For the 14th consecutive year, Otronicon returns to the Orlando Science Center January 18-21, letting guests have hands-on experiences with the latest in technology.
Connect with industry leaders and learn about STEM careers; experience the future of games and design; see the latest in medical and military technologies, participate in hands-on workshops led by industry pros, and much more.
Otronicon connects visitors with the creative professionals and technology that are turning Central Florida into a hub for innovation. Attendees can fly a real-world military simulator, operate a surgical robot, and get previews of tomorrow’s technology.
Plus, presentations and workshops will allow you to interact with real-world professionals and learn the tricks of the trade as you practice valuable STEM skills.
Featuring multiple industry partners including Lockheed Martin, Walt Disney World Resort, Florida Hospital for Children, University of Central Florida, and others, Otronicon is the Science Center’s largest annual event, hosting more than 15,000 visitors last year.
This year’s attendees are in for an audiovisual treat with the debut of a rare, immersive full-dome experience incorporating Mi.Mu Gloves that will captivate audiences. Synthestruct (a.k.a. multimedia artist Ginger Leigh) is an interactive and audiovisual designer who uses sensors and creative coding to connect with the world around us and generate imaginary worlds to be explored.
Her work, which focuses on her interest in making the world of sound visible, has often been featured at Orlando Science Center and includes performances around the world. The artist has been working closely with the Science Center to present Viscerality in the Dr. Phillips CineDome, bringing the first full-dome audiovisual performance to Central Florida during Otronicon
Admission to Otronicon is free for OSC members, $20.95 for adults, $18.95 for seniors and students, and $14.95 for youth (ages 3-11).
- LEGOLAND® Florida Offers New Free Florida Resident Preschool Pass - January 15, 2019
- Don’t Miss Your Shot! Hamilton Comes to the Dr. Phillips Center Jan 22-Feb 10, 2019! @DrPhillipsCtr - January 14, 2019
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks For Free On January 17, 2019 - January 14, 2019
- 2019 Preschool Card Returns for Free Admission to SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica for Florida Kids - January 13, 2019
- The 2019 Florida State Fair Comes to Tampa Feb 7-18 + Win Tickets! #MyFloridaStateFair @FLStateFair - January 12, 2019
- Go Behind-The-Scenes at SeaWorld Orlando During Inside Look Weekends in January - January 11, 2019
- Orlando Science Center Hosts #Otronicon Edition of Science Night Live Jan 19, 2019 - January 10, 2019
- Aquatica® Orlando Becomes First Water Park In The World To Be A Certified Autism Center - January 9, 2019
- Go Back 20 Years with The Pauses 1998 Tribute Show Weekend at Will’s Pub Jan 11-12 - January 8, 2019
- Monster Jam Returns to Camping World Stadium Jan 19, 2019 #MonsterJam - January 7, 2019