The American Pavilion at Epcot will soon have a new restaurant called Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue, and we have the first details.
The new fast-casual restaurant will serve classic barbecue from America’s various BBQ regions, and home-style craft brews, in the courtyard, with outdoor seating.
The restaurant takes its name from the All-American Muppet Sam Eagle, known for his patriotism and strict sense of duty and honor. He takes all things seriously … and barbecue is certainly one of those things.
Regal Eagle Smokehouse will be the site for “Sam’s Centennial Cook-Off: A Salute to All Cook-Offs but Mostly Barbecue.” Described as “a competition fit for all patriots and pit masters,” it brings in a variety of classic backyard barbecue selections from across the country to vie for Sam’s top honor.
The menu will feature items like a sliced Texas beef brisket sandwich with house-made spicy mop sauce on garlic toast, a South Carolina smoked sausage sandwich with tangy mustard sauce and caramelized onions, Kansas City smoked chicken, Memphis dry-rub pork ribs, and North Carolina chopped smoked pork butt, all available by themselves or as part of a delicious hearty platter.
There will also be a grilled burger topped with BBQ pork and a fried onion ring, and a Power Greens Salad with chilled pulled chicken, fresh citrus, and a citrus vinaigrette.
Regal Eagle Smokehouse will even feature a plant-based BBQ burger topped with BBQ jackfruit, served on vegan garlic toast.
They haven’t forgotten the classic sides either…french fries, beer-battered onion rings, mac and cheese, baked beans with burnt ends, house-made pickles, and creamy slaw are on the menu, too.
Beverages offerings will include a selection of beer and cider from around the country, wines from the west coast, and specialty regional cocktails with and without alcohol.
According to Walt Disney World, the restaurant will open by Spring 2020.
[Images courtesy of Disney Parks]
- Walt Disney World Lays Off Over 700 Entertainers and How You Can Help - October 29, 2020
- Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights Offers 2021 Sneak Peek with Greg Nicotero .. #HalloweenHorrorNights #HHN2021 - October 28, 2020
- Dr Phillips Center to Host Six-Month Outdoor ‘Front Yard Festival’ in Downtown Orlando .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoArts #FrontYardFestival - October 27, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Halloween 2020 In Central Florida .. #OrlandoHalloween #LoveOrlando - October 23, 2020
- Plaza Live Launches Outdoor ‘Front Porch Concerts’ Series .. #OrlandoArts #PlazaLiveOrlando - October 22, 2020
- Out and About: Burger World Tour Dining at Teak Neighborhood Grill .. #OrlandoRestaurants #DiningReview @TeakOrlando - October 21, 2020
- Tame Impala Announces Rescheduled Orlando Tour Date at Amway Center for 2021 .. @AmwayCenter @TameImpala - October 19, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Celebrates 9th Birthday with Special Pass Pricing and Peek at 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #ThemeParkNews - October 16, 2020
- Central Florida Zoo wins AZA award for the Urban Wildlife Information Network .. @CentralFLZoo @CitySanfordFL #CFLAttractions - October 15, 2020
- Out and About: Bottomless Brunching at Cafe Tu Tu Tango in Orlando .. @CafeTuTuTangoFL #OrlandoBrunch #OrlandoRestaurants - October 14, 2020