This week Aquatica Orlando became the first water park to become a Certified Autism Center (CAC) as distinguished by International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards (IBCCES).
The park recently completed a staff-wide autism sensitivity and awareness training as well as an onsite review of the park property and guest experience.
Robust pre-visit planning resources will be added to the park’s website including a sensory guide developed by IBCCES.
This sensory guide will make it easier for parents to plan activities that satisfy their child’s specific needs and accommodations by providing insight on how a child with sensory processing issues may be affected by each sense for each attraction.
Working closely with IBCCES, the staff at Aquatica will be continually trained to assist guests with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and their families, to help ensure a positive experience during their visit.
The park will also have a quiet room inside the park with adjustable lighting and a comfortable seating area for guests to take a break.
“As the first water park in the world to complete the training and become a Certified Autism Center, Aquatica Orlando is proud to provide fun and memorable experiences through exceptional service,” said David Heaton, Vice President of Aquatica Orlando. “We continually strive to create safe and meaningful experiences for all of our guests, and we are committed in our efforts to offer families inclusive activities for children with autism and other special needs.”
This accreditation comes as the park readies for the opening of its newest attraction – Kare Kare Curl – this spring. Sister park Sesame Place became the world’s first certified autism center theme park last April.
Congrats to Aquatica Orlando for achieving this distinction!
- LEGOLAND® Florida Offers New Free Florida Resident Preschool Pass - January 15, 2019
- Don’t Miss Your Shot! Hamilton Comes to the Dr. Phillips Center Jan 22-Feb 10, 2019! @DrPhillipsCtr - January 14, 2019
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks For Free On January 17, 2019 - January 14, 2019
- 2019 Preschool Card Returns for Free Admission to SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica for Florida Kids - January 13, 2019
- The 2019 Florida State Fair Comes to Tampa Feb 7-18 + Win Tickets! #MyFloridaStateFair @FLStateFair - January 12, 2019
- Go Behind-The-Scenes at SeaWorld Orlando During Inside Look Weekends in January - January 11, 2019
- Orlando Science Center Hosts #Otronicon Edition of Science Night Live Jan 19, 2019 - January 10, 2019
- Aquatica® Orlando Becomes First Water Park In The World To Be A Certified Autism Center - January 9, 2019
- Go Back 20 Years with The Pauses 1998 Tribute Show Weekend at Will’s Pub Jan 11-12 - January 8, 2019
- Monster Jam Returns to Camping World Stadium Jan 19, 2019 #MonsterJam - January 7, 2019