The International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA), the largest trade association for the worldwide attractions industry, officially broke ground on its brand new 22,000-square-foot global headquarters, to be located in Orlando.
Construction is slated to be complete by summer 2019 on the international headquarters which sits at 4155 Taft-Vineland Road (near the intersection with John Young Pkwy).
The new headquarters is a $14 million investment for the association, which celebrated its 100th anniversary this year. It will feature dedicated member space with meeting rooms, special event space and a lounge, as well as a library for the association’s archives and many thematic elements and displays reflecting the diversity of members around the world.
“We are extremely proud to now be a part of the Central Florida community,” said Hal McEvoy, interim president and CEO, IAAPA “Bringing our global headquarters to the heart of the attractions industry is the perfect next step for us as we continue to better serve our members.”
IAAPA is best known locally for its IAAPA Attractions Expo held each November at the Orange County Convention Center. The annual conference and trade show, currently booked to remain in Orlando through 2030, has an approximate economic impact of $77 million to Central Florida. In 2017, more than 38,000 people from 100 different countries attended the event.
Watch for my coverage of this year’s event in November!
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Wallflowers Oct 26 @HRHUniversalORL @TheWallflowers - October 16, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces New Annual Pass Program - October 15, 2018
- Wild Florida Hosts Sloth Week with Free Admission Oct 15-20 @WildFlorida - October 14, 2018
- Out and About: Sonny’s BBQ Celebrates National Pulled Pork Day 2018 with New Limited Menu Items - October 12, 2018
- Orlando International Airport Has Raised Parking Prices - October 11, 2018
- Annual Pink Off Park Celebration Returns October 19 in Winter Park - October 8, 2018
- Come Out With Pride 2018 Celebrates Orlando’s LGBTQ+ Community Oct 8-14 #KeepDancingOrlando @OrlandoPride - October 7, 2018
- Celebrate #NationalTacoDay 2018 on October 4 With These Orlando-Area Restaurants - October 4, 2018
- Infinity Falls to Open at SeaWorld Orlando October 4, 2018 - October 3, 2018
- Central Florida Foodie Events For October 2018 - October 1, 2018