The American Pavilion at Epcot will soon have a new restaurant called Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue, and we have the first details.
The new fast-casual restaurant will serve classic barbecue from America’s various BBQ regions, and home-style craft brews, in the courtyard, with outdoor seating.
The restaurant takes its name from the All-American Muppet Sam Eagle, known for his patriotism and strict sense of duty and honor. He takes all things seriously … and barbecue is certainly one of those things.
Regal Eagle Smokehouse will be the site for “Sam’s Centennial Cook-Off: A Salute to All Cook-Offs but Mostly Barbecue.” Described as “a competition fit for all patriots and pit masters,” it brings in a variety of classic backyard barbecue selections from across the country to vie for Sam’s top honor.
The menu will feature items like a sliced Texas beef brisket sandwich with house-made spicy mop sauce on garlic toast, a South Carolina smoked sausage sandwich with tangy mustard sauce and caramelized onions, Kansas City smoked chicken, Memphis dry-rub pork ribs, and North Carolina chopped smoked pork butt, all available by themselves or as part of a delicious hearty platter.
There will also be a grilled burger topped with BBQ pork and a fried onion ring, and a Power Greens Salad with chilled pulled chicken, fresh citrus, and a citrus vinaigrette.
Regal Eagle Smokehouse will even feature a plant-based BBQ burger topped with BBQ jackfruit, served on vegan garlic toast.
They haven’t forgotten the classic sides either…french fries, beer-battered onion rings, mac and cheese, baked beans with burnt ends, house-made pickles, and creamy slaw are on the menu, too.
Beverages offerings will include a selection of beer and cider from around the country, wines from the west coast, and specialty regional cocktails with and without alcohol.
According to Walt Disney World, the restaurant will open by Spring 2020.
[Images courtesy of Disney Parks]
- Disney’s ALADDIN Tour Members To Host ‘SONGS FROM A WHOLE NEW WORLD’ Benefit on Jan 27, 2020 .. @aladdin - January 18, 2020
- Christian Music Fest ‘Rock The Universe’ Returns to Universal Orlando Jan 24-25, 2020 .. #RocktheUniverse @UniversalOrlando - January 17, 2020
- Central Florida Fair to Add New Livestock and Event Pavilion .. @CentralFLFair - January 17, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces the Orlando Returns of ‘Hamilton’ and ‘Wicked’ .. #OrlandoBroadwaySeries @DrPhillipsCtr @HamiltonMusical @WICKED_Musical #FAIRWINDSBway - January 16, 2020
- Frontier Airlines Announces Plans for OIA Maintenance Hangar and Opens Training Facility in Orlando .. @FlyFrontier @MCO - January 16, 2020
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2020 Events in Central Florida .. #MLK2020 #MLKDay - January 15, 2020
- Blake Shelton’s Ole Red Orlando Restaurant to Open at ICON Park in April 2020 .. @OleRedOrlando @BlakeShelton - January 15, 2020
- Three New Film Experiences Coming to Epcot January 17, 2020 .. #Epcot @WaltDisneyWorld - January 14, 2020
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Announces New Executive Director .. @OrlandoPhilOrch - January 14, 2020
- Jesse Cook Returns to Orlando with Show at Plaza Live on Jan 19, 2020 .. @JesseCookHQ @LivePlaza - January 13, 2020