At a press conference yesterday, it was announced that the U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team would be coming to Orlando on October 25 to take on Brazil at the Citrus Bowl.
The game is part of a 10-match victory tour to celebrate the USA team winning the World Cup title this summer in Canada, and the Orlando game will be broadcast nationally on cable’s FOX Sports 1. Kickoff is at 3pm.
Orlando City president Phil Rawlins, Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer and Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs were all on hand for the big announcement.
“Central Florida continues to grow into an international hub for professional soccer and it’s a great honor for us to host the FIFA Women’s World Cup Champions with our partners,” said Orlando City Founder and President Phil Rawlins. “Considering the massive support for top-caliber soccer in Central Florida, we will continue evaluating all opportunities to bring the highest levels of the sport to the market.”
“We’re so excited that the world-champion U.S. Women’s Soccer team and their Brazilian counterparts are coming to Central Florida,” said Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs. “The physical fitness and capabilities of these athletes is simply remarkable, and their commitment to teamwork sets a wonderful example for us all – especially for our young people. It’s such an honor to have been selected as the location as part of their Victory Tour. I can’t wait to help fill the Citrus Bowl on October 25th for these world-class athletes.”
Tickets for the U.S. vs. Brazil game go on sale Friday, August 21 at 10am through ussoccer.com. Orlando City Season Ticket Members will receive a special pre-sale offer for this match. Tickets will also available at all Ticketmaster ticket centers, as well as in person at the Amway Center ticket box office.
Fans will also have the opportunity to enjoy the weekend as part of the U.S. Soccer Delegation in a four-day U.S. Soccer VIP Experience (Oct. 23-26). The VIP Experience includes premium match seats and Ultimate Fan Ticket, accommodations at the official U.S. Soccer hotel, VIP access to a WNT training, dinner with U.S. Soccer leadership, gifts and more. Part of the cost to participate is a tax-deductible donation and proceeds from the VIP Experience support U.S. Soccer development programs. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Discovery Cove Orlando Offers Florida Residents 30% Savings for a Limited Time @DiscoveryCove - June 23, 2019
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy – Awesome Mix Live!’ Returns to #Epcot For Summer Fun and Eats #Disney #Marvel - June 22, 2019
- Walt Disney World Raises Prices for Annual Passes Ahead of ‘Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge’ Opening - June 18, 2019
- Iration to Bring ‘Live From Paradise!’ Tour to Central Florida for Two Shows July 2019 @Iration - June 17, 2019
- Out and About: ‘Toy Story Drop!’ Summer Pop-Up Experience Opens at #Disney Springs - June 16, 2019
- Pointe Orlando Announces Upcoming ‘Tranformative Redevelopment’ @PointeOrlando - June 15, 2019
- Disney Springs Offers ‘Flavors of Florida’ Promotion This Summer @DisneySprings #DisneyDining - June 14, 2019
- Sonny’s BBQ Launches Limited Time Smoke & Fire Menu for Summer @SonnysBBQ - June 11, 2019
- The Fortress at Full Sail University Hosts NBA 2K League Presents THE TICKET June 13-15 @NBA2KLeague @FullSail - June 10, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2019 #FathersDay - June 9, 2019