The International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA), the largest trade association for the worldwide attractions industry, officially broke ground on its brand new 22,000-square-foot global headquarters, to be located in Orlando.
Construction is slated to be complete by summer 2019 on the international headquarters which sits at 4155 Taft-Vineland Road (near the intersection with John Young Pkwy).
The new headquarters is a $14 million investment for the association, which celebrated its 100th anniversary this year. It will feature dedicated member space with meeting rooms, special event space and a lounge, as well as a library for the association’s archives and many thematic elements and displays reflecting the diversity of members around the world.
“We are extremely proud to now be a part of the Central Florida community,” said Hal McEvoy, interim president and CEO, IAAPA “Bringing our global headquarters to the heart of the attractions industry is the perfect next step for us as we continue to better serve our members.”
IAAPA is best known locally for its IAAPA Attractions Expo held each November at the Orange County Convention Center. The annual conference and trade show, currently booked to remain in Orlando through 2030, has an approximate economic impact of $77 million to Central Florida. In 2017, more than 38,000 people from 100 different countries attended the event.
Watch for my coverage of this year’s event in November!
- 2019 NFL Pro Bowl Week Returns to Orlando This Week! @NFL #ProBowl #ESPN - January 22, 2019
- Zora Neale Hurston Festival Returns to Eatonville Jan 26-Feb 3, 2019 - January 21, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Hamilton Digital Lottery for Orlando Shows - January 20, 2019
- Walt Disney World Resort to Offer Special 4-Park Magic Tickets in 2019 - January 17, 2019
- LEGOLAND® Florida Offers New Free Florida Resident Preschool Pass - January 15, 2019
- Don’t Miss Your Shot! Hamilton Comes to the Dr. Phillips Center Jan 22-Feb 10, 2019! @DrPhillipsCtr - January 14, 2019
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks For Free On January 17, 2019 - January 14, 2019
- 2019 Preschool Card Returns for Free Admission to SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica for Florida Kids - January 13, 2019
- The 2019 Florida State Fair Comes to Tampa Feb 7-18 + Win Tickets! #MyFloridaStateFair @FLStateFair - January 12, 2019
- Go Behind-The-Scenes at SeaWorld Orlando During Inside Look Weekends in January - January 11, 2019