In addition to hosting a schedule of public shows, including the FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando theater series, the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts also offers a variety of performing arts classes to young students.
CitySurfing Orlando was recently invited to experience the fall session, so we had our family writer Carol Garreans and her daughter Abby participate.
The class she picked was “Broadway Caberet” for ages 10-14. The class synopsis reads: “Build a cabaret performance while exploring your performance strengths and maximizing your onstage potential.”
As a fan of musical theater, Abby felt she could learn the most from that class.
For the next few weeks, we’ll be chronicling Abby’s experience with the Dr. Phillips Performing Arts classes, as well as thoughts from both Carol and Abby.
We’ll also be providing information for the Winter session of classes.
Keep an eye out on our social media, too. We’ll be posting photos from Abby’s experience.
Major thanks to the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts for hosting Abby and allowing us to experience what it is they do in the classes!
Join us next week for the second installment of this series.
Disclaimer: CitySurfing Orlando has been hosted for a Fall 2019 class in exchange for this series of posts and final review. As always, our opinion is honest, and our own.
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Valentine’s Day 2020 in Orlando and Central Florida .. #ValentinesDay - February 9, 2020
- Orlando Wetlands Festival Returns To Fort Christmas Historical Park Feb 15, 2020 .. @CityBeautiful #VisitOrlando - February 8, 2020
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Announces 2020-2021 Season .. @OrlandoPhilOrch #OrlandoArts #OrlandoPhilharmonic - February 7, 2020