The American Pavilion at Epcot will soon have a new restaurant called Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue, and we have the first details.
The new fast-casual restaurant will serve classic barbecue from America’s various BBQ regions, and home-style craft brews, in the courtyard, with outdoor seating.
The restaurant takes its name from the All-American Muppet Sam Eagle, known for his patriotism and strict sense of duty and honor. He takes all things seriously … and barbecue is certainly one of those things.
Regal Eagle Smokehouse will be the site for “Sam’s Centennial Cook-Off: A Salute to All Cook-Offs but Mostly Barbecue.” Described as “a competition fit for all patriots and pit masters,” it brings in a variety of classic backyard barbecue selections from across the country to vie for Sam’s top honor.
The menu will feature items like a sliced Texas beef brisket sandwich with house-made spicy mop sauce on garlic toast, a South Carolina smoked sausage sandwich with tangy mustard sauce and caramelized onions, Kansas City smoked chicken, Memphis dry-rub pork ribs, and North Carolina chopped smoked pork butt, all available by themselves or as part of a delicious hearty platter.
There will also be a grilled burger topped with BBQ pork and a fried onion ring, and a Power Greens Salad with chilled pulled chicken, fresh citrus, and a citrus vinaigrette.
Regal Eagle Smokehouse will even feature a plant-based BBQ burger topped with BBQ jackfruit, served on vegan garlic toast.
They haven’t forgotten the classic sides either…french fries, beer-battered onion rings, mac and cheese, baked beans with burnt ends, house-made pickles, and creamy slaw are on the menu, too.
Beverages offerings will include a selection of beer and cider from around the country, wines from the west coast, and specialty regional cocktails with and without alcohol.
According to Walt Disney World, the restaurant will open by Spring 2020.
[Images courtesy of Disney Parks]
- Daytona Lagoon in Daytona Beach Launches Summer Character Series June 4, 2023 - May 30, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center to Host Broadway’s ‘Into the Woods’ For Only Florida Shows June 6-11, 2023 - May 28, 2023
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023