LongHorn Steakhouse has opened its newest location on E. Colonial in front of the Orlando Fashion Square Mall, and we were invited to a Friends & Family lunch dine to check it out.
I have never eaten at a LongHorn Steakhouse, and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the price points.
The server brought out a loaf of warm wheat bread with butter while we were looking over the menu. A nice tasty touch to start our meal.
We went with the Texas Tonion for our sharable dish – LongHorn’s version of the fried onion appetizer, drizzled with housemade crema and served with a zesty dip. It was good, but some of the onion pieces were still raw. We discussed it with the manager, and they brought another round that was much better.
That’s why they do these Friends & Family dines. So the crew has practice with actual guests, and they can get the feedback they need to tweak things before they open to the public. And I was satisfied with the way the situation was handled.
For an entree, my guest picked the 6oz. Flo’s Filet, described as a tender center-cut filet and a guest favorite. It was served cooked to order with her choice of side, and she really enjoyed it.
I decided to go with a lunch special: the BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger and fries. It too came out cooked to order, and I liked that the bacon was fully cooked and plentiful.
If you’re looking for a good steak at a good price, check out LongHorn Steakhouse. You’ll find this new location at 3101 E Colonial Dr; Orlando, FL 32803. The 6344-square-foot restaurant seats more than 320 guests, and has added more than 60 Orlando jobs.
For more information, visit longhornsteakhouse.com.
Disclaimer: We were hosted at a Friends & Family media dine. As always, my opinions are honest and my own.
- PirateFest Weekends Return to LEGOLAND Florida Starting Jan 22, 2022 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #PirateFest #BuiltForKids - January 19, 2022
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of The Temptations’ At Dr. Phillips Center Jan 25-30, 2022 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @AintTooProud #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - January 17, 2022
- Music Headliners Announced for 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival .. #WaltDisneyWorld #EPCOT #GardenRocksConcerts - January 15, 2022
- Universal Orlando Announces Headliner Concerts for Mardi Gras 2022 .. @UniversalORL #UniversalOrlando #MardiGras #OrlandoConcerts - January 14, 2022
- Actor/Comedian Bob Saget Passes Away in Orlando at 65 .. #BobSaget - January 9, 2022
- Out and About: Live Entertainment and a New Menu Return to Mango’s Tropical Café in Orlando .. #MangosOrlando #IDrive @OrlandoMangos - December 13, 2021
- Opera Orlando Presents ‘The Secret River’ World Premiere at Dr. Phillips Center Dec. 17-19, 2021 .. #OperaOrlando #TheSecretRiver #DrPhillipsCenter - December 10, 2021
- Out and About: Hawkers Asian Street Food Has Fun New Cocktails for the 2021 Holidays .. #EatHawkers #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoDrinks - December 9, 2021
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021