Florida’s largest Maker event, Maker Faire Orlando, returns to the Central Florida Fairgrounds the weekend of November 9-10, 2019, with a ton of fun DIY activities.
Maker Faire Orlando is a non-profit, community-organized, family-friendly celebration featuring local do-it-yourself science, art, rockets, robots, crafts, technology, music, hands-on-activities, and more.
It’s a popular annual event where people show what they are making and share what they are learning.
The individuals behind these exhibits are known as “Makers” and they range from tech enthusiasts to crafters to homesteaders to scientists to garage tinkerers. They are of all ages and backgrounds. The aim of Maker Faire is to entertain, inform, connect and grow this community.
The two-day event is expected to draw 10,000 attendees of all ages, and includes 300 local exhibits, Power Racing, Combat Robots, Nerdy Derby, and much more on display throughout three air-conditioned exhibit halls, as well as, green spaces filled with hands-on activities, workshops and competitions.
Make t-shirts and buttons, learn to solder, watch robot battles and drone racing, and so much more throughout this weekend. Maker Faire is a family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity, and resourcefulness.
Maker Faire Orlando is independently organized and operated under license from Maker Media, Inc. This project is funded in part by Orange County Government through the Arts & Cultural Affairs Program.
A two-day pass in advance is $25 for adults and $15 for youth and students (Ages 4-17, or 17+ with current Student Photo ID (required at Faire entrance). A one-day pass is $15 adults and $10 for youth and students. Parking is free onsite.
Tickets are slightly more at the door, so purchase online at makerfaireorlando.com.
Some activities require a nominal fee of $1-$6 cash to cover materials, payable at the event.
Complimentary tickets are available with proper identification for First Responders, Active Military and Veterans.
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021
- 4th Annual FusionFest Returns To Downtown Orlando Nov 27-28, 2021 .. #FusionFest #OrlandoArts - November 23, 2021
- Holidays At LEGOLAND Return To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 26, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #OrlandoHolidays #HolidaysatLEGOLAND - November 22, 2021
- Iron Chef Morimoto Returns to Morimoto Asia to Host Events in Dec 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #OrlandoFoodies - November 21, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2021 In Orlando .. #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingDinners #ThanksgivingBrunch - November 20, 2021
- 2021 Orlando Walk for Apraxia Takes Place Nov. 20 in Casselberry .. #WalkForApraxia @apraxia_kids - November 16, 2021
- The New Walt Disney World Swan Reserve Hotel Officially Opens in Orlando .. #WaltDisneyWorldSwanReserve #SwanReserve #OrlandoHotels #DisneyHotels - November 15, 2021
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The 2021 Holidays Starting Nov. 19 .. #DazzlingNights @Creative_Proj @LeuGardens - November 12, 2021
- Immersive Van Gogh Exhibition Debuts in Orlando November 26, 2021 .. #ImmersiveVanGogh #OrlandoArt - November 11, 2021