Returning for its fourth year, “Holidays in Space” offers visitors to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex a unique hi-tech way to celebrate the holidays, along with the history of space exploration.
Highlights of the celebration include the very cool “Spirit of Exploration” show, a one-of-a-kind presentation of space and holiday imagery shown on the side of the 223-foot-long Saturn 1B rocket, accompanied by mood lighting in the Rocket Garden.
In addition, the visitor complex is adorned for the holiday season with a stunning array of decorations including a 41-foot holiday tree decorated with lights and flags of the countries that helped build the International Space Station, a giant NASA “meatball” ornament, garlands, lights, ribbons, bows and more. New this year is the Holidays in Space logo and snowflake images projected onto the roof of the IMAX Theater.
“Holidays in Space” starts today, December 19, and runs through January 3, 2016. All holiday activities are included with visitor complex admission; no advance reservations are required. Light shows begin at dusk each day. The visitor complex is open 365 days a year, including Christmas Day, Dec. 25.
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex’s holiday hours of operation are:
- Dec. 19-20: 9am to 6pm
- Dec. 21-Jan 3: 9am to 7pm
- Dec. 25: 9am to 6pm
Admission is $50 + tax for adults and $40 + tax for children ages 3-11. Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex offers multiday admission starting at $75 + tax for adults and $60 + tax for children ages 3-11.
For more information, call 877-313-2610 or visit KennedySpaceCenter.com.
- The 2018 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Food and Drink Menus - February 25, 2018
- 2018 Atlanta Braves Spring Training Comes to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex - February 24, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 23, 2018: Pig Floyd’s, Pizza Bruno, Be Our Guest, and More - February 23, 2018
- February 22 is National Margarita Day – Where to Celebrate in the Orlando Area - February 22, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Announces Concert Line-Up For 2018 Food & Wine Fest Starting March 3 - February 21, 2018
- 10th Annual Downtown Food & Wine Fest Returns to Lake Eola Park in Orlando Feb 24-25, 2018 - February 20, 2018
- Sonny’s BBQ Smokin’ Showdown Comes to Orlando March 3 + Win Tickets! #sonnysbbq - February 19, 2018
- Out and About: Selena Comes to Madame Tussauds Orlando - February 18, 2018
- Walt Disney World Announces Toy Story Land to Open June 30, 2018 - February 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 16, 2018: The Glass Knife, MidiCi, Pammie’s Sammies, and More - February 16, 2018