SeaWorld Orlando has released new photos of its roller coaster Ice Breaker, which is now set to open in February 2022.
Ice Breaker will be located near SeaWorld’s Wild Arctic exhibit and share a similar theme, promoting conservation issues related to the Arctic and the ocean.
Named after the icy Arctic summits, Ice Breaker will feature four launches, both backwards and forwards, culminating in a reverse launch into the steepest beyond vertical drop in Florida — a 93-foot-tall spike with 100-degree angle.
It will have a 48-inch height requirement.
Here are the new photos of the coaster, with testing bags in the seats:
The coaster was first teased in 2019, and was due to open in 2020, but of course the pandemic delayed those plans.
“We recognize there was a lot of anticipation and excitement for this new ride, and then due to the unprecedented challenges of the last two years, the opening was delayed.” said park President Kyle Miller in a press release.
“We apologize for this delay and thank our fans for their patience. We know that they are going to love this one-of-a-kind thrill ride which complements our existing exhilarating ride portfolio perfectly. We are excited to finally be able to confirm Ice Breaker opening in February 2022.”
Back in 2019, I got to attend a special media preview of the ride car at the industry event IAAPA, and here are a few close-ups I took of the vehicle:
As soon as I hear of previews, or an exact opening date, I’ll let you know.
Are you excited to ride Ice Breaker when it opens?
[Photos (except last two): SeaWorld Parks]
- Universal Orlando Reveals Mardi Gras 2023 Details Including Live Concert Line-Up - January 17, 2023
- ‘Wicked’ Returns To Orlando’s Dr Phillips Center For Extended Engagement Jan 25–Feb 12, 2023 - January 16, 2023
- The ‘Riverdance’ 25th Anniversary Show Dances into Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center Jan 20-22, 2023 - January 12, 2023
- Walt Disney World News: Opening Date for ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’, Nighttime Shows Returning, and Updates for Guests and Passholders - January 10, 2023
- Chase Padgett Brings Acclaimed ‘6 Guitars’ Show to Orlando’s Renaissance Theatre Company January 6-29, 2023 - January 4, 2023
- Daytona Boat Show Returns to Daytona International Speedway Jan 13-15, 2023 - January 3, 2023
- ‘Tina – The Tina Turner Musical’ Rocks Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center Jan 10-15, 2023 - January 2, 2023
- Out And About: A New Publix Has Opened at Town Center at O-Town West - January 1, 2023
- The Wheel at ICON Park Evacuated After Power Outage on New Year’s Eve - January 1, 2023
- “Jurassic World Live Tour” Roars Into Orlando’s Amway Center Jan 13-16, 2023 + We Have a Discount Code! - December 30, 2022