Today, the Orlando Predators announced they have decided to suspend operations. It was an unexpected shock to Orlando sports fans.
In an official statement released this afternoon, they explain why:
The team’s organization says they will be processing refunds but this will take some time over the next couple of weeks.
The announcement comes less than two weeks prior to a scheduled Open Tryout for new players.
The team was founded in 1991 as an expansion team of the AFL. The team advanced to the playoffs 19 consecutive seasons between 1992 and 2011, becoming the ArenaBowl champions in 1998 and 2000 during that span.
Were you a Predators fan? What do you think of the decision?
- Electric Ocean Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Memorial Day Weekend - May 23, 2018
- Orlando Officially Named Host City For 2022 Special Olympics USA Games - May 21, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup May 19, 2018: Taste Central Florida, Habit Burger, Hopdoddy Burger Bar, and More - May 19, 2018
- IAAPA Breaks Ground on New International Headquarters in Orlando - May 18, 2018
- MEGACON Orlando to give First Look at New Madame Tussauds’ Justice League Exhibit - May 16, 2018
- Headliners Announced for Rock the Universe 2018 at Universal Orlando - May 14, 2018
- Out and About: Orlando Welcomes 72 Million Visitors in 2017 #VisitOrlando - May 11, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating Mother’s Day 2018 - May 10, 2018
- Schedule Announced for Sunset Music Festival in Tampa May 26-27, 2018 #SMF2018 - May 9, 2018
- Reading is Magical with Disney on Ice and the Orlando Public Library on May 10, 2018 - May 8, 2018