Returning for its fourth year, “Holidays in Space” offers visitors to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex a unique hi-tech way to celebrate the holidays, along with the history of space exploration.
Highlights of the celebration include the very cool “Spirit of Exploration” show, a one-of-a-kind presentation of space and holiday imagery shown on the side of the 223-foot-long Saturn 1B rocket, accompanied by mood lighting in the Rocket Garden.
In addition, the visitor complex is adorned for the holiday season with a stunning array of decorations including a 41-foot holiday tree decorated with lights and flags of the countries that helped build the International Space Station, a giant NASA “meatball” ornament, garlands, lights, ribbons, bows and more. New this year is the Holidays in Space logo and snowflake images projected onto the roof of the IMAX Theater.
“Holidays in Space” starts today, December 19, and runs through January 3, 2016. All holiday activities are included with visitor complex admission; no advance reservations are required. Light shows begin at dusk each day. The visitor complex is open 365 days a year, including Christmas Day, Dec. 25.
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex’s holiday hours of operation are:
- Dec. 19-20: 9am to 6pm
- Dec. 21-Jan 3: 9am to 7pm
- Dec. 25: 9am to 6pm
Admission is $50 + tax for adults and $40 + tax for children ages 3-11. Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex offers multiday admission starting at $75 + tax for adults and $60 + tax for children ages 3-11.
For more information, call 877-313-2610 or visit KennedySpaceCenter.com.
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular 2020 Kicks Off Sept 19 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #Spooktacular - September 17, 2020
- Universal Orlando to Test Two Halloween Horror Nights Houses This Weekend .. @UniversalOrlando #HHN - September 15, 2020
- TENET is Playing Orlando Theaters + Win a Pair of Fandango Tickets .. #TENET #Giveaway - September 14, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For September 12, 2020: Florida Bars Reopen, MX Taco, The Monroe Orlando, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - September 12, 2020
- Orlando Shakes Hosts Free Online Preview of PlayFest 2020 on Sept 12 .. @OrlandoShakes #OrlandoArts - September 10, 2020
- Cannes Short Film Festival to Screen Orlando Ballet Documentary Starting Sept 13 .. @OrlandoBallet #OrlandoArts - September 9, 2020
- Orlando Main Streets Launches ‘Local Orlando’ Visitors’ Guide .. @OrlMainStreets - September 7, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando Offers Free Admission for Florida K-12 Teachers Through August 2021 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #TeacherDiscounts - September 6, 2020
- Teak Neighborhood Grill Hosts 2nd Annual “Burger World Tour” with $5 Burgers .. @TeakOrlando #OrlandoRestaurants #Burgers - September 5, 2020
- Orlando Magic Team Up with City of Orlando to Turn Amway Center Into Early Voting Center and Mail Ballot Drop-Off Location .. @CityBeautiful @AmwayCenter @OrlandoMagic #Voting - September 3, 2020