Epcot will soon have a new table-service restaurant next to Mission: SPACE called Space 220, and it’s going to be an out-of-this-world dining experience.
As you enter the restaurant, you’ll step into a special space elevator that will take you 220 miles above the earth’s surface into space to dock next to the Centauri Space Station suspended just beyond the orbit of Mission: SPACE.
Along the way, viewports will give you a real-time perspective as you travel high above the planet.
You’ll then be guided to your seats past the grow zone, a spinning wall of produce that mimics Earth’s gravity and represents some of the fresh ingredients used by the restaurant’s culinary team.
After you place your order, enjoy your meal while taking in views that are truly out of this world.
The menu hasn’t been released yet, but the official Disney dining page says it will be “a menu featuring modern American cuisine, more than 1,000 bottles of the world’s finest wines, and a wide selection of craft beer.” Plans are for it to open this winter, and valid park admission is required to dine here.
As an astronomy and Mission: SPACE fan, I’m looking forward to experiencing this created environment. How about you?
[Images courtesy of Disney Parks]
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating National Margarita Day Feb 22, 2020 .. #NationalMargaritaDay - February 21, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces the FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando 2020/2021 Season .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 20, 2020
- The Masked Singer National Tour Comes to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center This Summer .. #TheMaskedSinger @DrPhillipsCtr - February 17, 2020
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020