The 2013-14 Broadway season in Orlando was announced this week, and it includes several Tony award-winners.
Here is a rundown of the scheduled shows:
- The Book of Mormon from October 29 through November 10, 2013. This nine-time Tony winning musical was written by “South Park” creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker, and it tells the story of two naive Mormon missionaries who travel to AIDS-ravaged Uganda. They learn lessons about religion, humanity, and friendship in often comical ways.
- Flashdance the Musical from December 3-8, 2013. This musical is based on the hit 1980s movie of the same name. It features 16 new songs.
- Once from January 28 through February 2, 2014. This is based on the film of the same name, about a Dublin street musician who is about to give up his dreams when a quirky young woman takes interest in him and his music. This took home eight awards at the 2012 Tonys.
- War Horse from February 25 – March 2, 2014. Based on the movie, the show is set in 1914 England, where a young boy’s beloved horse is sent to the troops fighting in World War I. This production features life-size horse puppets and won 5 awards at the 2011 Tonys.
- Evita from March 25-30, 2014. This award-winning Andrew Lloyd Webber musical follows the rise and fall of Argentina’s Eva Peron. It was recently revived on Broadway, and is now hitting the road again.
- Ghost from May 13-18, 2014. Based on the 1990 movie starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore, this musical version tells the story of a love that transcend’s death.
2013-14 series tickets range from $196 to $668, depending on performance time, day of week and seating location selected, and feature all six of the above shows. To order, call 800-448-6322 or go to OrlandoBroadway.com. Individual show tickets will be available at a later date.
There will also be two additional musical shows that are not included in the series ticket package. Mamma Mia!, based on the music of Abba, will run October 3-9, 2013. Jersey Boys, which tells the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, will run April 15-27, 2014.
All shows will be performed at the Bob Carr Performing Arts Centre, and are presented by the Florida Theatrical Association.
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022
- Give Kids The World’s ‘Night of a Million Lights’ Returns for Third Year at Island H2O - November 1, 2022
- Out and About: ‘Hamilton’ Schools the Dr. Phillips Center on Some History - October 28, 2022