If you’re of a certain age, or have listened to an oldies radio station in the last 20 years, there’s a very good chance you know the songs of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.
The “Jersey Boys” musical covers decades of time from the creation of the music group, their chart topping songs, concert tours, and eventual falling apart. A story that could write itself if it wasn’t also true.
A touring production of the musical just pulled into the Dr. Phillips Center and we were invited to opening night.
They were just four guys from Jersey—until they sang their very first note.
They had a sound nobody had ever heard and the radio just couldn’t get enough of. But while their harmonies were perfect onstage, offstage it was a very different story—a story that has made them an international sensation all over again.
Go behind the music and inside the story of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons in the Tony Award®–winning true-life musical phenomenon, Jersey Boys. From the streets of New Jersey to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, this is the musical that’s just too good to be true.
Featuring the legendary top-ten hits “Sherry”, “Big Girls Don’t Cry”, “Walk Like A Man”, “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You”, and “December, 1963 (Oh What A Night)”.
Tony Award®–winning true-life musical phenomenon Jersey Boys kicks off the 2018-2019 FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando Season at Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts Oct 30-Nov 4, 2018.
Go behind the music and inside the story of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. From the streets of New Jersey to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, this musical gives a historical look at the iconic band.
Jersey Boys is currently playing Orlando at the Bob Carr P.A.C., and you can meet members of the cast at The Orlando Repertory Theatre on Thursday, April 24.
Cast members will sign autographs, take photos, and talk about the show and life on the road during this event.
It will take place from 5pm to 6pm, and it is free to attend.
The Orlando Repertory Theatre is located at 1001 E. Princeton St in Orlando’s Loch Haven Park.
The 2013-14 Broadway season in Orlando was announced this week, and it includes several Tony award-winners.
Here is a rundown of the scheduled shows:
- The Book of Mormon from October 29 through November 10, 2013. This nine-time Tony winning musical was written by “South Park” creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker, and it tells the story of two naive Mormon missionaries who travel to AIDS-ravaged Uganda. They learn lessons about religion, humanity, and friendship in often comical ways.
- Flashdance the Musical from December 3-8, 2013. This musical is based on the hit 1980s movie of the same name. It features 16 new songs.
- Once from January 28 through February 2, 2014. This is based on the film of the same name, about a Dublin street musician who is about to give up his dreams when a quirky young woman takes interest in him and his music. This took home eight awards at the 2012 Tonys.
- War Horse from February 25 – March 2, 2014. Based on the movie, the show is set in 1914 England, where a young boy’s beloved horse is sent to the troops fighting in World War I. This production features life-size horse puppets and won 5 awards at the 2011 Tonys.
- Evita from March 25-30, 2014. This award-winning Andrew Lloyd Webber musical follows the rise and fall of Argentina’s Eva Peron. It was recently revived on Broadway, and is now hitting the road again.
- Ghost from May 13-18, 2014. Based on the 1990 movie starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore, this musical version tells the story of a love that transcend’s death.
2013-14 series tickets range from $196 to $668, depending on performance time, day of week and seating location selected, and feature all six of the above shows. To order, call 800-448-6322 or go to OrlandoBroadway.com. Individual show tickets will be available at a later date.
There will also be two additional musical shows that are not included in the series ticket package. Mamma Mia!, based on the music of Abba, will run October 3-9, 2013. Jersey Boys, which tells the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, will run April 15-27, 2014.
All shows will be performed at the Bob Carr Performing Arts Centre, and are presented by the Florida Theatrical Association.