The American Pavilion at Epcot will soon have a new restaurant called Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue, and we have the first details.
The new fast-casual restaurant will serve classic barbecue from America’s various BBQ regions, and home-style craft brews, in the courtyard, with outdoor seating.
The restaurant takes its name from the All-American Muppet Sam Eagle, known for his patriotism and strict sense of duty and honor. He takes all things seriously … and barbecue is certainly one of those things.
Regal Eagle Smokehouse will be the site for “Sam’s Centennial Cook-Off: A Salute to All Cook-Offs but Mostly Barbecue.” Described as “a competition fit for all patriots and pit masters,” it brings in a variety of classic backyard barbecue selections from across the country to vie for Sam’s top honor.
The menu will feature items like a sliced Texas beef brisket sandwich with house-made spicy mop sauce on garlic toast, a South Carolina smoked sausage sandwich with tangy mustard sauce and caramelized onions, Kansas City smoked chicken, Memphis dry-rub pork ribs, and North Carolina chopped smoked pork butt, all available by themselves or as part of a delicious hearty platter.
There will also be a grilled burger topped with BBQ pork and a fried onion ring, and a Power Greens Salad with chilled pulled chicken, fresh citrus, and a citrus vinaigrette.
Regal Eagle Smokehouse will even feature a plant-based BBQ burger topped with BBQ jackfruit, served on vegan garlic toast.
They haven’t forgotten the classic sides either…french fries, beer-battered onion rings, mac and cheese, baked beans with burnt ends, house-made pickles, and creamy slaw are on the menu, too.
Beverages offerings will include a selection of beer and cider from around the country, wines from the west coast, and specialty regional cocktails with and without alcohol.
According to Walt Disney World, the restaurant will open by Spring 2020.
[Images courtesy of Disney Parks]
- Walt Disney World to Give Cinderella Castle a Makeover .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Disney - February 28, 2020
- The Morse Museum in Winter Park to Host Spring Exhibition on American Portraiture and Free Music Fridays .. @MorseMuseum - February 28, 2020
- Tool Announces 2020 Spring Show Dates in Orlando and Tampa .. @Tool @AmwayCenter @AmalieArena - February 27, 2020
- Rockin’ Robinson Music Fest Returns to The Milk District Feb 29, 2020 .. @TheMilkDistrict - February 27, 2020
- Out and About: Mean Girls is More Than Just Another High School Musical .. @DrPhillipsCtr @MeanGirlsBway - February 26, 2020
- 14th Annual Wekiva Paint Out Returns March 1-7 at Wekiva Island .. @WekivaIsland - February 26, 2020
- Luke Combs Brings 2020 Tour to Amway Center in Orlando in November .. @AmwayCenter @LukeCombs - February 25, 2020
- Orlando Fringe Hosts Peace, Love, & Fringe! Fundraiser at Orlando Museum of Art Feb 28, 2020 .. @OrlandoFringe #PeaceLoveFringe - February 24, 2020
- The Weeknd Brings After Hours Tour to Amway Center in Orlando July 2020 .. @AmwayCenter @TheWeeknd - February 24, 2020
- The 13th Annual UCF-Orlando Jazz Festival Comes to UCF Feb 28-29 .. @UCF #OrlandoArts - February 23, 2020