The 2013-14 Broadway season in Orlando was announced this week, and it includes several Tony award-winners.
Here is a rundown of the scheduled shows:
- The Book of Mormon from October 29 through November 10, 2013. This nine-time Tony winning musical was written by “South Park” creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker, and it tells the story of two naive Mormon missionaries who travel to AIDS-ravaged Uganda. They learn lessons about religion, humanity, and friendship in often comical ways.
- Flashdance the Musical from December 3-8, 2013. This musical is based on the hit 1980s movie of the same name. It features 16 new songs.
- Once from January 28 through February 2, 2014. This is based on the film of the same name, about a Dublin street musician who is about to give up his dreams when a quirky young woman takes interest in him and his music. This took home eight awards at the 2012 Tonys.
- War Horse from February 25 – March 2, 2014. Based on the movie, the show is set in 1914 England, where a young boy’s beloved horse is sent to the troops fighting in World War I. This production features life-size horse puppets and won 5 awards at the 2011 Tonys.
- Evita from March 25-30, 2014. This award-winning Andrew Lloyd Webber musical follows the rise and fall of Argentina’s Eva Peron. It was recently revived on Broadway, and is now hitting the road again.
- Ghost from May 13-18, 2014. Based on the 1990 movie starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore, this musical version tells the story of a love that transcend’s death.
2013-14 series tickets range from $196 to $668, depending on performance time, day of week and seating location selected, and feature all six of the above shows. To order, call 800-448-6322 or go to OrlandoBroadway.com. Individual show tickets will be available at a later date.
There will also be two additional musical shows that are not included in the series ticket package. Mamma Mia!, based on the music of Abba, will run October 3-9, 2013. Jersey Boys, which tells the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, will run April 15-27, 2014.
All shows will be performed at the Bob Carr Performing Arts Centre, and are presented by the Florida Theatrical Association.
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando 2023: What You Need to Know - March 16, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023