For the 14th consecutive year, Otronicon returns to the Orlando Science Center January 18-21, letting guests have hands-on experiences with the latest in technology.
Connect with industry leaders and learn about STEM careers; experience the future of games and design; see the latest in medical and military technologies, participate in hands-on workshops led by industry pros, and much more.
Otronicon connects visitors with the creative professionals and technology that are turning Central Florida into a hub for innovation. Attendees can fly a real-world military simulator, operate a surgical robot, and get previews of tomorrow’s technology.
Plus, presentations and workshops will allow you to interact with real-world professionals and learn the tricks of the trade as you practice valuable STEM skills.
Featuring multiple industry partners including Lockheed Martin, Walt Disney World Resort, Florida Hospital for Children, University of Central Florida, and others, Otronicon is the Science Center’s largest annual event, hosting more than 15,000 visitors last year.
This year’s attendees are in for an audiovisual treat with the debut of a rare, immersive full-dome experience incorporating Mi.Mu Gloves that will captivate audiences. Synthestruct (a.k.a. multimedia artist Ginger Leigh) is an interactive and audiovisual designer who uses sensors and creative coding to connect with the world around us and generate imaginary worlds to be explored.
Her work, which focuses on her interest in making the world of sound visible, has often been featured at Orlando Science Center and includes performances around the world. The artist has been working closely with the Science Center to present Viscerality in the Dr. Phillips CineDome, bringing the first full-dome audiovisual performance to Central Florida during Otronicon
Admission to Otronicon is free for OSC members, $20.95 for adults, $18.95 for seniors and students, and $14.95 for youth (ages 3-11).
- SeaWorld Orlando Hosts “Flicks & Fireworks” This Weekend .. #SeaWorldOrlando #FlicksFireworks - July 8, 2020
- Tango Cares Needs Your Help to Feed Orlando’s Unemployed Hospitality Workers .. #TangoCares #MiasItalianKitchen #CafeTuTuTango - July 6, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 5, 2020: The Old Jailhouse, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, Chef Bruno Fonseca, Shake Shack, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoRestaurants - July 5, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2020 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #Grilling - July 1, 2020
- The Bourne Stuntacular to Grand Open at Universal Orlando June 30, 2020 with Sneak Peek Online June 29 .. #UniversalOrlando #BourneStuntacular #ThemeParkNews - June 29, 2020
- Florida Suspends Alcohol Consumption at Bars Again Due to COVID-19 .. #FloridaBars #DoYourPart - June 28, 2020
- Orange County Florida Launches New “Safer, Stronger, Together” Campaign for Businesses & Residents to Combat COVID-19 Spread .. #DoYourPartORL #VisitOrlando @OrangeCoFL - June 27, 2020
- Walt Disney World to Give Magic Kingdom’s Splash Mountain New ‘The Princess and the Frog’ Theme .. #WaltDisneyWorld #SplashMountain #ThePrincessandtheFrog #Tiana - June 26, 2020
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to Host ‘MLS is Back’ Tournament This Summer .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ESPN #WWoS #MLSisBack #Soccer - June 21, 2020
- Walt Disney World Cancels Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for 2020 .. #Disney #MNSSHP #Halloween - June 20, 2020