For the 14th consecutive year, Otronicon returns to the Orlando Science Center January 18-21, letting guests have hands-on experiences with the latest in technology.
Connect with industry leaders and learn about STEM careers; experience the future of games and design; see the latest in medical and military technologies, participate in hands-on workshops led by industry pros, and much more.
Otronicon connects visitors with the creative professionals and technology that are turning Central Florida into a hub for innovation. Attendees can fly a real-world military simulator, operate a surgical robot, and get previews of tomorrow’s technology.
Plus, presentations and workshops will allow you to interact with real-world professionals and learn the tricks of the trade as you practice valuable STEM skills.
Featuring multiple industry partners including Lockheed Martin, Walt Disney World Resort, Florida Hospital for Children, University of Central Florida, and others, Otronicon is the Science Center’s largest annual event, hosting more than 15,000 visitors last year.
This year’s attendees are in for an audiovisual treat with the debut of a rare, immersive full-dome experience incorporating Mi.Mu Gloves that will captivate audiences. Synthestruct (a.k.a. multimedia artist Ginger Leigh) is an interactive and audiovisual designer who uses sensors and creative coding to connect with the world around us and generate imaginary worlds to be explored.
Her work, which focuses on her interest in making the world of sound visible, has often been featured at Orlando Science Center and includes performances around the world. The artist has been working closely with the Science Center to present Viscerality in the Dr. Phillips CineDome, bringing the first full-dome audiovisual performance to Central Florida during Otronicon
Admission to Otronicon is free for OSC members, $20.95 for adults, $18.95 for seniors and students, and $14.95 for youth (ages 3-11).
- Walt Disney World Announces A New Pavilion and More Coming to #Epcot - March 24, 2019
- Fun Spot America Announces New Interactive Water Experience Coming to Orlando Park this Summer @FunSpotAmerica - March 20, 2019
- Baby Giraffe Born at #Disney’s Animal Kingdom Reintroduced to Park’s Savanna - March 17, 2019
- Busch Gardens Tampa 2019 Food & Wine Fest Starts this Weekend @BuschGardens #CorksAndCoasters - March 16, 2019
- Swamp Sistas Host La La Charity Brunch for Second Harvest March 24, 2019 @SwampSistas @feedhopenow - March 15, 2019
- Pi Day 2019 Pie Deals in the Orlando Area #PiDay - March 14, 2019
- Walt Disney World Raises 2019 Ticket Prices During Peak Periods - March 13, 2019
- Universal Orlando Releases New Details For Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure #HarryPotter #WizardingWorldOrlando - March 12, 2019
- LEGOLAND Florida Water Park Opens for 2019 Season #BuiltForKids - March 11, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day 2019 - March 10, 2019