The Orlando Eye has reopened this afternoon, after a malfunction yesterday left 66 riders stuck on the attraction.
The Eye opened again around noon today, with the following statement posted to the attraction’s Twitter feed:
The Orlando Eye has now reopened. Statement: pic.twitter.com/4W4ud5aQaP
— The Orlando Eye (@theorlandoeye) July 4, 2015
Yesterday’s incident occurred at about 3:45pm, leaving riders to wait it out with the hot afternoon sun shining on them. No word if the air condiditioning was working within the gondolas while the ride wasn’t moving.
Reportedly the operators used a backup generator to bring the gondolas back to the ride platform so guests could get off. No injuries were recorded.
The Orlando Eye opened May 4, and since then has had a few technical difficulties incidents.
The 4th of July festivities will go on as planned tonight and tomorrow.
- THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD to Open at LEGOLAND Florida in 2019 - May 24, 2018
- Electric Ocean Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Memorial Day Weekend - May 23, 2018
- Orlando Officially Named Host City For 2022 Special Olympics USA Games - May 21, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup May 19, 2018: Taste Central Florida, Habit Burger, Hopdoddy Burger Bar, and More - May 19, 2018
- IAAPA Breaks Ground on New International Headquarters in Orlando - May 18, 2018
- MEGACON Orlando to give First Look at New Madame Tussauds’ Justice League Exhibit - May 16, 2018
- Headliners Announced for Rock the Universe 2018 at Universal Orlando - May 14, 2018
- Out and About: Orlando Welcomes 72 Million Visitors in 2017 #VisitOrlando - May 11, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating Mother’s Day 2018 - May 10, 2018
- Schedule Announced for Sunset Music Festival in Tampa May 26-27, 2018 #SMF2018 - May 9, 2018