At a press conference yesterday, it was announced that the U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team would be coming to Orlando on October 25 to take on Brazil at the Citrus Bowl.
The game is part of a 10-match victory tour to celebrate the USA team winning the World Cup title this summer in Canada, and the Orlando game will be broadcast nationally on cable’s FOX Sports 1. Kickoff is at 3pm.
Orlando City president Phil Rawlins, Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer and Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs were all on hand for the big announcement.
“Central Florida continues to grow into an international hub for professional soccer and it’s a great honor for us to host the FIFA Women’s World Cup Champions with our partners,” said Orlando City Founder and President Phil Rawlins. “Considering the massive support for top-caliber soccer in Central Florida, we will continue evaluating all opportunities to bring the highest levels of the sport to the market.”
“We’re so excited that the world-champion U.S. Women’s Soccer team and their Brazilian counterparts are coming to Central Florida,” said Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs. “The physical fitness and capabilities of these athletes is simply remarkable, and their commitment to teamwork sets a wonderful example for us all – especially for our young people. It’s such an honor to have been selected as the location as part of their Victory Tour. I can’t wait to help fill the Citrus Bowl on October 25th for these world-class athletes.”
Tickets for the U.S. vs. Brazil game go on sale Friday, August 21 at 10am through ussoccer.com. Orlando City Season Ticket Members will receive a special pre-sale offer for this match. Tickets will also available at all Ticketmaster ticket centers, as well as in person at the Amway Center ticket box office.
Fans will also have the opportunity to enjoy the weekend as part of the U.S. Soccer Delegation in a four-day U.S. Soccer VIP Experience (Oct. 23-26). The VIP Experience includes premium match seats and Ultimate Fan Ticket, accommodations at the official U.S. Soccer hotel, VIP access to a WNT training, dinner with U.S. Soccer leadership, gifts and more. Part of the cost to participate is a tax-deductible donation and proceeds from the VIP Experience support U.S. Soccer development programs. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Out and About: ‘Ain’t Too Proud’ at Dr. Phillips Center in Orlando .. @AintTooProud @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoArts #BroadwayInOrlando #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - January 26, 2022
- PirateFest Weekends Return to LEGOLAND Florida Starting Jan 22, 2022 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #PirateFest #BuiltForKids - January 19, 2022
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of The Temptations’ At Dr. Phillips Center Jan 25-30, 2022 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @AintTooProud #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - January 17, 2022
- Music Headliners Announced for 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival .. #WaltDisneyWorld #EPCOT #GardenRocksConcerts - January 15, 2022
- Universal Orlando Announces Headliner Concerts for Mardi Gras 2022 .. @UniversalORL #UniversalOrlando #MardiGras #OrlandoConcerts - January 14, 2022
- Actor/Comedian Bob Saget Passes Away in Orlando at 65 .. #BobSaget - January 9, 2022
- Out and About: Live Entertainment and a New Menu Return to Mango’s Tropical Café in Orlando .. #MangosOrlando #IDrive @OrlandoMangos - December 13, 2021
- Opera Orlando Presents ‘The Secret River’ World Premiere at Dr. Phillips Center Dec. 17-19, 2021 .. #OperaOrlando #TheSecretRiver #DrPhillipsCenter - December 10, 2021
- Out and About: Hawkers Asian Street Food Has Fun New Cocktails for the 2021 Holidays .. #EatHawkers #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoDrinks - December 9, 2021
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021