The theater production of Once is currently playing at the Bob Carr P.A.C., and on January 30, cast members from the show will be making an appearance at the Orlando Repertory Theatre.
The cast members will sign autographs, take pictures, and talk about life on the road during this free event, which runs from 5pm-6pm.
For more information call 407-704-6123.
The Orlando Repertory Theatre is located at 1001 E. Princeton St (at Loch Haven Park) in Orlando.
The 2013-14 Broadway season in Orlando was announced this week, and it includes several Tony award-winners.
Here is a rundown of the scheduled shows:
- The Book of Mormon from October 29 through November 10, 2013. This nine-time Tony winning musical was written by “South Park” creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker, and it tells the story of two naive Mormon missionaries who travel to AIDS-ravaged Uganda. They learn lessons about religion, humanity, and friendship in often comical ways.
- Flashdance the Musical from December 3-8, 2013. This musical is based on the hit 1980s movie of the same name. It features 16 new songs.
- Once from January 28 through February 2, 2014. This is based on the film of the same name, about a Dublin street musician who is about to give up his dreams when a quirky young woman takes interest in him and his music. This took home eight awards at the 2012 Tonys.
- War Horse from February 25 – March 2, 2014. Based on the movie, the show is set in 1914 England, where a young boy’s beloved horse is sent to the troops fighting in World War I. This production features life-size horse puppets and won 5 awards at the 2011 Tonys.
- Evita from March 25-30, 2014. This award-winning Andrew Lloyd Webber musical follows the rise and fall of Argentina’s Eva Peron. It was recently revived on Broadway, and is now hitting the road again.
- Ghost from May 13-18, 2014. Based on the 1990 movie starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore, this musical version tells the story of a love that transcend’s death.
2013-14 series tickets range from $196 to $668, depending on performance time, day of week and seating location selected, and feature all six of the above shows. To order, call 800-448-6322 or go to OrlandoBroadway.com. Individual show tickets will be available at a later date.
There will also be two additional musical shows that are not included in the series ticket package. Mamma Mia!, based on the music of Abba, will run October 3-9, 2013. Jersey Boys, which tells the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, will run April 15-27, 2014.
All shows will be performed at the Bob Carr Performing Arts Centre, and are presented by the Florida Theatrical Association.