During this weekend’s AutoNation Cure Bowl at the Orlando Citrus Bowl, the company presented a $1 million check to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF).
The largest corporate charitable gift ever presented as part of a college Bowl Game, the check was presented by Mike Jackson, the company’s Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President, and his wife Alice Jackson, to Myra Biblowit, President and Chief Executive Officer of the BCRF.
In 2013, AutoNation shifted its charitable focus to aiding in finding a cure for cancer by increasing the attention placed on research, awareness and preventative measures. Since then, AutoNation has raised $5 million for cancer related charities.
BCRF is this year’s largest private funder of breast cancer research in the world. BCRF is also the highest rated breast cancer organization in the U.S. with an A+ rating from CharityWatch and the top four-star rating from Charity Navigator. Visit bcrfcure.org to learn more.
And in case you were wondering about the game, San Jose State defeated Georgia State 27-16.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2020 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #Grilling - July 1, 2020
- The Bourne Stuntacular to Grand Open at Universal Orlando June 30, 2020 with Sneak Peek Online June 29 .. #UniversalOrlando #BourneStuntacular #ThemeParkNews - June 29, 2020
- Florida Suspends Alcohol Consumption at Bars Again Due to COVID-19 .. #FloridaBars #DoYourPart - June 28, 2020
- Orange County Florida Launches New “Safer, Stronger, Together” Campaign for Businesses & Residents to Combat COVID-19 Spread .. #DoYourPartORL #VisitOrlando @OrangeCoFL - June 27, 2020
- Walt Disney World to Give Magic Kingdom’s Splash Mountain New ‘The Princess and the Frog’ Theme .. #WaltDisneyWorld #SplashMountain #ThePrincessandtheFrog #Tiana - June 26, 2020
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to Host ‘MLS is Back’ Tournament This Summer .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ESPN #WWoS #MLSisBack #Soccer - June 21, 2020
- Walt Disney World Cancels Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for 2020 .. #Disney #MNSSHP #Halloween - June 20, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2020 .. #FathersDay #VisitOrlando #OrlandoRestaurants - June 18, 2020
- Gatorland Offers Special Florida Resident Rates Through June 30, 2020 .. #Gatorland #FLResident - June 15, 2020
- Annual Pulse Remembrance Ceremony Goes Online for 2020 .. #PulseMemorial #PulseRemembrance #49Angels - June 9, 2020