Florida’s largest Maker event, Maker Faire Orlando, returns to the Central Florida Fairgrounds the weekend of November 10-11, 2018, with a ton of fun DIY activities.
Maker Faire Orlando is a non-profit, community-organized, family-friendly celebration featuring local do-it-yourself science, art, rockets, robots, crafts, technology, music, hands-on-activities, and more.
It’s an event where people show what they are making and share what they are learning.
The individuals behind these exhibits are known as “Makers” and they range from tech enthusiasts to crafters to homesteaders to scientists to garage tinkerers. They are of all ages and backgrounds. The aim of Maker Faire is to entertain, inform, connect and grow this community.
The two-day event is expected to draw 10,000 attendees of all ages, and includes 300 local exhibits, Power Racing, Combat Robots, Nerdy Derby, and much more on display throughout three air-conditioned exhibit halls, as well as, green spaces filled with hands-on activities, workshops and competitions.
Make t-shirts and buttons, learn to solder, watch robot battles and drone racing, and so much more throughout this weekend.
A two-day pass in advance is $25 for adults and $15 for kids ages 4-12. A one-day pass is $15 adults and $10 for kids. Parking is free onsite.
Tickets are slightly more at the door, so purchase online at makerfaireorlando.com.
Some activities require a nominal fee of $1-$6 to cover materials, payable at the event.
Complimentary tickets are available with proper identification for First Responders, Active Military and Veterans.
- SeaWorld Orlando Salutes First Responders with Half Off Admission Through July 31 #SeaWorldOrlando - July 16, 2019
- Apollo 11 Moon landing 50th Anniversary Events This Week in Central Florida #Apollo11 - July 15, 2019
- Dates Unveiled for the 2019 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays #WaltDisneyWorld - July 14, 2019
- Win a Family 4-Pack of Tickets to Disney’s Newsies at Osceola Arts! @Osceola_Arts #Giveaway - July 10, 2019
- LEGOLAND Florida Hosts THE LEGO MOVIE DAYS Weekends in July and August 2019 #BuiltForKids - July 9, 2019
- Osceola Arts Presents Disney’s ‘Newsies’ Starting July 12 @Osceola_Arts - July 8, 2019
- July 4th Fireworks To Live Stream From Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Tonight - July 4, 2019
- Fourth of July Street Closures and Parking Info in Downtown Orlando - July 3, 2019
- Central Florida Foodies Events for July 2019 #OrlandoFoodies ::UPDATED:: - July 2, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2019 In Central Florida #4thofJuly - June 30, 2019