The American Pavilion at Epcot will soon have a new restaurant called Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue, and we have the first details.
The new fast-casual restaurant will serve classic barbecue from America’s various BBQ regions, and home-style craft brews, in the courtyard, with outdoor seating.
The restaurant takes its name from the All-American Muppet Sam Eagle, known for his patriotism and strict sense of duty and honor. He takes all things seriously … and barbecue is certainly one of those things.
Regal Eagle Smokehouse will be the site for “Sam’s Centennial Cook-Off: A Salute to All Cook-Offs but Mostly Barbecue.” Described as “a competition fit for all patriots and pit masters,” it brings in a variety of classic backyard barbecue selections from across the country to vie for Sam’s top honor.
The menu will feature items like a sliced Texas beef brisket sandwich with house-made spicy mop sauce on garlic toast, a South Carolina smoked sausage sandwich with tangy mustard sauce and caramelized onions, Kansas City smoked chicken, Memphis dry-rub pork ribs, and North Carolina chopped smoked pork butt, all available by themselves or as part of a delicious hearty platter.
There will also be a grilled burger topped with BBQ pork and a fried onion ring, and a Power Greens Salad with chilled pulled chicken, fresh citrus, and a citrus vinaigrette.
Regal Eagle Smokehouse will even feature a plant-based BBQ burger topped with BBQ jackfruit, served on vegan garlic toast.
They haven’t forgotten the classic sides either…french fries, beer-battered onion rings, mac and cheese, baked beans with burnt ends, house-made pickles, and creamy slaw are on the menu, too.
Beverages offerings will include a selection of beer and cider from around the country, wines from the west coast, and specialty regional cocktails with and without alcohol.
According to Walt Disney World, the restaurant will open by Spring 2020.
[Images courtesy of Disney Parks]
- SeaWorld Orlando Hosts “Flicks & Fireworks” This Weekend .. #SeaWorldOrlando #FlicksFireworks - July 8, 2020
- Tango Cares Needs Your Help to Feed Orlando’s Unemployed Hospitality Workers .. #TangoCares #MiasItalianKitchen #CafeTuTuTango - July 6, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 5, 2020: The Old Jailhouse, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, Chef Bruno Fonseca, Shake Shack, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoRestaurants - July 5, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2020 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #Grilling - July 1, 2020
- The Bourne Stuntacular to Grand Open at Universal Orlando June 30, 2020 with Sneak Peek Online June 29 .. #UniversalOrlando #BourneStuntacular #ThemeParkNews - June 29, 2020
- Florida Suspends Alcohol Consumption at Bars Again Due to COVID-19 .. #FloridaBars #DoYourPart - June 28, 2020
- Orange County Florida Launches New “Safer, Stronger, Together” Campaign for Businesses & Residents to Combat COVID-19 Spread .. #DoYourPartORL #VisitOrlando @OrangeCoFL - June 27, 2020
- Walt Disney World to Give Magic Kingdom’s Splash Mountain New ‘The Princess and the Frog’ Theme .. #WaltDisneyWorld #SplashMountain #ThePrincessandtheFrog #Tiana - June 26, 2020
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to Host ‘MLS is Back’ Tournament This Summer .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ESPN #WWoS #MLSisBack #Soccer - June 21, 2020
- Walt Disney World Cancels Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for 2020 .. #Disney #MNSSHP #Halloween - June 20, 2020