The International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA), the largest trade association for the worldwide attractions industry, officially broke ground on its brand new 22,000-square-foot global headquarters, to be located in Orlando.
Construction is slated to be complete by summer 2019 on the international headquarters which sits at 4155 Taft-Vineland Road (near the intersection with John Young Pkwy).
The new headquarters is a $14 million investment for the association, which celebrated its 100th anniversary this year. It will feature dedicated member space with meeting rooms, special event space and a lounge, as well as a library for the association’s archives and many thematic elements and displays reflecting the diversity of members around the world.
“We are extremely proud to now be a part of the Central Florida community,” said Hal McEvoy, interim president and CEO, IAAPA “Bringing our global headquarters to the heart of the attractions industry is the perfect next step for us as we continue to better serve our members.”
IAAPA is best known locally for its IAAPA Attractions Expo held each November at the Orange County Convention Center. The annual conference and trade show, currently booked to remain in Orlando through 2030, has an approximate economic impact of $77 million to Central Florida. In 2017, more than 38,000 people from 100 different countries attended the event.
Watch for my coverage of this year’s event in November!
- Pirates Dinner Adventure To Reopen July 4 After Hurricane Irma Damage - June 19, 2018
- Chef Gary Appelsies Launches Free Central Florida YMCA Summer Food Tour - June 18, 2018
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando Debuts New ‘Jurassic World’ Kids’ Suites - June 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup June 16, 2018: Cask & Larder, Pizza Bruno, Pharmacy, Paddlefish, and More - June 16, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts Ron Pope June 29, 2018 - June 15, 2018
- SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. Removes All Single-Use Plastic Shopping Bags and Plastic Straws from its 12 Theme Parks - June 14, 2018
- Nicki Minaj And Future bring their ‘NickiHndrxx’ Tour to Amway Center Oct 20, 2018 - June 13, 2018
- Orlando Science Center Celebrates Superhero Week June 14-17, 2018 - June 12, 2018
- Coke Zero Sugar 400 Weekend Roars Into Daytona International Speedway July 5-7, 2018 @DISupdates - June 11, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2018 *UPDATED* - June 10, 2018