Florida’s largest Maker event, Maker Faire Orlando, returns to the Central Florida Fairgrounds the weekend of November 9-10, 2019, with a ton of fun DIY activities.
Maker Faire Orlando is a non-profit, community-organized, family-friendly celebration featuring local do-it-yourself science, art, rockets, robots, crafts, technology, music, hands-on-activities, and more.
It’s a popular annual event where people show what they are making and share what they are learning.
The individuals behind these exhibits are known as “Makers” and they range from tech enthusiasts to crafters to homesteaders to scientists to garage tinkerers. They are of all ages and backgrounds. The aim of Maker Faire is to entertain, inform, connect and grow this community.
The two-day event is expected to draw 10,000 attendees of all ages, and includes 300 local exhibits, Power Racing, Combat Robots, Nerdy Derby, and much more on display throughout three air-conditioned exhibit halls, as well as, green spaces filled with hands-on activities, workshops and competitions.
Make t-shirts and buttons, learn to solder, watch robot battles and drone racing, and so much more throughout this weekend. Maker Faire is a family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity, and resourcefulness.
Maker Faire Orlando is independently organized and operated under license from Maker Media, Inc. This project is funded in part by Orange County Government through the Arts & Cultural Affairs Program.
A two-day pass in advance is $25 for adults and $15 for youth and students (Ages 4-17, or 17+ with current Student Photo ID (required at Faire entrance). A one-day pass is $15 adults and $10 for youth and students. Parking is free onsite.
Tickets are slightly more at the door, so purchase online at makerfaireorlando.com.
Some activities require a nominal fee of $1-$6 cash to cover materials, payable at the event.
Complimentary tickets are available with proper identification for First Responders, Active Military and Veterans.
- Orange County and Visit Orlando Launch ‘#407Day’ Campaign April 7 to Support Local Restaurants .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoToGo #VisitOrlando - April 6, 2020
- Enzian Theater Offering Four New Indie Movies to Stream .. @EnzianTheater @atwdfilm #CorpusChristiFilm @ExtraOrdFilm @SWMYfilm - April 5, 2020
- Southern Fried Sunday to Host Second Free Online #StayHome Music Fest April 5 With Optional Food Supplied by Winter Park’s #NewStandard .. #SFS - April 5, 2020
- SeaWorld Parks Provide Free Online Animal and Nature Classroom Resources .. @SeaWorld #ClassroomResources - April 4, 2020
- Creative City Project Presents “Stimulate the Arts” Online Fundraiser .. @Creative_Proj #OrlandoArts - April 3, 2020
- Orlando’s East End Market Launches Mobile Delivery Service .. @EastEndMkt - April 2, 2020
- Feed the Need Florida to Distribute Meals to Families Impacted by COVID-19 .. #FeedtheNeedFL - March 31, 2020
- Monster Jam World Finals 2020 in Orlando Has Been Cancelled .. @MonsterJam #MonsterJam - March 30, 2020
- Enzian Theater Now Offers On Demand Streaming of Indie Movies .. @EnzianTheater @bacuraufilme @TheBandFilm @TheWhistlers #saintfrances - March 29, 2020
- Southern Fried Sunday to Host Free Online #StayHome Music Fest March 29 With Optional Food Supplied by Winter Park’s #NewStandard .. #SFS - March 28, 2020