Earlier this month, I had the chance to visit Gardell Brothers Brick Oven Pizza in Hunter’s Creek, which was hosting the Peter Alden CD release party. I decided it was the perfect time to try out their food, too.
I started with their Pepperoni Bread appetizer. They take pizza dough, fill it with pepperoni and mozzarella, and roll it up breadstick style. You get three with marinara sauce for $5.25. They were so good! Like mini-pizzas you can dip. I would definitely get this again.
Then, I ordered a pizza, as that’s what their primary dish is. Since I was dining solo, I decided to forgo the pre-made combo pizzas in favor of the build-your-own pizza, because then I could order an 8″ pizza (combos come in 12″ or 16″ only).
I ordered my “Bambino”-size pizza ($8 plus $1 for each topping) with pepperoni and jalapeno peppers, and it came with plenty of toppings. The crust had a slight char from the brick oven, but it wasn’t overdone. It had a good combo of toppings to cheese to crust, so I’d have to give a thumbs up to the pizza.
As I was finishing my meal, I ordered a Meat Calzone ($8.50) to take home for my roommate. It came filled with Italian sausage, pepperoni, ricotta & mozzarella cheeses, and she enjoyed it except for the fact that all the toppings were bunched in the middle, so the ends of calzone were all dough. But it’s a minor thing.
The menu, which can be found online, also offers salads, sandwiches, and desserts. They have a liquor license, so beer and wine are available, too.
Over all I enjoyed the food and the service was really good, too. I should note I first visited them shortly after opening but decided not to review them since they were having the growing pains that most new restaurants have. I’m happy to say this visit was markedly better, and I would eat here again.
Gardell Brothers Brick Oven Pizza is located at 13586 Village Park Drive (behind Miller’s Ale House) in Hunter’s Creek. It’s a family affair and you will generally see one of the brothers in the kitchen – usually Brian, but occasionally Billy when he’s not on an acting job or comedy gig.
You can find more information, including a full menu, online at gardellbrospizza.com.
Disclaimer: I paid for my food. My opinion is my own and as always, honest.
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup March 24, 2018: National Paella Day, Foxtail Coffee, DOMU, and More - March 24, 2018
- Win Easter Lunch at First-Ever Unlimited Izakaya Lunch at Dragonfly Robata Grill and Sushi @DflyOrlando - March 23, 2018
- House of Blues Orlando Presents AWOLNATION May 24, 2018 - March 22, 2018
- LEGOLAND Florida to Open Funnel Cake Factory Spring 2018 - March 21, 2018
- Orlando Science Center Hosts Top Secret Weekend March 24-25, 2018 #orlandosciencecenter - March 20, 2018
- Meet the Local Actresses appearing in Waitress at Dr. Phillips Center March 20-25, 2018 - March 19, 2018
- The Great LEGO Race Opens March 23 at LEGOLAND Florida - March 18, 2018
- Winn-Dixie Announces Plans to Close Some Central Florida Stores Following Bankruptcy Filing - March 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup March 16, 2018: Urbain 40, Hunger Street Tacos, Morthan Cheese, and More - March 16, 2018
- Walt Disney World to Start Charging Resort Guests Overnight Parking Fees - March 15, 2018