Yesterday, amid cheering fans and celebrity guests, Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger unveiled the NBA Experience at Disney Springs, joined onstage by NBA Commissioner Adam Silver and several current and former NBA and WNBA players.
Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse cheered as confetti rained down toward the end of the ceremonial opening, which featured Naismith Basketball Hall of Famers Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Grant Hill, along with NBA legend Dwyane Wade, Milwaukee Bucks center Brook Lopez, Utah Jazz point guard Mike Conley, Indiana Pacers guard Victor Oladipo, Orlando Magic forward Aaron Gordon, Miami Heat forward Udonis Haslem, and WNBA legend Swin Cash, now the vice president of basketball operations and team development for the New Orleans Pelicans.
In collaboration with the NBA, Walt Disney Imagineering developed NBA Experience as an immersive, interactive venue.
The high-energy environment is packed with 13 different basketball-related activities across 44,000 square feet and two floors.
Upon entry, guests feel as if they’re walking through the players’ tunnel at an NBA or WNBA arena. Visitors can experience what it’s like to be selected in the NBA Draft and step onto the court to make clutch shots and highlight-worthy slam dunks.
NBA Experience also provides ample opportunities to learn more about the NBA and WNBA via interactive displays, films and trivia. The unique destination offers something for guests of all ages.
A ticket to NBA Experience grants access to every activity, in any order guests choose, and they can return to stations throughout the day to improve performance or learn even more about the game, players and teams they love. They can also customize many of their experiences to showcase their favorite NBA or WNBA teams.
The adjacent NBA Store offers official NBA apparel, collectibles and more, along with Disney products designed specifically for NBA Experience.
Tickets to the NBA Experience are $34 (+tax) for those 10 and up. For more information, visit Disneyworld.com.
[photos courtesy of Walt Disney World]
- The Big Bounce America Tour Comes to Central Florida Oct 19-27, 2019 .. @TheBigBounceUSA - October 14, 2019
- IAAPA Celebrates Grand Opening of New Global Headquarters in Orlando .. @IAAPAHQ #IAAPA - October 9, 2019
- 93.3 FLZ Jingle Ball 2019 Rings in Season with #SamSmith, #Lizzo, and More at Tampa’s Amalie Arena Dec 1 .. #FLZJingleBall - October 8, 2019
- Florida Citrus Sports Ends Orlando Citrus Parade After 39 Years - October 7, 2019
- Win Tickets to See Wayne Brady at Dr. Phillips Center Oct 12! .. @DrPhillipsCtr @WayneBrady - October 4, 2019
- Celebrate #NationalTacoDay 2019 On October 4 With These Orlando-Area Restaurants - October 3, 2019
- Central Florida Foodie Events For October 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies ::UPDATED:: - October 2, 2019
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Debut of “Epcot Forever” Show Tonight .. #DisneyParksLive #EpcotForever - October 1, 2019
- Orlando Science Center Hosts $10 Admission Day September 29, 2019 .. @OrlandoScience - September 27, 2019
- Osceola Arts Opens 2019-2020 Season with ‘The Addams Family: A New Musical’ .. #OsceolaArts - September 26, 2019