LongHorn Steakhouse has opened its newest location on E. Colonial in front of the Orlando Fashion Square Mall, and we were invited to a Friends & Family lunch dine to check it out.
I have never eaten at a LongHorn Steakhouse, and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the price points.
The server brought out a loaf of warm wheat bread with butter while we were looking over the menu. A nice tasty touch to start our meal.
We went with the Texas Tonion for our sharable dish – LongHorn’s version of the fried onion appetizer, drizzled with housemade crema and served with a zesty dip. It was good, but some of the onion pieces were still raw. We discussed it with the manager, and they brought another round that was much better.
That’s why they do these Friends & Family dines. So the crew has practice with actual guests, and they can get the feedback they need to tweak things before they open to the public. And I was satisfied with the way the situation was handled.
For an entree, my guest picked the 6oz. Flo’s Filet, described as a tender center-cut filet and a guest favorite. It was served cooked to order with her choice of side, and she really enjoyed it.
I decided to go with a lunch special: the BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger and fries. It too came out cooked to order, and I liked that the bacon was fully cooked and plentiful.
If you’re looking for a good steak at a good price, check out LongHorn Steakhouse. You’ll find this new location at 3101 E Colonial Dr; Orlando, FL 32803. The 6344-square-foot restaurant seats more than 320 guests, and has added more than 60 Orlando jobs.
For more information, visit longhornsteakhouse.com.
Disclaimer: We were hosted at a Friends & Family media dine. As always, my opinions are honest and my own.
- The 2020 Florida Film Festival Goes Virtual August 8-20 .. #FFF2020 - August 6, 2020
- Country Thunder Florida Cancels 2020 Festival and Announces 2021 Dates .. #CountryThunder #musicfestivals #Kissimmee - August 5, 2020
- Walt Disney World Replaces Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios .. #WaltDisneyWorld #BeautyandtheBeast - August 4, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort Reopens With Deal for Florida Resident and WDW Passholders .. #SwanandDolphin #FloridaResidentDeals - August 4, 2020
- Universal Orlando Offers Special ‘Buy a Day’ Deal to Florida Residents for Limited Time .. #UniversalOrlando #FloridaResidentDeals - August 3, 2020
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns August 2020 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool - July 31, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 30, 2020: Sister Honey’s, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Finca, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - July 30, 2020
- Walt Disney World Announces Attraction Closures and Project Postponements .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ThemeParkNews - July 29, 2020
- Osceola Arts presents ‘Once on the Island’ Online July 31-August 9, 2021 .. @Osceola_Arts #OnceontheIsland #oaOOTI - July 28, 2020
- MEGACON Orlando Cancels Fall LIMITED EDITION and Announces 2021 Dates .. #MegaCon #MegaConOrlando - July 27, 2020