The Winter Park Playhouse has announced details of its 2019-2020 Season, and it contains a 6-pack of musicals to check out.
Here are the details:
HOW TO MARRY A DIVORCED MAN
August 2-25, 2019
Previews: August 1 & 2, 2019
World Premiere! Based on the book by Leslie Fram, this hilarious musical comedy follows Layla Diamond who, after listening to advice from her daffy mother, attempts to find and settle down with a divorced man. Setting her sights on a charming sports agent with a needy ex and two obnoxious children, she makes one comedic miscalculation after another and turns her marital quest into a hilarious farce.
September 20–October 13, 2019
Previews: September 19 & 20, 2019
National Premiere! This hilarious, critically acclaimed Off-Broadway musical comedy is set in the 1890s and inspired by Shakespeare’s Measure for Measure. When dangerously handsome Johnny Blood must put his fate into the hands of a colorful cast of characters including a wily sheriff, an eccentric priest, an authoritarian governor, a saloon girl gone good, and a nun out of the habit, will they rise up and pull off the greatest caper yet, or will Johnny be left hanging?
YOU’RE A GOOD MAN, CHARLIE BROWN
November 15-24 & December 5-15, 2019
Previews: November 14 & 15, 2019
Charles Schulz’s beloved comic strip comes to life in this joyful, classic Broadway musical. It’s an “average day in the life” of the Peanuts gang, from bright uncertain mornings to hopeful starlit evenings. Blockhead Charlie Brown, bossy Lucy, prodigy Schroeder, perfectionist Sally, blanket-toting Linus and lovable Snoopy battle with kites, school, baseball and misunderstandings before finally coming to realize what makes them truly happy.
BEEHIVE The 60’s Musical
January 24–February 22, 2020
Previews: January 23 & 24, 2020
Told from the perspective of six women who came of age in the 1960s, this energetic Off-Broadway musical nostalgically recalls the days of miniskirts, transistor radios and flower power! Celebrating iconic female artists such as Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross, Connie Francis, The Shirelles and Lulu, the show features over 30 of the most memorable songs of the era including “My Boyfriend’s Back,” “Where the Boys Are,” “One Fine Day,” “Me and Bobby McGee” and many more!
THE ANDREWS BROTHERS
March 13–April 11, 2020
Previews: March 12 & 13, 2020
When an Andrews Sisters USO performance is in jeopardy of cancellation, three earnest stagehands are determined to go on with the show. Mistaken identities and madcap adventures ensue… imagine Bing Crosby and Bob Hope in a road movie of Some Like It Hot! This musical comedy is filled to the brim with 30 songs made famous by the Andrews Sisters and other top artists of the era, including the showstoppers “Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy,” “Don’t Sit Under the Apple Tree,” and “Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive.”
PUMP BOYS AND DINETTES
May 8-17 & May 28–June 7, 2020
Previews: May 7 & 8, 2020
In this Broadway musical, the ‘Pump Boys’ sell high octane on Highway 57 in Grand Ole Opry country. The ‘Dinettes’, Prudie and Rhetta Cupp, run the Double Cupp diner next door. Together they fashion an evening of country western songs that received unanimous raves on Broadway and off. With heartbreak and hilarity, they perform highly entertaining toe-tappers such as “Drinkin’ Shoes,” “Farmer Tan” and “The Night Dolly Parton Was Almost Mine!” on guitars, piano, bass—and yes, kitchen utensils.
Current Annual 6-Show Series Subscribers: Renew now through February 15, 2019.
New Annual 6-Show Series Subscribers and Upgrades: Subscribe between February 19 and March 8, 2019.
You-Pick-3 Subscriptions and Individual Tickets for all 2019-2020 musicals go on sale March 19, 2019.
Please call the Box Office at 407-645-0145 for Series Subscription pricing.
For more information on all productions at the Winter Park Playhouse, visit winterparkplayhouse.org.
- Florida Strawberry Festival Brings The Yum To Plant City Feb 28-Mar 10, 2019 #BerryFest19 - February 20, 2019
- MegaCon Orlando Brings Star-Studded Fandom Fun May 16-19, 2019 #MegaConOrlando19 - February 19, 2019
- Chef José Andrés to open Jaleo and Pepe Restaurants at #Disney Springs Winter 2019 @ChefJoseAndres - February 18, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces 2019-2020 FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando Season @drphillipsctr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 15, 2019
- Out and About: Cheddar’s Adds New Comfort Food Dishes to the Menu #CheddarsScratchKitchen #csktvtheloop - February 14, 2019
- Pentatonix and Rachel Platten Bring World Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center June 1 #PTXTheWorldTour - February 13, 2019
- Walt #Disney World Offering New Dining Package for Final Months of IllumiNations at Epcot - February 13, 2019
- 142nd Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 15-17, 2019 #SilverSpursRodeo - February 12, 2019
- Free Indie-Folkfest 2019 Returns to the Mennello Museum of American Art Feb 16 @MennelloMuseum - February 11, 2019
- Weekend of the Arts Festival Returns to Winter Park Feb 15-18, 2019 #WPInspires - February 10, 2019