Disney has finally released a launch date for the MagicBand+, and it will debut at Walt Disney World on Wednesday, July 27.
What Is MagicBand+?
This new evolution can do all the things the regular MagicBand can do, from entering theme parks with a tap* and connecting your Disney PhotoPass memories, to unlocking your Disney Resort hotel room and more.
But this new wearable device adds fun new features, like color-changing lights, vibrations, and gesture recognition at select shows. MagicBand+ will light up and vibrate in sync with fireworks, visual effects, and music at “Disney Enchantment” at Magic Kingdom Park and “Harmonious” at EPCOT.
It also pairs to your smartphone using the My Disney Experience app at Walt Disney World.
Disney Fab 50 Quest
Another highlight of the MagicBand+ is it can interact with the Disney Fab 50 Character Collection throughout all four theme parks.
As part of the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebration, the MagicBand+ can use Tinker Bell’s virtual Pixie Dust to bring the sculptures to life.
Actres Jodi Benson, the original voice of Ariel in “The Little Mermaid,” recently got to try out the “Disney Fab 50 Quest” with her MagicBand+:
To unlock even more during your quest, use the Play Disney Parks app to collect the sculptures and enter the worlds of your favorite characters through an augmented reality feature.
Play Star Wars: Batuu Bounty Hunters
There’s also a fun game for Star Wars fans to play called the “Star Wars: Batuu Bounty Hunters” experience.
Seek virtual bounties hidden across Black Spire Outpost, and your MagicBand+ will emit vibrations and lights to guide you.
When you find your Bounty, you can use the Play Disney Parks app’s augmented reality thermal viewer to reveal who’s hiding in the shadows, then collect your credits from local guild master Raga Bua.
Getting a MagicBand+
All guests can buy MagicBand+ at select locations at Walt Disney World starting at $34.99 including:
- Magic Kingdom Park: Emporium
- EPCOT: Pin Traders – Camera Center
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Celebrity 5 & 10 and Tatooine Traders
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park: Discovery Trading Company
- Disney Springs: Disney’s Pin Traders
- Select merchandise locations at Disney Resort hotels
Disney Resort Guests and Annual Passholders can get discounts.
I haven’t had the chance to try one yet, but when I do, I’ll let you know what it’s like.
If you’ve already been using a MagicBand, will you be upgrading? Let me know in the comments.
- Places to Donate on Giving Tuesday 2022 in Central Florida - November 29, 2022
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022