restaurant of The Ravenous Pig in Winter Park), and their Black Pepper Porter USDA Prime Brisket with Spiced Watermelon & Tomato-Onion Chutney ($19), which pairs well with the Baltic-style, dark and malty Working Man Porter ($9), one of four Cask and Larder brews available at restaurant.
That’s it for this week. If you have any Central Florida dining news to share, drop it in comments or send it to us via our contact form. We’ll credit you if we use it.
- Rosen Plaza Hosts its Annual Iced Out Free Event Dec 15, 2018 - December 13, 2018
- It Will Be an Irving Berlin’s White Christmas at Dr. Phillips Center Dec 18-23, 2018 . . . . #OrlandoBroadwaySeries @DrPhillipsCtr @IBWCOnTour - December 12, 2018
- Orange County Launches Crowdsourced 2018 Holiday Lights Map - December 7, 2018
- Out and About: LEGOLAND Florida’s Christmas Bricktacular Brings LEGO Fun to the Holidays @LEGOLANDFlorida - December 6, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up for Dec 5, 2018: Wondermade, PokéStop, Orange County Brewers, and More - December 5, 2018
- Central Florida Foodie Events for December 2018 **UPDATED** #OrlandoFoodies - December 4, 2018
- Gaylord Palms Hosts Sounds of the Season Concert Series for 2018 Holidays #CAGP18 - December 3, 2018
- Elton John’s Orlando and Tampa Shows Have Been Rescheduled @AmwayCenter @Amalie Arena #EltonJohn - November 29, 2018
- Out and About: Hello, Dolly! Feat. @BettyBuckley at Dr. Phillips Center is a Masterclass in Musical Theater @DrPhillipsCtr - November 28, 2018
- Elton John Cancels Orlando and Tampa Shows Due to Illness @AmwayCenter @Amalie Arena #EltonJohn - November 27, 2018