Earlier this month, I had the chance to visit Gardell Brothers Brick Oven Pizza in Hunter’s Creek, which was hosting the Peter Alden CD release party. I decided it was the perfect time to try out their food, too.
I started with their Pepperoni Bread appetizer. They take pizza dough, fill it with pepperoni and mozzarella, and roll it up breadstick style. You get three with marinara sauce for $5.25. They were so good! Like mini-pizzas you can dip. I would definitely get this again.
Then, I ordered a pizza, as that’s what their primary dish is. Since I was dining solo, I decided to forgo the pre-made combo pizzas in favor of the build-your-own pizza, because then I could order an 8″ pizza (combos come in 12″ or 16″ only).
I ordered my “Bambino”-size pizza ($8 plus $1 for each topping) with pepperoni and jalapeno peppers, and it came with plenty of toppings. The crust had a slight char from the brick oven, but it wasn’t overdone. It had a good combo of toppings to cheese to crust, so I’d have to give a thumbs up to the pizza.
As I was finishing my meal, I ordered a Meat Calzone ($8.50) to take home for my roommate. It came filled with Italian sausage, pepperoni, ricotta & mozzarella cheeses, and she enjoyed it except for the fact that all the toppings were bunched in the middle, so the ends of calzone were all dough. But it’s a minor thing.
The menu, which can be found online, also offers salads, sandwiches, and desserts. They have a liquor license, so beer and wine are available, too.
Over all I enjoyed the food and the service was really good, too. I should note I first visited them shortly after opening but decided not to review them since they were having the growing pains that most new restaurants have. I’m happy to say this visit was markedly better, and I would eat here again.
Gardell Brothers Brick Oven Pizza is located at 13586 Village Park Drive (behind Miller’s Ale House) in Hunter’s Creek. It’s a family affair and you will generally see one of the brothers in the kitchen – usually Brian, but occasionally Billy when he’s not on an acting job or comedy gig.
You can find more information, including a full menu, online at gardellbrospizza.com.
Disclaimer: I paid for my food. My opinion is my own and as always, honest.
- PirateFest Weekends Return to LEGOLAND Florida Starting Jan 22, 2022 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #PirateFest #BuiltForKids - January 19, 2022
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of The Temptations’ At Dr. Phillips Center Jan 25-30, 2022 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @AintTooProud #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - January 17, 2022
- Music Headliners Announced for 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival .. #WaltDisneyWorld #EPCOT #GardenRocksConcerts - January 15, 2022
- Universal Orlando Announces Headliner Concerts for Mardi Gras 2022 .. @UniversalORL #UniversalOrlando #MardiGras #OrlandoConcerts - January 14, 2022
- Actor/Comedian Bob Saget Passes Away in Orlando at 65 .. #BobSaget - January 9, 2022
- Out and About: Live Entertainment and a New Menu Return to Mango’s Tropical Café in Orlando .. #MangosOrlando #IDrive @OrlandoMangos - December 13, 2021
- Opera Orlando Presents ‘The Secret River’ World Premiere at Dr. Phillips Center Dec. 17-19, 2021 .. #OperaOrlando #TheSecretRiver #DrPhillipsCenter - December 10, 2021
- Out and About: Hawkers Asian Street Food Has Fun New Cocktails for the 2021 Holidays .. #EatHawkers #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoDrinks - December 9, 2021
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021