The Orlando Eye has reopened this afternoon, after a malfunction yesterday left 66 riders stuck on the attraction.
The Eye opened again around noon today, with the following statement posted to the attraction’s Twitter feed:
The Orlando Eye has now reopened. Statement: pic.twitter.com/4W4ud5aQaP
— The Orlando Eye (@theorlandoeye) July 4, 2015
Yesterday’s incident occurred at about 3:45pm, leaving riders to wait it out with the hot afternoon sun shining on them. No word if the air condiditioning was working within the gondolas while the ride wasn’t moving.
Reportedly the operators used a backup generator to bring the gondolas back to the ride platform so guests could get off. No injuries were recorded.
The Orlando Eye opened May 4, and since then has had a few technical difficulties incidents.
The 4th of July festivities will go on as planned tonight and tomorrow.
- SeaWorld Parks and Busch Gardens Offer Free Admission To U.S. Veterans And Families - May 22, 2019
- Madonna Brings Madame X Tour to Miami for 5 Dates in December 2019 #Madonna - May 21, 2019
- Tickets Now Available for #NBA Experience Opening this Summer at #DisneySprings - May 20, 2019
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Partners with Rocket Mortgage to Honor Apollo 11 Crew @ExploreSpaceKSC - May 19, 2019
- Universal Orlando Offers First Look at Hagrid from Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Ride #HarryPotter #WizardingWorldOrlando - May 18, 2019
- Reggaeton Icon J Balvin to Play @AmwayCenter September 2019 - May 17, 2019
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2019 #Epcot Food & Wine Festival at #WaltDisneyWorld - May 16, 2019
- INCUBUS Brings 20th Anniversary Tour to Dr. Phillips Center Nov 2019 - May 15, 2019
- TODAY Show to Live Broadcast the Grand Opening of #TODAYCafe at #UniversalOrlando @TODAYshow - May 14, 2019
- M•A•C Cosmetics to Host World Premiere Event for Disney’s Aladdin Collection at #DisneySprings @MACCosmetics - May 14, 2019