Headquartered in Lake Nona, Beep, a new Florida-based company that provides autonomous mobility solutions, is collaborating with the innovative master-planned community to bring the first autonomous shuttles to Central Florida with service expected to begin this spring.
Beep has made an exclusive dealer arrangement for the state of Florida with NAVYA, the global leader in the autonomous vehicle (AV) market and smart and shared mobility solutions.
In addition, the companies announced their innovative development partnership for shared mobility and AV research through which Beep will lead testing and pilot deployments of NAVYA’s driverless and fully electric AUTONOM Shuttle in the state of Florida.
Autonomous shuttle service in Lake Nona will begin this spring and will feature two shuttles each with a dedicated operator on board.
The AUTONOM Shuttle can hold up to 15 people and will travel on fixed routes within the Lake Nona community at speeds of up to 16 mph. The shuttle is designed to improve productivity and ease road congestion in urban centers while also optimizing navigation and passenger safety.
All of Beep’s autonomous vehicles deployed in the U.S. will be monitored by the company’s state-of-the-art operations center headquartered in Lake Nona.
Founded by the international investment organization Tavistock Group, Lake Nona is a nationally-recognized forward-thinking, smart city within the City of Orlando.
Lake Nona’s multimodal transportation strategy – Move Nona – creates a seamless, efficient mobility network throughout the 17-square-mile community providing a variety of ways to get around.
Lake Nona is already home to miles of paved and unpaved trails, electric vehicle charging stations, bike share program, community shuttles and a car share program featuring Tesla Model 3s for its latest multi-family development, Pixon, set to open in 2019.
“Tavistock’s continued efforts to bring new and innovative solutions to Lake Nona is part of our mission to create an enriching environment that ensures residents, businesses and visitors have an incredible experience,” said Jim Zboril, president of Tavistock Development Company, the developer behind Lake Nona. “NAVYA’s driverless shuttles and Beep’s autonomous mobility solutions provide an intelligent, fluid, and environmentally-friendly transportation option. We look forward to integrating this new shuttle service into our larger Move Nona transportation plan to make it easy for people to explore Lake Nona.”
“Over the last several years, together with our public and private partners, we’ve solidified Orlando as a hub for innovation, technology, sustainability and advancement. Tavistock continues to take these visions to the next level as we welcome NAVYA’s expansion of its global footprint and Beep’s headquarter operation and their cutting-edge autonomous mobility solutions to the Lake Nona community,” said Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer. “We look forward to Beep’s growth here in our city, the opportunity to further mobility options for our residents and the future opportunities that will come together from this emerging industry and our creative community.”
Specifics regarding the inaugural routes and launch date for Lake Nona’s autonomous shuttle will be announced soon. We’ll let you know as soon as we hear more details.
- Fun Spot America Announces New Interactive Water Experience Coming to Orlando Park this Summer @FunSpotAmerica - March 20, 2019
- Baby Giraffe Born at #Disney’s Animal Kingdom Reintroduced to Park’s Savanna - March 17, 2019
- Busch Gardens Tampa 2019 Food & Wine Fest Starts this Weekend @BuschGardens #CorksAndCoasters - March 16, 2019
- Swamp Sistas Host La La Charity Brunch for Second Harvest March 24, 2019 @SwampSistas @feedhopenow - March 15, 2019
- Pi Day 2019 Pie Deals in the Orlando Area #PiDay - March 14, 2019
- Walt Disney World Raises 2019 Ticket Prices During Peak Periods - March 13, 2019
- Universal Orlando Releases New Details For Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure #HarryPotter #WizardingWorldOrlando - March 12, 2019
- LEGOLAND Florida Water Park Opens for 2019 Season #BuiltForKids - March 11, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day 2019 - March 10, 2019
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Aug 29, 2019 #WaltDisneyWorld #GalaxysEdge - March 7, 2019