Returning for its fourth year, “Holidays in Space” offers visitors to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex a unique hi-tech way to celebrate the holidays, along with the history of space exploration.
Highlights of the celebration include the very cool “Spirit of Exploration” show, a one-of-a-kind presentation of space and holiday imagery shown on the side of the 223-foot-long Saturn 1B rocket, accompanied by mood lighting in the Rocket Garden.
In addition, the visitor complex is adorned for the holiday season with a stunning array of decorations including a 41-foot holiday tree decorated with lights and flags of the countries that helped build the International Space Station, a giant NASA “meatball” ornament, garlands, lights, ribbons, bows and more. New this year is the Holidays in Space logo and snowflake images projected onto the roof of the IMAX Theater.
“Holidays in Space” starts today, December 19, and runs through January 3, 2016. All holiday activities are included with visitor complex admission; no advance reservations are required. Light shows begin at dusk each day. The visitor complex is open 365 days a year, including Christmas Day, Dec. 25.
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex’s holiday hours of operation are:
- Dec. 19-20: 9am to 6pm
- Dec. 21-Jan 3: 9am to 7pm
- Dec. 25: 9am to 6pm
Admission is $50 + tax for adults and $40 + tax for children ages 3-11. Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex offers multiday admission starting at $75 + tax for adults and $60 + tax for children ages 3-11.
For more information, call 877-313-2610 or visit KennedySpaceCenter.com.
- Michael Bublé Returns to Central Florida Feb 2019 with Shows in Orlando and Tampa - November 18, 2018
- The Central Florida International Auto Show Rolls Into Orlando Thanksgiving Weekend + Ticket #Giveaway - November 14, 2018
- Backstreet Boys Return to Orlando with Amway Center Show Aug 24, 2019 @backstreetboys @amwaycenter - November 13, 2018
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces #HAMILTON Single Ticket On Sale Date For Orlando Shows @drphillipsctr - November 12, 2018
- Orlando Science Center to Host Thanksgiving Break Camps for Kids Nov 19-21, 2018 - November 12, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up – November 10: Urbain 40, Ford’s Garage, Taverna Opa, and More - November 10, 2018
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Welcomes Conductor Laura Jackson for Tchaikovsky & Mozart - November 8, 2018
- Get Your DIY On at Maker Faire Orlando November 10-11 #OrlandoMakers - November 6, 2018
- KIDZ BOP Weekend Returns to LEGOLAND Florida Nov 10-12, 2018 #BuiltForKids - November 3, 2018
- Festival Of Trees Returns to Orlando Museum Of Art Nov 10-18, 2018 @omaorlando - November 2, 2018