The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art in Winter Park has announced a new Spring exhibition of American portraiture and a series of free Friday nights with live music.
The museum, home to the world’s most comprehensive collection of works by American artist and designer Louis Comfort Tiffany, is normally worth a visit on its own, but these upcoming events…and free admission nights…make it a can’t miss night out.
The complete listing of the Morse’s spring events is as follows:
Opening March 3, “Selected Portraits from the Morse Collection‘ will feature portraits from the Museum’s American paintings collection that disclose a subtler, but no less distinguished, quality of the Morse’s repository of American art from the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Through April, admission is free to the museum on Fridays from 4-8pm. Plus, starting March 6, there will be live music on some of those nights, starting at 5pm:
- March 6 – “48” Strings (harp and violin)
- March 13 – Orlando Violin Music (cello, viola, and violin)
- March 27 – Victoria Lynn Schultz Harp Trio (Celtic harp, flute, and violin)
- April 3 – Beautiful Music Chamber Quartet (cello, flute, viola, and violin)
- April 17 – Beautiful Music Quintessential Woodwind Quintet (cello, clarinet, flute, horn, and oboe)
- April 24 – Beautiful Music Paint It Black Orchestra (bass, cello, flute, and violins
In addition to the music on those Friday nights, the Morse will offer tours of Louis Comfort Tiffany’s Laurelton Hall at 7pm. The April 17 programming includes a family tour of selected galleries and an art talk on the fundamentals of art conservation. Participants receive a free take-home art activity while supplies last.
Finally, the museum will host Open Houses the Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival (March 20 through 22), and Easter Weekend (April 10 through 12).
The Museum, located at 445 N. Park Avenue, is owned and operated by the Charles Hosmer Morse Foundation and receives additional support from the Elizabeth Morse Genius Foundation. It receives no public funds.
Regular admission is $6 for adults, $5 for seniors, $1 for students, and free for children younger than 12. Visit morsemuseum.org for more information.
[image: c. 1916 daffodils window by Tiffany Studios courtesy The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art]
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular 2020 Kicks Off Sept 19 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #Spooktacular - September 17, 2020
- Universal Orlando to Test Two Halloween Horror Nights Houses This Weekend .. @UniversalOrlando #HHN - September 15, 2020
- TENET is Playing Orlando Theaters + Win a Pair of Fandango Tickets .. #TENET #Giveaway - September 14, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For September 12, 2020: Florida Bars Reopen, MX Taco, The Monroe Orlando, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - September 12, 2020
- Orlando Shakes Hosts Free Online Preview of PlayFest 2020 on Sept 12 .. @OrlandoShakes #OrlandoArts - September 10, 2020
- Cannes Short Film Festival to Screen Orlando Ballet Documentary Starting Sept 13 .. @OrlandoBallet #OrlandoArts - September 9, 2020
- Orlando Main Streets Launches ‘Local Orlando’ Visitors’ Guide .. @OrlMainStreets - September 7, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando Offers Free Admission for Florida K-12 Teachers Through August 2021 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #TeacherDiscounts - September 6, 2020
- Teak Neighborhood Grill Hosts 2nd Annual “Burger World Tour” with $5 Burgers .. @TeakOrlando #OrlandoRestaurants #Burgers - September 5, 2020
- Orlando Magic Team Up with City of Orlando to Turn Amway Center Into Early Voting Center and Mail Ballot Drop-Off Location .. @CityBeautiful @AmwayCenter @OrlandoMagic #Voting - September 3, 2020